Gastroenterologist (digestive), Pediatricians, Pediatric Specialist
7777 Forest Ln
Ste B304
North Dallas, Dallas, TX 75230
972-566-8844
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

|  No thanks  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2014

My infant is steadily dropping weight. As a new mom, I am very concerned. Dr. Whitney was concerned enough to give us five minutes of her time. She never looked at my child, told us our child was fine, and then recommended we just change formula (and made us feel stupid for the formula choice we made). We found her to be dismissive and disinterested...not qualities i want in someone who would care fir my child. She was clearly not interested in building a relationship nor caring for our daughter. I will not return.

|  really disappointed  |  show details
by MOM on Sep 15th, 2013

Our inititial 2 visits with Dr Whitney and her staff were great, her medical assistant was knowledgable and helpful, Dr Whitney was pretty thorough and offered honest advice. My recent dealing with Dr and her staff has made me decide to switch doctors and I am very disappointed in her and her staffs actions. My daughter had C diff for a month being managed by an infectious disease doctor, but despite all treatments she was not getting better. I called Dr Whitneys office and explained all things to medical assistant who said she would get back with me later that day. It took 4 days of me calling her back for a final return phone call to go get labs drawn, I called the medical assistant back for a reasoning for labs and she said so the Dr can try to figure out what is going on, I asked- did you tell her she has Cdiff? The lady asked me what it that? As a gastroenterology medical assistant I think you should know common diagnoses? The infectious disease MD contacted Dr Whitney who was very rude and snobby and told her that she was going out of the country and did not have time to see my daughter nor did any of her partners. So with that being said we will be finding a new GI doctor.

|  WONDERFUL! So happy we got a 2nd opinion with her!  |  show details
by Laura W on May 9th, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was a little hesitant to make an appointment with Dr. Whitney. However, I was not satisfied with the first GI doctor I took my 3 month old to, who wanted to jump right into an endoscopy and unnecessarily switch his formula from one hypoallergenic brand to another, so I knew I needed another opinion. Dr. Whitney's staff was great from the start, and she herself walked into the room with a big smile. She was very friendly and told me to "start from the beginning", allowing me to explain every little issue my son was having without interrupting or tuning out. At the end of our appointment, she asked me "is there anything else you want to talk to me about?" How many doctors ask that rather than just walking out of the room as soon as they make a diagnosis? Also, I don't agree with the other reviewer who said she is money hungry. Rather than agreeing with the other doctor that my son needed an endoscopy, she chose to order an upper GI that won't get her any money but will save me some and, in the process, not subject my son to unnecessary invasive procedures. I can not say enough good things about her! THANK YOU Dr. Whitney :)

|  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

Rushed to perform unnecessary upper & lower GI, found only Hpilori & treated with antibiotic, but did not tell us to come back. One year late, we find out she should have had us check back in. My daughter apparently has had the virus this entire time because of new test we just did with new doctor.

|  We Love Dr Whitney!  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

My daughter had been choking whenever she ate, having chest pain and reflux and I needed to find her a good doctor. I was a little concerned about making an appointment with Dr Whitney because of some of the reviews, but I made the appointment anyway. I have no clue why anyone would write a bad review about her because we think Dr Whitney is fabulous. She immediately had my daughter scheduled for testing, and when the results came in Dr Whitney herself called me to give me the news. The diagnoses she gave us in the office the very first time we saw her was exactly what the test revealed and the medications she put her on after that have helped tremendously. She talks to my daughter like she is a friend that she cares about and not down to her. We love Dr Whitney and will reccomend her to anyone. Thank you Dr Whitney, for making my daughter feel important and for caring so much! You are not just a good doctor you are a wonderful, caring, compassionate doctor!

|  Great at working with a 6 year old!  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

We have really appreciated Dr. Whitney. She is very conservative in her diagnosis and allows the parents and child to provide insight. She is willing to work with us in finding resolution instead of ordering more expensive testing or just repeating the same regiment other GI's have given us. I highly recommend her.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr Whitney is Awesome! She came into the room smiling and introduced herself and spoke directly to my daughter, asking her about the issues she is having. She explained everything that she thinks the problem may be and what needs to be done. We walked out of there with my daughters endoscope already scheduled for this week. Dr Whitney completely put my daughter at ease, her bedside manner is wonderful. She tells you exactly what she believes is going on, runs necessary tests, and checks to see if you have any questions. I would definitely reccomend her to any parent. I am happy that we found such a wonderful doctor!

|  We love Dr. Whitney!  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

After seeing another pedi GI, we were so glad to be in Dr. Whitney's capable hands. She was thorough, down-to-earth and I have never felt rushed. Best of all, she relies on common sense as much as what the computer is saying about charts and such. For us, we are willing to make the hour drive because of the amazing quality of care.

|  SHE IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED HER  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

Dr Whitney is very good. She talks TO the patient and parents not down.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

Both myself and my 11 year old son have Crohn's disease. My disease has been very severe through the years and I know many of the medical community through out the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Dr. Whitney is an excellent doctor. She and her assistant have helped my son through some very difficult times. She is NOT money oriented, and has proven this fact to me by her actions on a number of different occassions. She does care about her patients and will go the extra mile. I can highly recommend this doctor to anyone who has a child with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

|  Very money oriented doctor.  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

She did not order a simple stool test to discard gut disbiosis, instend she ordered the expensive colonoscopy/endoscopy and she said she did not find anything. My son had green fouls stools, with chronic pain (stools had mucus, undigested food, time to time diarrhea). A simple stool test, antibiotics, antifungals, and good probiotics would have solve it. Wonder why she did not do that? I guess she is into MONEY MONEY!!

|  Working with a teenager  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2009

My son has been seen by three different doctors prior to being referred to Dr. Whitney. He has missed a month of school and continues to experience abdominal pain. Dr. Whitney was very caring and spoke to him like his opinion or information mattered. This is very important when you are sixteen. She took what he said seriously. We are still in the evaluation stage but the doctor is wonderful. I would strongly recommend her.

|  Mother of 10 yr old with ulcers  |  show details
by MLP on May 4th, 2009

Dr. Whitney has the worst bedside manner of any physician I've ever seen. She ordered 5 male nurses to hold my daughter down forcibly, and strapped her to the table like a wild animal, for the administration of anesthesia! (Instead of trying an anti-anxiety or tranquilizing pre-medication.) After the diagnosis and standard initial treatment, she did nothing to follow up with actual care and resolution of my daughter's illness.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2009

We are very disappointed that we will no longer be able to take our child to this doctor. She has repeated the same "remedies" over and over while my child suffered. We do not recommend her to anyone.