Dr. Anthony Heaney MD, PHD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

July 7th, 2017
My mother always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say about someone say nothing... I wish Dr Heaney thought more before his rude comments about me personally as to my diagnosis or lack thereof.
in network is my fate ! he passed judgement without any review of my pre prepared file inclusive of complete medical history ,MRI's ,blood work.. I pray for this man and his attitude towards patients.

March 10th, 2017
came un prepared to my appt. did not even know my name.
this Dr. made me feel like a nobody. I prepared as advised a packet , symptoms, health records, photos .labs, don't know why. he asked me why I was there and whats my story. I have a brain tumor and I believe cyclical cushings . when he found out I believed I had this disease for 16 years approximately 2 sentences into my explanation . he stopped me and said i don't think you have it. I begged for test and he did order them I am expecting a long drive for little help if any as he won't even return a call to me . I even think he had a front staff assistant answer my first email to him because I didn't see the education he has earned in the response it was short miss spelled and worded awkward and my test results seem to be missing although not a ding on the Dr. Heaney for that...however he never replied to the other email. signed invisible

April 17th, 2012
This doctor was great and finally diagnosed my problem after many years. I have seen several doctors who could not figure it out. Highly recommended

March 29th, 2012
Saw at UCLA Office
I saw this doctor at UCLA, so my experience may have been negative because of their practices, not the doctor. I STRONGLY advise against seeing any doc at UCLA for financial and privacy reasons. A student is always with the doctor, useless and intrusive. As for doctor Heaney, he's very nice. I disagreed with his conclusions about the nature of my condition and was ultimately proven right about its cause. However, he was discussing an area outside his specialty of prolactinomas. But NOT outside of endocrinology.

December 1st, 2010
most awesome doctor
very knowledgeable and thorugh with great manner

August 20th, 2010
Dr. Heaney missed my diagnosis completely. My local endocrinologist referred me to him since he is supposedly a pituitary specialist but he was so confident about my diagnosis that he did not bother to do his own investigation and told me increase my medication to the maximum (without checking my hormone levels) and to follow up in 3 months. He missed the fact that I have a dual secreting pituitary tumor in which case the treatment is surgical. He was a BIG disappointment. My general endocrinologist knows more than Dr. Heaney does.

October 6th, 2009
I wish all my doctors were like this

January 28th, 2017