Ophthalmologists, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Pediatrician, Pediatric Specialist

Delthome
3565 Torrance Blvd
Ste A
Torrance, CA 90503
310-543-1310
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  great doctor  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

I took my son to see Dr. Simon after hearing so many strong recommendations, and she did not disappoint. We left the office feeling very confident in Dr. Simon's treatment. She was punctual, professional and charming (even funny). Even though my son's condition is not severe, she performed a full exam to make sure that he had no other problems. This is medicine at its best. We also loved her new office.

|  Great Experience for my child and me  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2013

Barely any waiting time, the new office was so great- my kid could have played there forever. Loved the staff- so helpful- but found some difficulty with parking last year (which she resolved with her move). She was responsive, efficient, and paid attention to my child- refreshing! She truly belongs working with kids and I'd recommend her to you definitely.

|  Excellent Doctor, Excellent Care  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

We have been Seeing Dr. Simon for three years now for my 4-1/2 year-old daughter.Yes, you are expected to be there on time - all patients are. And as a result...you get seen on time. An odd concept, I know.Dr. Simon is professional and patient. When deciding as to whether or not get surgery for my daughter's intermittent exotropia (lazy eye), she was not insulted we sought another opinion, nor did she take it personally. She understands we want to make the most informed decisions for our kids.I am going to address her bedside manner. She is not a clown, there to entertain you and your child - but she is gentle, patient and caring with the kids and her exams are entertaining for the kids (finger puppets and the like) my daughter likes her. I like that she is professional and expects you to be as well - no texting while she is talking to you about your child.I would suggest anyone who is looking for a pediatric ophthalmologist visit Dr. Simon.

Aug 18th, 2012

Doctor is good. office is terrible, unfriendly and difficult. dont take vision insurance and often sell hard

Mar 12th, 2012

I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews posted here. Both my children have been patients of Dr. Simon's for years and we have never experienced anything but professional and courteous care. We went to her based on the recommendations of many people in our local community, all of whom reiterated positive feedback. She is very professional, and efficient with her time. In thinking about this, I think people who may be less experienced with medical care may possibly see this as a lack of caring? But NO WAY. I value the fact that when we have a 2pm appt, we are seen within 5-10 minutes of our appt time. She doesn't waste my time nor that of my high schoolers. But she always takes the time to ask the kids about what they are involved in, etc. Her office staff has always gone above and beyond. Trust me, try working with Children's Hospital or UCLA Children's -- you will wait 3 months for an appt, fight to get return phone calls, and wait an hour or two past your scheduled appt time. Dr. Simon is amazing!

|  We love Dr. Simon  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Simon for 12 years. She is a fantastic doctor who has always had time to explain to us everything that is happening.

|  Dr Simon was extremely upset because we did not buy her glasses  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

Dr.Simon called my glasses cheap and horrible frames she also said to my mom ,"why did you get such ugly glasses?They look terrible on her".In front of me I'm only 7 years old but I will never forget my visit with Dr Simon.

May 12th, 2011

Dr Simon is extremely thorough and caring. She is conservative on her care, strict my kids say, but she cares about their safety. My kids are honest with her and love her. I will drive long distances to continue care with Dr Simon.

|  Horrible customer service  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Our son is in the NICU. Dr. Simon told nurse staff to have us call her. Nurse staff did not know why Dr. Simon wanted us to call. We had to wait the next business day. I called her Office nervous that something was wrong with my son. The Office staff for Dr. Simon had no idea why I was calling, and beacme rude and short with me. They called me back four hours later with an appointment at 430 PM. We arrived at 415PM and were not seen by the Dr. till 515PM. We were given a 5 minute over view and to sign papers, that's it. My son is covered with two seperate insurance, so we don't have to pay out of pocket. (it's expensive to have two PPO plans). A few weeks later we recieve a bill in the mail from Dr. Simon's Office. I called and told them my son is double covered and they should have the insurance info. The Office staff said; "We don't bill the second insurance, it's office policy." "you have to either pay the balance and be reimbursed, or bill the insurance co. yourself". I told them We can not afford to pay out of pocket, and our son is still in the NICU and wife and I work fulltime. we don't have the time to "do there job". They did not try to assist me, they blew me off... The Office staff are lazy and rude. They don't know how to talk to people. especially a family that is going through a lot of stress having there son in the NICU.

by Aimee on Mar 24th, 2011

dr anne simone is a very good dr. she has a way of examining kids. she examines them with skill and accuracy. the wait may be along time but seeing her is worth the wait. she is very polite and is very knowledgeable about her specialty. my son had a blocked tear duct and the operation was excellent. no side effects. he was out of the O.R. in less than ten minutes. and she makes sure that i can reach her or call her. she gave me her cellphone and home number in case i have questions or concerns after my son's surgery. i am an ER nurse and ive worked with a lot of doctors. and all i can say is that she deserves some recognition in her good work.

|  WARNING!!, this doctor and her staff will take your money and run!!  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

this office is like hotel california, once your in their office, they will not let you leave until you have purchased something.their tactic is to pressure patients to believe you have to buy the glasses or else you'll go blind.. NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY THEIR GLASSES THERE, ASK FOR A PRESCRIPTION, BY LAW THEY HAVE TO GIVE IT TO YOU. if you do decide to purchase glasses there and pay for them in full, if you call back few hours later to cancel order, they will lie and tell you its too late.NOTE: the lab cannot cut lenses without a frame it takes 1 day for the lab to receive frame to start the job...Dr. simmon you and your staff should be ashamed of yourselves!

|  I have not heard great things about Dr. Simon.  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

All it takes is one bad experince, but in this case it just continued.

|  AVOID THIS MD!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

The first time I met Dr. Simon I did not care for her. I should have gone with my gut feeling and should never had returned to see her again. Unfortunately we returned and my daughter suffered for it. She was evaluated by Dr. Simon in April of 2010. Seeing how Dr. Simon does not accept our Vision Insurance we went to Stein Optometric in Manhattan Beach to obtain her glasses. My daughter constantly complained of headaches after getting her glasses and became very agitated over the next few months. When school started in Sept. she once again was complaining of headaches so my husband took her back to see Dr. Simon for another evaluation. The Dr. was rude to my husband and spent about 5 minutes with her. She stated the Rx had improved since April and that she needed new glasses. When my husband asked if she verified the Rx, she cockily answered No, I guessed! I took my daughter back to Stein and got new lenses. When we picked them up a week later she could not see with them at all. I had her reevaluated at Stein (they spent about 45 minutes checking her vision and stated she was very reliable, and consistent) and the Rx was more than 3/4 a diopter different than the Rx Anne Stein did. I had to get another $300.00 set of new lenses. I called Dr. Stein's office and spoke with the Clinic manager. I explained the situation and what I thought was a fair remediation. The Dr. did not return my phone call so I stopped in the office to talk to the clinic manager again. She was not in the office at the time so I asked to see the Dr. Dr. Simon stated she could not talk to me and that she would call me. I stated that I was concerned that she was not returning my phone call and I was there now and wanted 5 minutes of her time. She threatend that if I made a stink she would call the police on me. She then turned around and called the police. This woman has no business working with children. She has no patience, especially with siblings of the patient. She is rude, arrogant and belittling to the parents. I spoke with numerous mothers at a party the following day and came to find that a number of other families also had similar situations occur with this Dr. I work in the Health field and am appalled that a person like this is representing the medical profession. My daughter suffered for over 6 months due to her negligence. We will never return to her office again and I will be sure to spread the negative word about Dr. Simon.

|  USE EXTREME CAUTION  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2010

There are times in our lives when we need to rely on others to feel safe, secure and 100% confident in the decisions we make for our children. Dr. Simon did absolutely NONE of those. She tried to bully my husband and I into a procedure and threatened that our son would go blind if we did not act within 24hours. We received both a second and third opinion and both physicians disagreed with Dr. Simons recommendation. Did she know deep down that those opinions would contradict hers? Was she just more worried about being conservative and keeping her perfect record intact rather than doing what was best for her patient? These and many other questions floated thru our minds as she left us completely stunned and frustrated after the appointment. She would not explain her decision and treated us as though we were well below her. We witnessed her irrational behavior not only with us, but with her colleagues as well. We witnessed just how emotionally unstable she is at a very crucial time in our sons life. She is certainly well educated and has much experience, but her bedside manner and eventual diagnosis were atrocious and unacceptable. I realize that with her specialty there are not many options when living in the South Bay, but I would much rather recommend a potential client to drive in LA traffic and feel safe, secure and confident that your child is receiving the medical care that he/she deserves. If you do need a good recommendation, check out Dr. Thomas Chu of the Retina Vitreous Associates Medical Group in Los Angeles. He has office hours on Fridays in Torrance. Or else they have 5 offices throughout Los Angeles. www.laretina.com