Overall Review

October 17th, 2013
Ignorant!! Aunt saw Dr. Pelaez for years and returned to Dr. Pelaez multiple times with complaints of vaginal pain and abnormal bleeding. No information was provided to aunt an no referral to specialist. Multiple times aunt was not given an appointment and was simply prescribed antibiotics over the phone. Dr. Pelaez was negligent and ignorant to my aunts symptoms that caused her life. Aunt was found with uterin cancer after rushing to the hospital due to the continuous vaginal bleeding and pain. How does one with a so called medical education lack concern or lack expressing concern to a postmenopausal patient with symptoms of abnormal bleeding and pain. All you have to do is google these symptoms and your run into a big word CANCER! Shame on you "Dr" Pelaez. And sad that my aunt met another of Her patients during chemotherapy.

August 20th, 2012
1st Visit for OB care
I was pretty impressed with Dr. Pelaez, I am 7 weeks and 2 days expecting. I felt she was very nice, told me about all the tests I could have, and my options, and received an ultrasound on the first visit, was able to hear the heart beat. The whole office was very friendly. Maybe it was just my day but their practice was highly recommended to me. and so far Im happy.

October 15th, 2011
Horrific care
I had a horrific experience with Dr Pelaez. I came to her with an ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and no heartbeat detected. She walked in, barely looked me in the eye as she introduced herself, never introduced herself to my husband, who sat crammed in the corner of the changing room. She looked through my ultrasound records and said in a neutral voice, while flipping through the records, "yeah, you probably had a miscarriage. You can get a D & C or miscarry naturally. Any questions?" My husband and I sat in stunned silence. When I started to cry, she said "yeah, it's hard," in a snappy voice. She told me she would arrange for an ultrasound and walked out of the room. She was right - I did have a MC. I arranged a D&C with her. She did it in her ofc without anesthesia, which I subsequently learned was bad practice: she should have offered me a hospital OR and anesthesia. It was incredibly painful; I still cry just thinking about it. She didn't send it for pathology: another bad practice. And now it turns out I have a retained placenta - she didn't get everything out during the D&C. I would never, ever recommend her to anyone.

August 23rd, 2010
very good, and very bad
Does not answer questions or spend time reviewing the best treatment options. I have always had problems with their billing, and Dr. Pelaez implanted an IUD in me, broke the first one, said "don't worry, I won't charge you twice," and then went ahead and billed the insurance twice--for two $500 IUDs, and two $300 surgeries (which used up my family's yearly allotment). The PAPs with her are fast and comfortable, though, and appointments are easy to come by and waiting time is minimal.