Dr. Anthony Cucuzzella MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 1st, 2015
Go to him if you need an accurate diagnosis
Love him- he is the FIRST doctor to accurately diagnose my back pain, and that is after going to the Rothman Institute, Johns Hopkins and Upenn! He has a nice, calm bedside manner, as well.

July 13th, 2014
Dr is boastful as a bragard. Dr treats patient as third class. Dr isn't knowlegble in his profession

May 26th, 2014
VERY DISAPPOINTED - FAILED TO GIVE PROPER INFORMED CONSENT
I received an epidural steroid injection (ESI) from Dr Cucuzzella. After the procedure I have now learned that the drug that Dr Cucuzzella used for the ESI (KENALOG-40) is NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR EPIDURAL ADMINISTRATION. Dr Cucuzzella never informed me that he was injecting a drug into me on an off-label basis. Had I been properly and legally informed that the drug injected into me was NOT APPROVED by the FDA for epidural administration, I would have refused the injection. The package insert for KENALOG-40 from the Bristol-Myers Squibb website clearly states at the very top "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE". Why is a drug being injected into people epiduraly when the package insert clearly states "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE"? At minimum, informed consent should be obtained from each patient. This is something that I never received. I have also learned that ESIs are extremely dangerous. Several people have even died from ESIs. Arachnoiditis is also another very serious complication that may result from ESIs. I was never informed of any of these potentially very serious complications from ESIs. I would not recommend Dr Cucuzzella for any kind of invasive procedure due to his failure to give proper and legally required informed consent. For narcotic pain relievers he is probably OK.