Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

2.0

Spine doctor in Conyers show details Spine doctor in Conyers
by Dave T on Jul 25th, 2016

I've had great experiences with Dr Clavo's office. the staff was very attentive and my wait time was minimal. Dr Clavo treated me for a lower back problem and I've been seeing him for my issues ever since. He's very professional and a great doctor! hard to find these days....

Feb 8th, 2016

Doctor Anthony T Clavo Really cares about his patients. He spends time per every visit finding a treatment that's just right for me. I personally appreciate that about him because one treatment doesn't fit all.

Jan 12th, 2016

I like the doctor however I am not pleased with the wait time as it can be a ridiculous sometimes 2-3 hour wait time just in the waiting room alone. Afterwards isn't as bad of a wait up to 30-45 minutes. But Dr Clavo is a nice man with good bedside manner and accurate diagnoses. His staff could be better especially the scheduling issues.

Nov 9th, 2015

he's very unprofessional. i understand he's executor of his mom's possessions & have stolen most of the items from his siblings. it's almost 2 years & his disabled sister who took care of his mom who lost her son a year earlier is on her own without any support. he kept her stuff that was in a will & refuse to give it to her. she babysat his kids for free over the years while he spends his time ignoring & stealing from her & his other siblings.

Oct 1st, 2015

Plan on waiting all day

Sep 23rd, 2015

If you have an appointment you still have to sit in his office 4-5 hours. He is very unorganized and bud staff. Also he is very money hungry. He doesn't care if you are on a fix income he makes you have a procedure every month so you have to pay copays which are high. Then he makes you come 1 time a month to have his practitioner see you then you have to come a 2nd time to get your prescription.

Blessing to me show details Blessing to me
by Pam s on Sep 18th, 2015

Dr Clavo very greatfil this man was suffering before saw him he is good Dr like to tell you this man does care about human suffering he very gentle spirit man don't miss ur appt he is a good man I assume saved man he cares if u walk he cares if you are in pain Privaletly say prayer this man he is blessing

Go to the next Dr on your list forget this office! show details Go to the next Dr on your list forget this office!
by T pulliam on Sep 8th, 2015

The Conyers office is horrible! It's like a drug clinic with rude staff and patients that tolerate the office because they have no choice. We have a choice and we will not be coming back

If you love yourself, DO NOT see this doctor! show details If you love yourself, DO NOT see this doctor!
Mar 9th, 2015

There's not enough room to write a full review to describe my experience with Dr. Clavo. I will agree with ALL of the reviews below...every experience listed is a true vision of every visit I've had in the last 6 months. Dr. Clavo is famous for 4-5 hr wait for medicine and procedure appt. or he doesn't report to the office at all. You'll only see him if you're getting a procedure in which he doesn't introduce himself, the staff, or even verify what you're getting done! He treats his staff like slaves...he talks to them like dogs and blames them for his issues and last week I was there for 8 hrs and no one had a break or lunch! I personally bought the staff lunch because I felt so bad for them, but I'm the patient! The office is never properly staffed, the PA walked out, he closes for days at a time without notifying patients, he never asks if the treatment plan is working, and there is no concern for the quality of life for the patient. NO ONE EVER CALLS TO REMIND OF VISIT OR CHECK ON U AFTER PROCEDURE!!! And I thought that an onsite pharmacy was a bonus especially with all of the FDA changes...what a joke! His wife is the pharmacist and she's just as absent as he is! Last month, they both were out but the PA continued to see patients. I saw the PA on a Monday, which was the 30 day mark for Rx, but every patient had to wait til Thurs for Dr Clavo to sign. They told us he would be there by noon, of course he didn't show up til 3 & his wife never came! So I went 4 days without meds. There was no concern or no apology. I'm always sedated for the type of nerve blocks I receive, but during the last procedure, I told Dr Clavo I was still awake & could feel everything and he said "oh well" so I'm not even confident that he did the correct block! Now I'm supposed to be schd for the neurostimulator, but I've lost all confidence in this doctor, the staff, and the process. Today, I called my insurance co to see if I can go to another doctor since they've already approved the procedure. Guess what? This office hasn't even filed the freaking claim and we've been working on this since Jan! I feel so betrayed and this level of stress has completely agitated my condition. I now have to do what's best for me & my caregivers...start over with a new physican. Again I say if you love yourself DO NOT see this doctor!

Apr 22nd, 2014

Dr. Clavo violates his oath "not to hurt". Putting a patient under the unprofessional conditions that he does, hurts the patient. Nobody will return your call, it's almost impossible to reach them.and the employee turn over is unheard of. I am considering reporting him to the medical board because of the way my mother was treated there.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
upset patient show details upset patient
Mar 18th, 2014

The computers were down on Monday, and the scripts are printed up on the computer. and then after I had already been seen along with many other patients, the doc just left. Understandably when your mom is fallen ill you leave, BUT you cannot forget your patients, especially when you have your patients on scheduled narcotics that only you can sign and cannot be called in. So in place of methadone or morphine or oxycontin, all they can call in are lortabs? Exactly how is that going to fight off any withdrawals and they called in 4 tabs a day. How does that help when you are on 100mg of methadone daily? I have always been fond of Dr Clavo, He is not a bad dr, however the wait time is the worst, And unfortunately being addicted to pain meds is also the worst, and anyone that has taken narcotic pain meds everyday for a month, they become physically addicted to it, whether they have an addictive personality or not.

"Helpful Doc" show details "Helpful Doc"
by Cindy L. on Jan 3rd, 2014

I like Dr. Clavo. He has always been nothing but the utmost respectful and sweet to me. If I have any question(s) whatsoever, he will answer it/them. If I have a problem with something (procedure, IV delivery point, medicines, etc., I immediately let him know and he directs his attention to that issue. My philosophy is that this is my body and if I do not speak up, who is going to? I think the problem is that most of his patients are simply afraid of him! Thanks Dr. Clavo for making me feel better!

Dec 5th, 2013

Wow!! I thought I was the only one that saw the real dr clavo.. I had been requesting a medication change for 3 months and his staff would not schedule the appointment without his approval and on my last vist me and the dr got into an argument right outside the room, an experience I hope to never have to go through again. ...Also during my time there as a patient two dr suddenly left and they both were good drs

by If You Care For Your Health on Aug 8th, 2013

He is inconsiderate to his patient,great staff now...bless there hearts. How long will they be there. He is dangerous to his patients. No lie yet about the wait time. Yes he will leave his patients on the table while he have a have a fit, or eat lunch with no care in the world. yes he will hold your prescriptions when you he cancel an appointments because he ups and goes out of town, or if your not able to pay for all the back to back procedures you can't afford to pay for in one month. Who schedule 4 or 5 procedures a month. And this is a caring doctor, all about the money.

Jul 3rd, 2012

left with no insurance paying out of pocket walked in one day tole i had to pay an extra 100 to get my meds was a patient for a long time will never go back just cares about the money not getting to the root of the problem very upset

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Use someone else show details Use someone else
Feb 26th, 2012

Not very personableStaff is rude and incompetentGo somewhere else

sorry hes not gHE THINKS HES GODod show details sorry hes not gHE THINKS HES GODod
Dec 6th, 2011

he thinks hes god biggest mistack i mad was going to him he needs helP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Oct 28th, 2011

wait time more than 3 hours

Dec 13th, 2010

bad

Nov 18th, 2010

I was a patient of Dr Clavo for a long time, but ultimately I could no longer put up with having to deal with a whole new staff every month. The icing on the cake for me was when I found out that Dr. Clavo knew he'd sent me to a qack of a Neurosurgeon and did nothing to correct it. I ended up finding a more qualified Neurosurgeon and fired Dr. Clavo.

Mar 6th, 2010