Dr. Anne Truong MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Fredericksburg, VA

2.7

March 16th, 2017
Didn't even evaluated my mother
First app we got a referral from another Dr. App was at one, they told us to get there earlier to fill new patient paperwork, we got there at 12 30 we didn't went back till 2pm , the nurse was very attentive and the PA Stephanie was beyond amazing , finally around 3 the Dr came in and told us to give my mother PT was a waste of time cause she had Alzheimer's and that she couldn't do anything for her pain, did not evaluate my mother at all not even 5 minutes in with us , told us to fill our mothers VA assistance form it was going to be 50 dollars and if she had to order any assistance supplies that Medicare was only going to cover 80 % and that for all her supplies she needs to have the 20 % did not let us ask any questions and she said you may want to transfer your mother to the VA system. 3 hours and we got the privilege of meeting and LISTENING to this Dr for less than 5 minutes cause SHE WOULD NOT LET YOU SPEAK . I went out of there in tears so I guess Alzheimer's patients don't have any rights and the only thing it can be done for them if make them comfortable and see them deteriorate before your eyes and cry out loud out of pain and agony cause of the Arthritis and muscle issues they had. I would not want this woman to even treat one of our PETS , yes not verĂ¡n as an animal Dr . I truly don't understand how such knowledgeable and caring person like our orthopedic Dr can trust or recommend someone' like this . Staff was very supportive when they saw me breaking down , don't know either how such incredibly grand concern sweet staff can work with her .God have mercy on her .

March 24th, 2016
P-Shot
She is has a brash personality. She seem more like a used car salesman then a doctor when advising treatment. She and her nurse made promises about what the P-Shot would do for me and what it has done for them and their partners. The P-shot had no effect at all. It was recommended that I continue with testosterone replacement therapy even thought my testosterone levels were quite normal. There was no explanation of the risk involved with testosterone theory even thought my T levels are normal.

May 20th, 2015
Dr Truong is not a warm fuzzy doctor, her manner can be a bit brusk. But she knows what she is doing and so does her PA Stephanie. They have both diagnosed and treated accurately when other orthopedists and pain management docs didn't have a clue. The PRP treatment was very effective for my chronic bursitis. You have to be patient, it took almost 6 months to have full effect.

February 3rd, 2015
She wants to diagnose you her way with out truly listening to you. She can make rude comments. Her rehab facility and water rehab is pretty good. The office has a more than a g turn over rate. Been a patient on and off since 2010.

June 12th, 2014
Knee and Shoulder treatment
I have had Dr. Truong treat both knees and shoulders for muscle and cartlidge issues. Thanks to her treatments I have avoided surgery and now enjoy greater range of motion and vastly diminished pain. I would stronly recommend that anyone experiencing issues in these areas see her before having surgery. I have not had single bad experience under her care.

June 11th, 2014
Much needed relief
I highly recommend Truong Rehab. Dr. Truong, who admittedly has a loud voice and can be quite abrupt, has always given me accurate and complete explanations of diagnoses. Sometimes the front desk is busy, sometimes "officious" and not warm but they always call back, and follow through. I then see Stephanie, the PA, for injections (she is a caring, sweet person) and follow up with massage therapy. I have also taken advantage of their physical therapist and chiropractor and all my experiences were good ones. Which is why I keep going back when I have pain. Nurses are also great. (nerve impingements and arthritis.)

June 4th, 2014
She didn't seem to want to help me
For me, this Dr. was not a good fit. I got emotional during the appointment and she just didn't want to deal with that. I came 2 hours to see her for chronic (over 8 months) pain/inflammation in my heels. She poked and prodded but I wasn't responsive enough on where it hurt. I explained that she needed to go slower so I could pinpoint where it hurt and she said "If you have to think about whether it hurts, then it doesn't hurt enough and I can't help you" I left without a diagnosis or any treatment suggestions. When asked why i have the inflammation, she said "I don't know". I suspect she considered me as a hypochondriac. Perhaps most patients she sees, jump off the table in pain when she touches them. I suspect now that the pain I experience is internal to my heel and isn't easily prodded. There were lots of folks at the office so she is obviously helping some people but she couldn't help me.

April 16th, 2013
Wish I'd Heeded Other's Advice
When you're 30 minutes late after a truck flips over, it's hard to want to see the same massage therapist who chewed you out once in the lobby for being a mere 5 minutes late in D.C. traffic, then rubbed you in stone-cold silence and before spitting you out emphatically like a piece of crap. My impression was that this rudeness was a lame attempt to get rid of me over another incident: when one of the assistants took umbrage at my comment that fish in a tank lead a boring life - I kid you not - or my quizzical look when her response made me glad we were talking fish and not, say, black people in the 1800s. "Yes - THAT WAY," she motioned to the door, as if she ran the place. Dr. Truong and her staff are medically skilled, but she has a couple of high-fallutin' employees who I'd fire in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the therapist I liked there for two months is only a temp.

October 16th, 2012
Worse Doctor Ever
I accompanied my mother to her appointment with Dr. Truong for medical massage. Dr. Truong has absolutely NO bedside manner at all. One would think that a facility that boasts to help stroke patients would have some degree of patience. Dr. Truong impatiently refused to allow my mother to complete her sentences, cut across her when speaking, and spoke to me as if my mother was not in the room. Please do yourself a favor, stay away from this office.

March 16th, 2012
Extremely frustrated
The office staff and PA were nothing short of amazing. Dr. Truong, however, was extremely rude and had the worst bedside manner I've ever experienced in a physician. During my first visit there she yelled at me go to the emergency room for muscle pain relief, that she couldn't help me--which makes no sense coming from a pain management doctor. Give me a break. I would NOT recommend her to ANYONE and have told my referring physician not to send anyone else her way either. Her PA, on the other hand, was awesome. Too bad I couldn't have just seen her.

February 1st, 2012
Dissatisified
I was dumbfounded when Dr Truong told me she didnt know what else to tell since i still had muscle pain. Her plan of action for me was to get injections for 2 weeks, see a Pt for 2 weeks and to see her on site chiro 2x. She suggested i get a second opinion since she couldnt offer me anything else. She did not even attempt anything else, no other treatment not even consult with her PA who seems to care more for me than she did. She did not listen to me, i had to repeat myself several times to her. I would think for a doctor, they would take more time to see what else they can do and come up with a better or more agressive plan for their patients in pain. I find it hard to believe that doctor runs a whole rehab facility when she can't even assist a patient who has muscle/trigger point pain. Would not be recommending her facility to anyone.-The PA should take over patient care. She was extremely nice and seemed to care about anyone.

January 19th, 2011
Wear your Earplugs
Dr. Troung is very confident in her staff, her own immediate assessment and her ability, so you are not allowed to say anything while she is talking or she gets upset. She shouts everything which is why I give her a poor bedside manner. I believe that some of her clipped mannerisms may stem from a cultural idiosyncrocy that most people (including me) are not used to. Fortunately, she has a very compassionate staff which takes some of the sting out of her harsh bedside manner. I have to admit, she yelled at me to do something, I did it, and I saw improvement within a couple of days of my first visit. The chiropractor that is on-site, Dr. Ward, is great. To me, someone like Dr. Troung, who surrounds herself with good people must have something going for her that perhaps in a short office visit, the patient misses.

Health Guides