Overall Review

2.1

October 4th, 2016
Failed my mother
My mother was a long time paitent of Dr Shain. Her "checkups" were always very quick. As if she had someplace better to be. One checkup she checked my mothers thyroid and said" it feels a bit large but its probably nothing" Note my mother had lost over 70 pounds in the last year for no apparent reason. No change in diet or excersize. My mother eventually had a fall because of excessive weakness. She went to Riverbend medical where she saw a PA who had an EKG done and found she was having AFIB. She was rushed to the ER. Long story short 2 weeks after her fall she died of a major stroke, caused by the AFIB, caused by the hyperactive thyroid that went undiagnosed for over a year. If Dr Shain had simply tested her thyroid instead of brushing it off my mother would still be here.

August 27th, 2016
Bad Doctor
My husband needed a new PCP as his retired from Riverbend. We were recommended Dr. Shain. I went in on this visit to help my husband with his health information. I work in the health care field and I have not met a health care practitioner so uninvolved with the care and compassion for her patients. She was rude, and did not even answer our questions, when asked about medications she just was not even paying attention to our questions. She treated him like he did not even matter and did not listen to a thing he said. She kept talking over him and he was very upset after his visit. This is the kind of physician that makes patients not want to follow up on care. She should retire.

May 16th, 2016
she prejudges you before a word is spoken
Was like going to a drive thru. She ignored my questions and my symptoms.Was very condescending. She treated me like a junkie on parole about medications and left the room after 5 minutes with me assuming she would be back, she wasn't nurse was handing me my coat and pushing me out the door. Since then my medical issues have worsened and I am afraid to even try my luck with a new doctor.

March 31st, 2016
Horrible Experience
I would give no stars for this doctor if allowed. With multiple health issues, I needed a really good primary doc, after my old one retired, and chose her because she was chief of medicine. What a mistake. I took someone with me for my first appt (which I waited months for) they were shocked with her also. Had an appt for 15 minutes for a first visit. My thyroid, well nothing, was addressed as it should have been, and she just outsourced me to my specialists (which I'm already doing on my own) I brought my list of questions with me, and never had the opportunity to say a word. Extremely rude, could have cared less if I was her patient, or what was going on with me, and not an iota of concern, ideas, or anything for my situation. I saw another review that filed a formal complaint on her, I'll admit, after my appt (if you could even call it that) the thought crossed my mind as well. I've never had to write a review like this, but think it's truly important for others to know what they can expect from her, in my case, I left feeling like I didn't even have a primary doctor, nor did I even matter to her. Besides needing good care, waiting with the expectation of receiving good care, I, in good conscience would not recommend her to anyone. I keep wondering, where does the Hippocratic oath come in here, well, it doesn't. Please do yourself a favor and find someone else.

March 4th, 2016
A Dr. with no time to listen & just doesn't care
I have had this Dr. for many years, why I don't know! She is rude, nasty, looks at her watch like I am taking up her time & has even told me she can't do anything more for me & walked out. I refused ANY type of Cholesterol meds. anymore They have damaged my body, she knows this & still she doesn't listen. My Thyroid is not right but she STILL won't order other test. Time to find a Dr. who acts like a Dr., not like someone whose time I am wasting.

July 10th, 2013
Worst dr I ever encountered.

May 21st, 2012
I was new to the area and was looking for a female doctor close to my age, thinking she would better understand my stage in life. (menopause). Boy was I wrong. She is short, rude, & does not listen. She often cut me off when I was trying to explain something. I got the impression she wished she was anywhere but where she was. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking perhaps she was dealing with some sort of life difficulty, but after reading other reviews, it appears this is just her manner. Time to find a new doctor again!

August 5th, 2011
This practice is ridiculous
My visit to this office resulted in my filing a formal complaint with the Department of Public Health. I have never seen such incompetance at a Doctor's office in my life. The nurse that took my intake information was rude, incompetant and medically negligent. The doctor was not pleasant and also bordered on incompetance. I went to this Doctor because I moved to the area and needed a doctor and they were the fist practice who could schedule me in... now I know why.

July 31st, 2011
Worst Doctor I ever met.
Bad bedside manners.Uncaring and very rude.