Dr. Anthony Azzi MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

March 29th, 2011
Office staff inefficient and disorganized
Dr.Azzi is wonderful and have every confidence in him. However, his office staff and particularly nurse/office manager that has been there a long time (Linda?) is disorganzied. Her office is a mess, does not inspire confidence and calls are seldom returned. It's a shame that such a competent, caring doctor is not supported by good staff. I suspect because he is nice, they take advantage of this. He really needs to get a handle on the organization side of the practice. His staff needs intensive organizational and professionalism training.

February 10th, 2010
Poor follow-up
I have trouble getting feedback from Dr. Azzi. Sometimes I feel that he hasn't even looked at my file before he sends my lab results to me. I have to be VERY proactive to get the care that I need because I feel he is not looking out for me. He is friendly enough, but he never suggests follow-up other than labs every 6 months and then he changes my meds without any discussion. I have to call back if I want clarification so I can make an informed decision if that is the right choice for me or not.Originally, he spent a great deal of time with me and discussed options & I felt I had a say. Since that problem has been resolved, it's like I'm just a number now.I would like to find another endocrinologist, but the options are so limited here and so many focus almost exclusively on diabetes, that it is difficult to find one.

October 29th, 2009
Review of Dr. Azzi's treatment
I have been a patient of Dr. Azzi's since 1999 and I would not have it any other way. He is a wonderful knowledgeable doctor, who is attentive, he listens, he diagnosed illness quickly and appropriately, he prescribed treatment that has worked well as I am 10-year cancer survivor, not excessive in treatment plan but thorough and appropriate,and he has great bedside manner. Once I needed to know the results of a test, he gave me his personal cell phone number in order for me to call him over the Christmas holidays. I wish all doctors were like Dr. Azzi.

May 29th, 2016