Neurological Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Manhattan Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System
423 E 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
212-686-7500
Locations and availability (2)

|  A Gentleman and a Doctor  |  show details
by Karen H on Jul 17th, 2013

Dr. Frempong is a wonderful and brilliant physician, as well as a kind man. Highly recommend him!!!

|  Tanya Sherman is rude, insensitive and should not be interacting with patients  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

At least one member of Dr Frempong's staff is so poorly trained for patient interaction that if he didn't have such a good reputation he would have no practice. It is very sad that individuals like Ms Tanya Sherman are permitted to be the first to interact with perspective patients who call in pain and need of help. Her lack of common courtesy and any sympathy and helpfulness is a sorry reflection on the quality of overall patient care provided by this practice. Because of my interaction with her (and I am a biomedical professional) I have chosen to consult with another top surgeon) Dr. Frempong is not the only good spinal surgeon in NYC. He needs to better train his staff who interact with patients. It is important and reflects on him and the kind of care one expects to receive.

|  Spinal surgery 100% successful!!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Great "bedside manner" - Competent, competent, competent!!Complete relief from pain due to spinal stenosis and herniated disc on L4/L5. Prior physical therapy worthless as well as epidural steroid injections.

|  show details
May 9th, 2012

my mom was 80 yrs old when she had the cervical surgery. i was never so confident in a doctor. dr frempong answered all our questions. he and his staff took really good care of my mom. i would recommend him without hesitation.

|  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Frempong-Boadu to anyone who requires a complicated spinal surgery. Dr. Boadu's high level of expertise and confidence gave me the assurance I needed to complete my surgery. I felt completely in good hands with him and his team and received exemplary care from the nurses at NYU's recovery and neurosurgery floors. I am completely satisfied with my decision in choosing Dr. Frempong- Boadu and with choosing NYU as a hospital.

|  Excellent Neurosurgeon  |  show details
by Happy New Yorker on Apr 5th, 2009

He repaired my spine where I had 4 fractured vertebrae and bone fragments pressing against my spinal cord after an accident. He prevented me from becoming a quadrapeligic. He is the best.