Dr. Annette Whitney MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Gastroenterology Dallas, TX

• Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2017
Dr. Whitney is amazing! She is compassionate and understands the stress parents go through trying to figure out what is wrong with their kids. She doesn't give up just because your kid doesn't follow what the medical journals say their disease or symptoms should be. So happy with her and even more happy my son is doing better!

September 26th, 2016
one

August 4th, 2016
We've been extremely happy with Dr. Whitney

June 10th, 2016
Probably OK for minor concerns or maintenance of a previously confirmed diagnosis. With her for over a year with my two-year-old's "mystery" food allergy issues and she could never diagnose him. Never sent us to a food allergist, or nutritionist, just did invasive procedures. when results came back normally, suggested a full elemental diet for a child who had already fallen off the growth chart. She also lacked care and compassion when he badly failed a dairy trial, which started 10 weeks of chronic diarrhea. I became fed up and sought a second opinion - so glad I did! New GI at Children's immediately sent us to food allergist who diagnosed him with FPIES. Got nutritionist help and learned that his chronic diarrhea and other symptoms were a result of continued exposure to hidden milk. Dr Whitney had never counseled us on ingredients that hide milk and had even told us that any cooked milk was safe for him (untrue!). She also told us our elemental formula would never be covered by insurance - sure enough it is and the allergist/nutritionist got it covered in one day. Too bad we spent $2,000+ on it while in her care. Proceed with caution!

April 3rd, 2016
Office staff is very friendly and Dr. Whitney is always on time and dwhich is very much appreciated.

March 2nd, 2016
Dr Whitney has been my child's doctor and I have also worked with Dr Whitney IN the surgical setting. So I have experience with her from both the parent and professional side. I would recommend her to anyone.

February 28th, 2016
Best EVER!
We just love Dr. Whitney and have been taking our son to see her for his stomach issues. She is always patient and caring. She really takes the time to listen to what I have to say as a mom and what has been going on since the last visit. That means a lot to me. Without Dr. Whitney, I know that our son would not be doing as well as we are today. Thanks!!

September 24th, 2015
We took our 7 year old son to her. We found her very compassionate, caring and thorough. I can't say enough good things about her!

July 1st, 2015
Thorough and Caring
We have seen Dr. Whitney for over a year for our 5 year old daughter. Dr. Whitney always takes the time to talk to us as well as our daughter to find out what is going on. On those occasions that additional testing is needed, she is always able to schedule it within a week.

December 12th, 2014
Ego Too Big for Her Britches
Dr. Whitney made up her mind about what was wrong with my child sight-unseen and refused to accept that her diagnosis was wrong. She kept telling us that our child needed an endoscopy and colonoscopy and drugs with monthly follow-ups. We agreed to the tests, but declined the drugs. In the end, she had to be pushed and pushed by multiple people (medically affiliated and family members) to FINALLY agree to ordering a simple test...which showed the CORRECT diagnosis! We have NEVER heard from her or her office again.

November 30th, 2014
Just Awful
This was one of the WORST visits to a physician that we've experienced. My toddler had chronic vomiting, refusal to eat, and lots of gas/burping. Dr. Whitney pushed and pushed for an endoscopy making us feel like that it was the end of the world if we did not move forward with this procedure. She even tried pushing us to go to her outpatient center (doctors often have ownership at outpatient centers and make more money on procedures), but I insisted on the hospital where there is more oversight. After putting my child under anesthesia and through this awful ordeal, everything came back normal. Instead of further clinically investigating based on symptoms and looking at other possibilities, Dr. Whitney threw up her hands and said "Well, I don't know what this could be. I'm lost." Really???? Isn't that what med school and GI fellowship are for? Since the procedure was done (and paid for), there wasn't any interest left in treating my child. Instead, she tried pushing a dangerous appetite stimulant drug: we of course refused stating that this was a "bandaid" fix that did not diagnose the underlying issue. I would not recommend this type of treatment to anyone. We found another reputable GI and our child is doing so much better now.

July 2nd, 2014
BEWARE….Will turn you in to CPS!!
We went to Dr Whitney looking for answers on why our teenage son had stopped growing and was not gaining weight. He also had on- going gut issues. After reviewing his blood work from a previous doctor (that DR led us to believe IBD had been ruled out from the blood work) Whitney informed us our son had all the markings of IBD. This made sense as my son did have all the classic symptoms and the blood work (that was never shown to us from the previous dr) seemed to confirm this. Why the previous GI chose not to share the results of his blood work with us will always haunt us??? As it cost us several years of knowing what was wrong as he got sicker and sicker. Dr. Whitney wanted my son to do a colonoscopy to confirm. I asked how she would treat my son if she confirmed it was IBD. She rattled off several VERY toxic, dangerous drugs like Remicade. All the drugs were immune suppressing. We were not interested in this type of risky treatment and wanted to pursue other options and perhaps a second opinion. When we chose not to come back and do the colonoscopy with her she called CPS and turned us in. We had to go through a humiliating interview at our home in front of our teenage son about did we do drugs, how often did we consume alcohol, and had the police ever been called out to our home, etc. It was very stressful waiting for the "verdict" and put more stress on our family during an already difficult, sad time for us. Keep in mind Dr. Whitney's intent was to FORCE us to treat our son with TOXIC drugs because she was "concerned about him;" have you seen some of these nightmare stories in the news lately where dr.'s force their drugs on children against the parents wishes??? She wanted to get a judge via CPS to support her in this. I highly recommend you stay away from this doctor!!! By the way, today our teenage son is growing again, happy and healthy in college taking NO DRUGS!!! He had severe Crohn's but manages it with food (diet) and natural treatments. It has been a long road but he is recovering/healing from this dreadful illness with NO surgery and NO drugs…praise GOD.