Family Practitioner, Internists, Rheumatologist
11900 E 12 Mile Rd
Ste 300
Warren, MI 48093
586-751-7515
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jun 27th, 2014

I found him to be arrogant and dismissive. I came in with a paper listing out my symptoms and when I have them. When I handed it to him, he rolled his eyes. I should have just left then. But, he did a very obligatory type of exam - barely touching a few of my joints and saying that he didn't feel anything wrong with them. In a nutshell, he said we could run some blood tests if I really wanted to, but there's really nothing wrong that he can tell. I probably have chronic fatigue, so I should see my family doctor for that.

|  Horrible Service  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2013

I have been to see Dr. Baron 2 times. Both times I was treated poorly. First of all Dr. Baron was rude and did more talking than listening. He treated me as if I was incompetent. Instead of him hearing my issues he made assumptions. I told Dr. Baron that he is talking more than listening and he sarcastically said well let me be quiet and give you the floor. Still while I am talking he in interrupting so I decided to be quiet. From the first day of meeting Dr. Baron his ego was way too big. My first visit he never even examined me. He finally briefly examined me the second visit. He has very poor bedside manner. The lab staff was very rude to me. Dr. Baron ordered a lot of blood tests. The staff stood there debating who was going to draw my blood because no one wanted to have to draw that many vials. The young lady who eventually drew my blood complained the entire time that she was working with me. Then two of the staff members began to argue in front of patients. I told my husband that this office is totally out of order. The lab manager heard me and asked me what happened. I told her and she apologized and said she would handle it. I went to the front to check out and the lady literally ignored me as well as the rest of the front staff. A caucasian lady came up behind me and they took her instead of me. Then when I said hello I have been standing here waiting, the clerk rudely stated I see you. I will be with you when I am done with her. I said ma'am I was here before her. Her response oh well I did not know you needed help. I am standing her like wow are you serious? Another clerk came to the counter and asked what do you need? I told her I need to make my next appointment. She walked away as if I never said anything. By that time I feel enough is enough so I left. I am thinking maybe everyone is just having a bad day. I called back a day or so later to make a follow-up appointment. I figured maybe they all were having a bad day. But oh no it was the same even on the phone. Needless to say she never made my appointment. I went back to my doctor told him what happened and he said given them another shot if it still the same I will refer you else where. A month later I made another appointment to see Dr. Baron. During my second visit with Dr. Baron he stated that I was irresponsible because he told me he wanted to see me in 3 weeks and here it is 2 months later. He said I was irresponsible for not showing up for my 3 week appointment. I explained to Dr. Baron that they never gave me an appointment. I tried to tell him what happened but yet again I was over-talked. Then he said in his report that the patient claims no 3 week appointment was made. I asked him where do he see in my chart the appointment date and when was this appoint supposedly scheduled? He could not tell me. He then said maybe they forgot to document it. But it was my responsibility. Dr. Baron again over talked me. Now the Medical Assistant who placed me in the room and took my vitals were nice both times. Dr. Baron again treated me like I was incompetent. He ordered labs and this time I spoke to the lady who was going to draw my blood and she totally ignored me. I went to check out at the front desk. The first lady was very nice this time. The second lady at the appointment counter was very rude again. At the front counter they have a sign posted saying "I am Italian I cannot calm down". Really? I was making my appointment when she was rude again and began having a conversation with the staff member beside her making me wait longer. I finally got my appointment. Which was pointless because I am not going back there. I called back a few days later because my prescriptions were not sent to my pharmacy as they stated they would be. The lady who answered the phone was rude and stated to give them time they are very busy. I explained to her that the prescription was supposed to called in the day of my visit and here it is 4 days later. I have been calling them trying to find out what happened. I am completely out of my medications. I was told to call back and talk to I think her name is Cathy. I kept calling and the lady who kept answering the phone was still rude as ever and hung up on me when I asked to speak to the office manager. I still to this day have not talked to the office manager. I finally spoke to Cathy and I told her that I had been treated poorly and that I am considering calling an attorney because I do not deserve to be treated like this by the staff. She asked me why and I told her how I had been treated. I told her how the front staff had been treating me. I never mentioned to Cathy how I felt about how Dr. Baron treated me. I also explained to her how they gave me such a hard time just trying to reach her. Later on Dr. Baron called me and he was rude and told me that he was discharging me from his practice because I threatened to sue him. And that he do not appreciate threats because he treats all of his patients with respect and fairness. I explained that I told Cathy that I was going to get an attorney because I felt that I was discriminated against and treated poorly by the front desk staff. Cathy told Dr. Baron that I said I was going to sue him because he had not called me back about my Prescriptions and that was not true. I told her that I will be waiting on a call back from someone regarding my complaint with the front desk staff not about the Prescriptions. But Dr. Baron was insistent that Cathy was right. Then I explained to him how he made me feel and he said that is not what he did that he took time with me and listened to me. I refused to argue with him. I told him how his front staff treated me and he said he cannot see that and maybe I misunderstood them. That they have strong personalities. He then said he will look into it. I explained to him that I had decided that I was no longer going to come back to his office that I feel that it is a racial issue because I see how others are treated with kindness and respect but I am treated like I am nothing. He said he do not know why I feel like that but he is sorry I feel that way but he know it is not a racial issue. That is just the way the girls are up front. My thoughts again were "Really?" His staff failed to submit my prescriptions on time, then his staff treated me poorly. And nothing was done about it. Dr. Baron's ego is way bigger than his degree and experience. And he talks to people as if they are little children. I am an educated woman and even if I was not educated, I still deserve to be treated with respect & dignity. I will never refer this doctor to anyone. It is bad enough that I am dealing with cancer, lupus, fibromyalgia, diabetes and other health issues. And to be treated unfairly is highly unacceptable. I told my referring doctor about it and he has referred me to another doctor.

|  Horrible and uncaring doctor  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

I have an undiagnosed auto-immune disease with many multiple physical symptoms, including rashes, lesions, pains, fatigue and the list goes on. Dr. Baron said I had fibromyalgia but when asked about the obvious physical symptoms he ignored my symptoms. He repeatedly ignored the symptoms that pointed to a disease other than fibro and told me it wasn't his job to figure it out, that I should go to my family doctor. He was rude, cold and uncaring about anything that was happening to me. Do not go to this doctor, he repeatedly ignores symptoms that do not fit within the diagnosis he wants to make.