Dr. Answorth Allen MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Fresh Meadows, NY

October 20th, 2016
Fantastic Surgeon
Gave my daughter an option that was not offer by another surgeon...with a much greater likelihood of success. Very pleased with his work. Not a big talker, and you have to ask the questions, but he is the best!

October 14th, 2016
Doesn't Push For Surgery
Dr. Allen is not a surgeon who pushes you to have surgery. I have seen him twice and neither time did he recommend surgery. Each problem resolved itself as he said it would, in one case using a brace. On top of this, he is personable and friendly.

March 20th, 2016
Staff is fantastic and dr Allen is incredible he did both shoulders bone spurs and a quad tendon repair

February 15th, 2016
Very nice man, but tries to hurry you out.

September 4th, 2015
Best ortho doctor
Spectacular doctor. He reconstructed my right shoulder and left knee. Both are as good as new. Best orthopedic surgeon, hands down.

March 4th, 2015
Fabulous care but seemed to fall through the cracks when it came to scheduling appointments by the office staff.

December 15th, 2013
great surgeon
Dr. Allen has operated on both my husband and my daughter and is an amazing surgeon! I have complete faith in him and would recommend him highly to anyone in need of a sports medicine surgeon.

May 14th, 2013
I would recommend this man any day of the week. He first operated on my 15 year old son with a torn ACL. Surgery and recovery is going great. Thanks to Dr. Allen, he will get back to hoops bigger and stronger than ever. Some 55 days later he operated on my 18 year old daughter who also tore her ACL, playing Lacrosse. As you could imagine how tough it was to see both kids suffer the same injury within a couple of month. Dr Allen showed great concern about what we were dealing with and performed another flawless surgery. I am so grateful to him and would recommend this Doctor to anyone dealing with Knee and Shoulder ailment.

March 8th, 2013
ACL Reconstruction
Dr. Allen is amazing , had my ACL REconstrution surgery yesterday at Hospital for Special surgery , I have not felt any pain at all yesterday or today. I used my own Patella Tendon Graft. So far I'm In good shape !! I defenitly recommend Dr.Allen.

October 19th, 2012
Exceptional Doctor
Dr. Allen is an excellent surgeon. I have had three surgeries on the same knee within a time period of 18 years. There needs to be improvement in regards to the office staff in regards to following up.

September 17th, 2012
Specializes in ACL repair and good knowlege of cricket
I saw Dr Allen in 2004 for my knee which required reconstruction of the ACL. I was apprehensive about the surgery, but Dr Allen was very reassuring and did an EXCELLENT job with the knee. He is also very sociable and actually called me once to discuss cricket as I have been a big fan of cricket and he knew some players from the West Indies. It was a great gesture from Dr Allen.I gave up Basketball, but took up Racquetball and have been playing 5 days a week for the last several years.Just today my other knee gave in, and I will be calling Dr Allen again though the drive from NJ is a not fun.Would definitely recommend Dr Allen.

July 17th, 2012
great doctor
Dr. Allen not only has a helpful and knowledgeable staff in manhattan to assist the patient with questions or appointments, but he also has a great staff in the queens office. Dr. Allen is a kind, calm, reassuring ,and extremely brilliant doctor in the field of shoulder and knee repair. Never a long wait to see him and he makes you feel like he has all the time in the world to help you find the right medical answer.