Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

2.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
If you love yourself, DO NOT see this doctor! show details If you love yourself, DO NOT see this doctor!
Mar 9th, 2015

There's not enough room to write a full review to describe my experience with Dr. Clavo. I will agree with ALL of the reviews below...every experience listed is a true vision of every visit I've had in the last 6 months. Dr. Clavo is famous for 4-5 hr wait for medicine and procedure appt. or he doesn't report to the office at all. You'll only see him if you're getting a procedure in which he doesn't introduce himself, the staff, or even verify what you're getting done! He treats his staff like slaves...he talks to them like dogs and blames them for his issues and last week I was there for 8 hrs and no one had a break or lunch! I personally bought the staff lunch because I felt so bad for them, but I'm the patient! The office is never properly staffed, the PA walked out, he closes for days at a time without notifying patients, he never asks if the treatment plan is working, and there is no concern for the quality of life for the patient. NO ONE EVER CALLS TO REMIND OF VISIT OR CHECK ON U AFTER PROCEDURE!!! And I thought that an onsite pharmacy was a bonus especially with all of the FDA changes...what a joke! His wife is the pharmacist and she's just as absent as he is! Last month, they both were out but the PA continued to see patients. I saw the PA on a Monday, which was the 30 day mark for Rx, but every patient had to wait til Thurs for Dr Clavo to sign. They told us he would be there by noon, of course he didn't show up til 3 & his wife never came! So I went 4 days without meds. There was no concern or no apology. I'm always sedated for the type of nerve blocks I receive, but during the last procedure, I told Dr Clavo I was still awake & could feel everything and he said "oh well" so I'm not even confident that he did the correct block! Now I'm supposed to be schd for the neurostimulator, but I've lost all confidence in this doctor, the staff, and the process. Today, I called my insurance co to see if I can go to another doctor since they've already approved the procedure. Guess what? This office hasn't even filed the freaking claim and we've been working on this since Jan! I feel so betrayed and this level of stress has completely agitated my condition. I now have to do what's best for me & my caregivers...start over with a new physican. Again I say if you love yourself DO NOT see this doctor!

Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Clavo violates his oath "not to hurt". Putting a patient under the unprofessional conditions that he does, hurts the patient. Nobody will return your call, it's almost impossible to reach them.and the employee turn over is unheard of. I am considering reporting him to the medical board because of the way my mother was treated there.

upset patient show details upset patient
Mar 18th, 2014

The computers were down on Monday, and the scripts are printed up on the computer. and then after I had already been seen along with many other patients, the doc just left. Understandably when your mom is fallen ill you leave, BUT you cannot forget your patients, especially when you have your patients on scheduled narcotics that only you can sign and cannot be called in. So in place of methadone or morphine or oxycontin, all they can call in are lortabs? Exactly how is that going to fight off any withdrawals and they called in 4 tabs a day. How does that help when you are on 100mg of methadone daily? I have always been fond of Dr Clavo, He is not a bad dr, however the wait time is the worst, And unfortunately being addicted to pain meds is also the worst, and anyone that has taken narcotic pain meds everyday for a month, they become physically addicted to it, whether they have an addictive personality or not.

"Helpful Doc" show details "Helpful Doc"
by Cindy L. on Jan 3rd, 2014

I like Dr. Clavo. He has always been nothing but the utmost respectful and sweet to me. If I have any question(s) whatsoever, he will answer it/them. If I have a problem with something (procedure, IV delivery point, medicines, etc., I immediately let him know and he directs his attention to that issue. My philosophy is that this is my body and if I do not speak up, who is going to? I think the problem is that most of his patients are simply afraid of him! Thanks Dr. Clavo for making me feel better!

Dec 5th, 2013

Wow!! I thought I was the only one that saw the real dr clavo.. I had been requesting a medication change for 3 months and his staff would not schedule the appointment without his approval and on my last vist me and the dr got into an argument right outside the room, an experience I hope to never have to go through again. ...Also during my time there as a patient two dr suddenly left and they both were good drs

STAY away from this QUACK!! show details STAY away from this QUACK!!
by Current Patient on Nov 11th, 2013

He is EVIL and unprofessional. He let a patient off the table during a procedure because he was not paying attention! He does not have the needed staff to run the procedure area, so everyone's safety is at RISK. He has run off a really good male PAs and female PA. But once you meet him, you will understand why no one wants to work with him. Consults are never with him even though, I have requested at least three since I have been going there. He schedules procedures that are not necessary, even if you are no longer complaining of that pain. He is terrible to his staff and patients, and is purely a MONEY HUNGER BASTARD that believes he is GOD. DO NOT GO TO HIM. Unless, you want to be an addict and broke. I feel so for Ms. Lynn, I could not be married to such a man

Sep 24th, 2013

Very friendly doctor but nothing but a pill pusher who milks your insurance company. His PA alerted me that I was not taking control substance and that I should stop him from doing in-house urine screens. Later I received and 3,000.00 bill from a lab for comprehensive drug testing when I was not taking controlled substance. He performed 2 neuroblocks with the second block I was overdosed and bruised. His staff has abandoned him several times because of his poor medical ethics.

by If You Care For Your Health on Aug 8th, 2013

He is inconsiderate to his patient,great staff now...bless there hearts. How long will they be there. He is dangerous to his patients. No lie yet about the wait time. Yes he will leave his patients on the table while he have a have a fit, or eat lunch with no care in the world. yes he will hold your prescriptions when you he cancel an appointments because he ups and goes out of town, or if your not able to pay for all the back to back procedures you can't afford to pay for in one month. Who schedule 4 or 5 procedures a month. And this is a caring doctor, all about the money.

Very bad doctor show details Very bad doctor
Jul 29th, 2013

If you are going here expect a long wait time,as much as 4 hours total .He has no bedside manner if you see him at all.The staff is different from month to month.He thinks he is God.Will give you whatever pills you want,evident of just a pill pushing addict specialist.Dispenses from "his own pharmacy",if you could call it that.Takes one pharmacist hours to count out your pills and you never get the right amount.Stay away if you are smart and REALLY need help.But if you just need pills,go here.

Jul 3rd, 2012

left with no insurance paying out of pocket walked in one day tole i had to pay an extra 100 to get my meds was a patient for a long time will never go back just cares about the money not getting to the root of the problem very upset

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Use someone else show details Use someone else
Feb 26th, 2012

Not very personableStaff is rude and incompetentGo somewhere else

sorry hes not gHE THINKS HES GODod show details sorry hes not gHE THINKS HES GODod
Dec 6th, 2011

he thinks hes god biggest mistack i mad was going to him he needs helP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Oct 28th, 2011

wait time more than 3 hours

Dec 13th, 2010

bad

Nov 18th, 2010

I was a patient of Dr Clavo for a long time, but ultimately I could no longer put up with having to deal with a whole new staff every month. The icing on the cake for me was when I found out that Dr. Clavo knew he'd sent me to a qack of a Neurosurgeon and did nothing to correct it. I ended up finding a more qualified Neurosurgeon and fired Dr. Clavo.

Mar 6th, 2010

do not see

Just a Drug Dealing Doctor Zero Education in how to actually be a DOCTOR. show details Just a Drug Dealing Doctor Zero Education in how to actually be a DOCTOR.
by Newnan on Sep 7th, 2008

Dr.Clavo deals out high doses of Oxycontin,Oxycodone,sleeping pills,antidepressants,muscle relaxers,TO THE SAME PATIENT!!.. KNOWING his patient is an ADDICT! Dr. Anthony Clavo is just a Street Drug Dealer with a license. He has zero concern for his patients just their money and how much he can make off the drug companies! He never INSISTS on surgery to heal anything broken. He just hands out narcotics to keep the PATIENTS ailment hurting as long as it takes until his gig of selling drugs is up! Times up!

Best in town show details Best in town
by JohnGio on Nov 22nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Clavo is tops in his field. He treats members of my own family and many of the chronic patients from my chiropractic practice. If you need pain management - he is THE guy.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Excellent Pain Specialist show details Excellent Pain Specialist
by genlady on Sep 15th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Clavo is excellent at providing pain relief care through many different modalities. He takes time with his patients and listens to them.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com