A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anthony Distefano:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Anthony Distefano is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anthony Distefano, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Oncology / Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Distefano graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Distefano has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Rockville General Hospital
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Distefano accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Anthem - 17 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans