Anthony J Fava, MD

Video profile
1425 Greenbrier Dear Rd
Anniston, AL 36207
256-832-4051
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  malaena73  |  show details
by Melanie on Sep 10th, 2013

Dr. Fava is the rudest doctor I have EVER met! I was helping a friend that knew little English. After Dr. Fava asked her a few questions, I tried to explain some more detailed information due to the fact that my friend only has a 2nd grade education in her country and does not understand much English. She is also very intimidated my men in general due to extensive physical abuse from a man. Dr. Fava snidely yelled "Can you let her speak for herself please?!" I said very calmly.... "Yes, but you don't have to be so rude? Do you?" Dr Fava said ... " Oh? You don't like it?" I responded with ... "well... no, of course not" Dr. Fava then said ... well, THEN YOU CAN GET THE HE'LL OUT! He then said he,would refuse medical attention for my VERY SICK friend unless I left the room. Very illegal by the way. I left the room and informed his staff. They offered no apology, nothing .... This tells me this must be an everyday occurrence. One staff member acted as though she was terrified to say anything , the big fat office manager tried to make it seem as though it was our fault even though she was not even in the room when he yelled at me. There was only one gal that was actually honest and the office manager yelled at her to be quiet. All the while the honest gal was mouthing "I'm sorry" when she caught my attention. DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE! He is a horrible person and all of his staff. Except one person are either too scared to say anything, or so far up his butt that they can't seem to pull themselves out.

|  Completely unprofessional  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2013

I visited Dr. Fava's office yesterday morning. I was the second patient to sign in. I was called to the back about 15 minutes after signing in but spent almost an hour in a room waiting on Dr. Fava. When he came in my phone beeped and I looked down at it. Dr. Fava stated that he would come back when I put my phone down. He got up, walked out, and slammed the door behind him. Dr. Fava did not give me the opportunity to tell him that even though I was not in uniform that I was waiting to her back from my command in refer to a soldier that has some serious issues. However, regardless of way I looked at my phone Dr. Fava just storming out of the room was completely unprofessional. I contacted TriCare and changed my medical provider because I believe that every people desire respect and I was not given that at Dr. Fava's office. I would not recommend him to another soldier and I have made a formal complaint against him for behavior unbecoming of a professional.

|  About time I found a decent Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

Dr. Fava is the primary doctor for my sons. One son is ADHD and the other has weight issues with high blood pressure.When ever I contact the office for an appointment, follow up or referral the staff is AMAZING! Every one is very easy to talk to and remembers me and my children and what is going on with them. They listen to my concerns and make note of everything.While in the waiting room I (and none of the other patients) have to wait very long. Before we know it we are brought back. And soon there after Dr. Fava comes in and begins his examination. I LOVE the fact that his first options are not to give the kids a pill of some such but to actually take the time to hear them out and to hear me out on what is going on with them. And he gives us options. I like the fact that Dr. Fava is very straightforward, and doesn't use constant chit chat to where I lose track of what I need him to know. Too many Dr's don't really care and will quickly write a scrip to get you gone. Not Dr. Fava! Finally! A doctor that knows you DON'T give an antibiotic for a cold! That only makes the parent feel better and not the kid.... The best part is that my kids are comfortable with him too! Often they will tell him before me of other symptoms... that in my book is also a very good thing!

|  WONDERFUL!!!  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

DR. FAVA AND HIS STAFF ARE WONDERFUL TO ME AND MY FAMILY! I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH DR. FAVA NOR HIS STAFF AT ALL! I THINK HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DR. FAVA!!!

|  Tammy hill  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

He is a wonderful doctor. And told me good advice to keep my health problems under control.

|  Very Gracious and helpful.  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

I took my teenage son to see Dr. Fava for a upper repsiratory infection. It was able to get an appointment that afternoon. The staff was very kind to us. They could tell my son didn't feel well and took him back right away so he could lay down in the examining room. Dr. Fava saw us quickly and gave us a Rx and an injection. My son was feeling much better by bed time. It was a positive experience.

|  show details
Sep 9th, 2011

Worst Doctor: Dr Fava is rude, unprofessional, misdiagnosed illness completely and had the worst bedside manner. I would avoid him and his practice at all cost.

|  Very Good Physician  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

Dr. Fava has taken care of me for over 5 years, treating my Hypertension and other illness that may happen. He has always listened to what i said was happening and took time to explain things to me. I would have no problem sending friends or family to see him.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2011

Dr. Fava is an extremely knowledgeable doctor who treats patients thoroughly and respectfully. He has treated my entire family for years and we wouldn't go anywhere else for our medical care! My children love the nurses and the office staff has always gone above and beyond. If you are looking for a physician, I would strongly recommend Dr. Fava. He gives exceptional care and works hard to ensure his patients get the best medical care possible.

|  Really Good Physician  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

Dr. Fava has treated me for high blood pressure, diabetes and other ailments for over 30 years. His prudent counsel and sincere interest in my health has always been highly evident in his dealings with me.

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR!! TOP NOTCH!!!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

THE ONLY COMMENTS THAT WERE LEFT FOR DR. FAVA, WERE NOT FROM REAL PATIENTS. WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A REAL PATIENT? A REAL PATIENT IS WHEN YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR, TO FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, AND NOT TO SEEK OUT DRUGS FOR YOUR NASTY HABIT. IT SICKENS ME, THAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT ABOUT A GREAT DOCTOR BUT IF SOMEONE TRUTHFUL WAS THE SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT A DRUG SEEKING NASTY KIND OF PERSON, THEN HEAVEN FOR BID THAT PERSON WAS TO GET IN TROUBLE. BUT ANYWAYS, DR. FAVA IS A GREAT DOCTOR AND HAS TREATED ME FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS. AND I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD A PROBLEM OUT OF HIM. MAYBE THE PEOPLE THAT LEFT THESE COMMENTS ABOUT THEM, WERE DRUG SEEKING NASTY PEOPLE. I HOPE YA'LL HAVE A GOOD DAY.

|  Worst Dr..., Doctor? LOL!!! I have EVER been to  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2011

I went for an exam. I brought ALL my medical records, MRI's, CAT scans, X-Rays, reports from other "Real Doctors".I told him I have all records with me, he said he did not need to see them.My back is broken in 4 places. Unless he is Superman and has X-Ray vision, HOW could he do an examination?Truth, HE CAN NOT!!He had me lift my shirt up, looked and that was it. He never even reported the high blood pressure which was 180 over "something" (I do not remember the bottom number).This guy is rude, crude and would NEVER use him as a doctor. You would be better off with anyone walking down the street for help, at least they know their limitations. this was a real experience. I did not know people like this help a medical license. Beware and avoid at all costs.

Doctor's Response

Unfortunately, this sounds like a typical case of a patient with chronic pain seeking narcotic drugs; in these cases I do not review any records a patient brings me directly but I do request any pertinent records from their previous physicians in order to make a sound medical decision as to whether or not a narcotic analgesic is indicated. In regard to the high blood pressure, if this was the patient's first visit (I have no way of knowing, since this patient chose to remain ANONYMOUS), an initially high reading is not uncommon with an anxious patient or on a patient's first visit. Treatment is usually reserved for a follow-up visit in order to verify that the patient indeed has consistently high blood pressure. It has been my experience that a lot of patients who are here for their first visit with me and who want a specific narcotic drug for their pain will invariably react in the manner described by the patient above if they do not receive a prescription from me for Lorcet or Oxycontin immediately.

|  HE IS NOT A DOCTOR  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

dr Fava had me on oxycontin for ap yeari stoped taking them so he put me onvicodin,five times a day 150 month,then out of the blue he said that he wasgoing to change my medication.he wrote mea prescription that was not covered by myinsurance.i had to go back to his officehis nurse said that he had the paper ofwhat is covered.he wrote me anotherprescription and it was not covered.by then it was late he has left theoffice.his secretary told me to go tothe hospital and get a shot for whithdrawal,till i can get back to hisoffice on monday. NO THANK YOU DOCTOR FAVA YOU ARE FIRED D M W

|  show details
Aug 9th, 2010

Dr Fava either needs to retire or take a very long course on patient care and more so caring, professional bedside manners. He was very unprofessional in answering medical questions, arrogant bedside manner, and lack of follow-up.

|  ALMOST THE WORSE DOCTOR i EVER HAD  |  show details
by Barbara Eubanks on Jun 30th, 2010

I have NEVER been treated by a doctor like I was treated by Dr.Fava.He is a VERY grouchy person,he act's like he had rather be anywhere else than that office with you.My over all experieenc is I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.After just one visit I am terrofied to go back,I don't know what h might do.I dislike him tremendelously.I honestly believe if he wanted to run test and you said no I blieve he would lie just so he could do them.He was so hateful talking. He would ask me questions about my other doctors and before I could answer he was off on another subject.I really don't think he needs to treat people.I think he is just there for the money, I don't think he cares anything about his patients.