Dr. Anoop Porwal MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Toms River, NJ

August 28th, 2016
Dr. Porwal has been a wonderful doctor to me. My life has been made a little easier because of him. He is very kind and understanding.

June 7th, 2016
Awful, experience just Awful

July 8th, 2015
Dr. Porwal takes time to really talk to you...unlike most doctors. He has such an upbeat personality. You can tell from your very first visit that he actually cares about you and your total health, and his staff is wonderful!!

June 22nd, 2015
RPT
First and Foremost, Dr. Porwal is Honest and to the point. He doesn't push you towards unnecessary procedures (As some Drs. do, likely for added income), and I've never felt rushed or ignored when I had questions or comments. I've seen several Drs. in similar practices, and he is the Best I've seen in 15 Years. He also has No objection to a patient seeking a 2nd opinion and he doesn't "Talk Down" to you. There have been times when I've had to wait perhaps 20-30 minutes past my scheduled appointment, But I've never been rushed or denied time with the Doctor either. I'd much rather wait a bit to be seen than to feel as if I'm just a "Billable patient" that should be processed as quickly as possible. In summation, I recommend Dr. Porwal more highly than any other in his field that I've seen since suffering a complex spinal injury. 5 stars from me.

May 20th, 2015
I have had 3 back surgeries 1994-1995-1996 and have been totally disabled ever since. I have been seen by several doctors through out the years and up until I started seeing Dr Porwal I have never met a more compassionate and understanding doctor in my life he truly cares about me and my pain he takes the time to really listen to me and not just stare at me like another dollar in his wallet he has given me back the ability to take care of my vey ill parents . I truly believe that all doctors could learn a great lesson on how to treat their patients from him. Thank you so much doctor Porwal.

May 31st, 2014
Anonymous For Now
This doctors office is a 3 ring circus. He can be very cruel and abusive to his patients. Then there is the embarrassment he creates by yelling and screaming like a little banshee. Besides the unprofessional whatever attitude he has, he has no problems taking phone calls or to start texting while in the middle of a conversation with a patient in the examination room. Then there is that little banshee arrogance that he thinks he's the king of the world as you sit in the waiting room up to 3 hours for his highness. It's so disturbing and unprofessional. Like nothing I've ever experienced with any other health care provider. His staff are simply yes people. Who I can only surmise are desperate for a job. They are completely unprofessional to the patients if they can get away with it. Especially the doctors whipping boy office clerk. He's simply put a drip. He's shady and deceitful. Overall I've been warned not to continue seeing him as a patient. He's completely unprofessional, immature, wicked, and cruel. He's unable to reason with and will hurt you. So if those are the qualities your looking for in a doctor, he's all yours. But don't say you weren't warned. He doesn't care about his patients only the money and he is NEVER to be trusted.

February 28th, 2014
patient
I came to Dr. Porwal about 3 years ago. I was having problems with the left side of my neck and back....I have several herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs in my neck and some other issues....Prior to seeing Dr. Porwal I had been seeing another Dr. whose name I will not mention, but this Dr. would only give me pills! I would tell this Dr. over and over again that I needed a higher level of care, maybe some injections, I did not have insurance at the time and asked if he would consider some type of payment plan? I was told that the injections are very expensive and it was out of the question...Each time I saw this Dr. I would tell him my pain level was not being controlled with just pills! Soon I began to look for another pain management Dr. I Have been seeing Dr. Porwal for about three years now, when I fist came to him, I did not have insurance, but, he was willing to give me, injections and work on a payment plan...this was a miracle for me because I could not find any other doctor that was willing to do this for me!!!! I wound up getting my insurance shortly after finding dr. porwal and did not have to make any payment arrangements, but my point is that he was willing to do this for me....My pain level has been kept under control since seeing him...This is a very compassionate dr. that cares greatly for his patients that are sincere!! If you are looking for a fly by nite dr. look elsewhere because this doctor will not help you!!! Now I am moving to Wisconsin and I am hoping that I can find a good pain management Dr. such as Dr. porwal as well :)

December 2nd, 2013
I have been seeing this doctor for pain management for past several years. This gentleman has helped me so much that it is beyond description. He is very fair and honest with his patients and he tries to make sure that his patients are using their pain medications appropriately. He does do random urine checks and pill counts to make sure that pain medications are being used appropriately. I have witnessed patients being discharged from the practice for being noncompliant with their pain management. Like a genuine doctor, he wants to help people manage their pain. He has no nonsense approach towards pain pill addiction, drug addiction, I will advise you to go to him only if you need genuine pain management and injections. If you are only seeking "pills " , he is not the right doctor for you.