Dr. Anthony Alessi MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Norwich, CT

3.8

May 20th, 2013
Very Pleased
On May 20, 2013 I had my first appointment with Dr. Alessi. I was very impressed by the kind, empathetic, and professional way the receptionist Dawn took my personal information and treated me. I was very impressed by the same treatment I received from Diane the doctor assistant as well. I saw that they were very busy on this date, and running behind. They were apologetic and conducted themselves with efficiency as they treated the patients in their office on this date. When I met with Dr. Alessi he had a wonderful bedside manner, and gave me his undivided attention. I was nervous about a procedure that he was going to conduct on me. I had a bad experience with a prior doctor with this same procedure. He explained how they had made some adjustments with the device they were using so it would be less traumatic on patients. He was right the procedure was less than half as unpleasant as the first time it was done to me, and I understood why because Dr. Alessi and his staff had taken the time to explain it to me. They answered my questions, they encourage me, to continue the good things I was doing, and going to follow up on. It made me feel really good that this doctor and his staff are on my side. I am very grateful for his treatment.

April 10th, 2013
The Best! A++++
I traveled 2.5 hours to visit Dr. Alessi. I was NOT disappointed at all! His staff is super efficient and friendly. My appointment was on-time and they provided more than ample time for the examination. Dr. Alessi is caring, thorough, analytiical, informative, and direct with answers substantiated by fact. He formulates a plan for further treatment and problem solving. He makes you feel at ease and if you need an EMG this is the place to go! A terrific doctor with a special personality. Meeting him was a blessing!

December 27th, 2010
I had a strange problem with my hand and Dr Alessi took charge immediately. He personally arranged for me to get intensive PT with the right therapists while I was in the office, and even talked to us after office hours because I was apprehensive. There have been two follow-up calls so far, one of them a call to come in for an earlier appt. Dawn is courteous, kind, very knowledgeable as is the rest of the staff. Dr Alessi is compassionate and has a high degree of knowledge in his field. I had two different occasions and reasons to see him, and found him to be reassuring in both areas. No beating around the bush either. Right to the point but took his time until I had asked all the many questions I had about my afflictions.

October 8th, 2009
I was referred to Dr. Alessi by another doctor and was apprehensive about my visit. Everyone in the office was very professional and caring. Dr. Alessi listened carefully to my issue and was prompt in returning phone calls and scheduling follow-up. I would highly recommend him.

July 8th, 2009
Best Neurologist
I'm not sure what those other reviewers were talking about, they must have the wrong doctor. Dr. Alessi is always willing to spend extra time with his patients and explain everything that he is doing during the visit. Also, his office staff is courteous and caring as well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Alessi to anyone needing a neurologist!

July 7th, 2009
My experience with Dr. Alessi was wonderful his staff was courteous and caring. Dr. Alessi spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. I have recommended him to family and friends.

May 12th, 2009
HE IS RUDE ONLY SPEND A FEW MINUTES WITH YOU..HAS A DO NOT BOTHER ME ATTITUDE...DAWN THE RECEPTIONIST IS SNOTTY..HE DOES NOT ACT LIKE A DOCTORHE IS VERY ABRUPT AND CADDY. I WOULD NOT EVEN NLET MY DOG GO TO HIM...

January 9th, 2009
He is too good for us peons. Only takes sports injuries. Heshould put this in his advertisement and tell us so on his radio program.