Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Ferrell-Duncan Clinic
960 E Walnut Lawn St
Ste 102
Springfield, MO 65807
417-875-3600
Locations and availability (2)

|  Thyroidectomy  |  show details
by Kim Gremminger on Jun 15th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr Bentley. I was hesitant to have a complete thyroidectomy due to having cancer. Dr Bentley spent a lot of time answering our questions. I felt like I had a good understanding of what he was going to do and what I should expect after surgery. When my pathology reports arrived the day before my next appt with him he had his nurse call me to tell the results. I really appreciated this. He is a gentle, patient, kind and thorough doctor. I hope if you ever need this type of doctor that you would be fortunate enough to have Dr Bentley as as your doctor.

|  Dr Anthony Bentley Not a Sleep Doctor as advertised  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

I made an appt to see Dr Anthony Bentley for Insomnia. He advertises that he is certified in Sleep Medicine. After only 2 -3 minutes with the doctor, he said he wanted to refer me to another doctor. I questioned him why he would refer me, when he is supposed to be a Sleep Specialist. This seemed to agitate him. He prescribed me 400 mg Carbamazepine XR 2 x per day take Ambien in the evening. I took it that evening with Ambien and again the next morning, was so dizzy that I couldn't hardly stand up. The website for Carbamazepine recommended not taking more than 200mg and not to take any sleeping pills with it. I talked to his Nurse that afternoon and told her my problems, and concerns, she said I should continue to take as prescribed. Took it again that evening w/o Ambien, didn't sleep either night and felt so bad the next morning that I haven't taken any since. He was supposed to call me back the next day, but never did. I am considering a Malpractice suit against him. I believe he intentionally prescribed a medication that he knew would be harmful to me. Would not recommend him to anyone

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

Dr. Bentley was worth the wait. I came in with my wife for what I thought was going to be routine ...antibiotic for sore throat would be it. He was down to earth asked me questions that I could understand. I went there for a sore throat , but twas asked questions about my heart. Come to find out I was in the middle of a fibulation of my heart . He was very calm the entire time he and his staff stayed with me until cardiology team came. I feel grateful for being alive and to think that an ENT doc diagnosed a heart condition. He even came by to visiit me in the hospital.