Dr. Anthony Caputy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anthony Caputy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2017

Arrogant.

I cannot believe how this Dr. madede my husband feel today. He obviously does not embrace the manta, first, do not harm...mentally as well as physically. What an arrogant man. My husband did not choose him to do the surgery, and expressed regret early in the meeting. Dr Caputy smirked the entire 10 minutes he was in the room. There are many less arrogant/knowledgeable doctors in DC who are not so old that they cannot embrace issues like Cipro toxicity as a cause for neuropathy.

June 11th, 2016

Patient

Dr. Caputy is a genious. He & Dr.Rizzoli have made my quality of life so much better than it ever would been. I thank God every day for being fortunate enough to have had Dr. Caputy when l needed him. And his staff was wonderful also.

April 27th, 2016

Dr. Caputy is an excellent Doctor and Neurosurgeon. He is brilliant and exceptionally talented in his field.

July 27th, 2015

Excellent communication. Exceptional staff.

June 13th, 2014

Will never go back

His resident has no personality, very clinical. I hope he learns that this is NOT the way to treat patients. Dr. Caputy has a terrible bedside manner, no compassion, no explanations for his recommendations. Acted like it was a bother to have to see a patient. I would never go back and am sorry I didn't pay attention to the other reviews. The other problem is that he doesn't listen at all. Very arrogant!

November 29th, 2013

Bedside manner?

Although very highly recommended, the passion for healing is difficult to experience.

August 15th, 2013

I agree with some of the others on here. He knows what he is doing when it comes to brain surgery. He has very poor bedside manors and talking with a patient, and showing empathy and compassion. I saw a neurologist and then occasionally him prior to my surgery. Did the surgery, then saw him after post-op then the neurologist I regularly saw. there was times when I saw him pre surgery and he was very unpatient friendly. If it wasnt for Dr Potollicchio (neurologist) I would have serious reservations on having him as my surgeon. I saw him a few times before my surgery. He was very aloof when I saw him. The day of my surgery when I was in the pre-op I saw this different person---in a good way---it was weird.

August 8th, 2013

Find yourself another neurosurgeon

Dr. Caputy may or may not be a good clinician; however, he has AWFUL interpersonal skills -- he is arrogant and I venture to say that dust emanates from his mouth if he ever dares to smile. He spent less than five minutes with me after which he offered up a diagnosis that even to a layman strained credulity.

July 27th, 2011

Extraordinary Surgeon

Dr. Caputy saved my life. I was very impressed with his honesty. Dr. Caputy is not a man of many words, however he is very professional and knowlegable in his field of neurology & neurosurgery. No words can express my gratitude to this amazing doctor. Dr. Caputy has performed 2 crainiotomies for cancerous ependymoma tumors and a 3rd surgery on my lower spine for ependymoma tumors as well. I believe in him so much that I have referred other brain tumor patients to him. I have never had a problem with scheduling appointments. Dr. Caputy's staff has workerd with me on scheduling appointments as I live out of the DC area. He is my Guardian Angel!!!

December 31st, 2010

As a patient of Dr Caputy, I feel that he is an excellent surgeon. I had a right-temporal lobectomy. After having seizures for almost 39 years, I am seizure-free for 471 days!!! I was on 4 medications and I am only on one, now. I will start reducing that next year.

September 3rd, 2009

DR CAPUTY OUTSTANDING SURGEON

SURGEON IS AN EXCELLENT OUT STANDING PERSON IN HIS PROFESSION MANNERS AND EXPLANNING ABOUT DISEASE OUTSTANDING BUT HE HAS VERY BAD OFFICE STAFF WHO HAS NO MANNERS IRRESPECTIVE HOW YOUR PAIN IS THEY DO NOT CARE, WORTHLESS PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH.

August 16th, 2009

Dr. Caputy only took 5 minutes with me. His bedside manner was horrible and he made me feel terrible. I was shocked by the visit.