Dr. Anthony Hicks MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 23rd, 2014
I'd Trust My Life With This Doctor
I've known Dr. Hicks (as a patient) for years. I suffer from chronic pain syndrome. While looking him up the other day on the web, I read some reviews about this doctor. I can imagine that there are those who don't like his straight talk, but that's what you'll get from him. So many people today seem to demand others take responsibility for what happens to them. Dr. Hicks encourages self-care to the highest degree possible from the individual. I've seen this doctor help his patient's when they get behind on grocery bills! He fights hammer & tong for his patient's rights & medical care, defending them to the utmost of his abilities (which are substantial). Some of his staff act like entitled, spoiled brats, and, for that his office has suffered. I trust my life with this man and recommend him highly to anyone who needs honest, compassionate, accurate care.

January 11th, 2014
All true
I used to work closely with Dr. Hicks and spent a lot of time in his office. I can absolutely confirm the other reviews about his caring about money. He makes a habit of actually leaving his office to go out for lunch while he has patients waiting for him. He also absolutely keeps patients in his care, whether they need to be or not, for as long as insurance will keep paying. He keeps people on certain medications because those are the drug reps who schmooze him the most and will dismiss patients' complaints if they aren't working. He is intelligent and knows his stuff, but he just doesn't care about anyone's interests but his own. Because I was so appalled with his practices, I stopped working with him. And in defense of his staff, they are the ones who have to listen to complaints from people who wait for 3 hours, never get return phone calls, etc. They give him every message people leave for him and all refill requests as soon as they get them, but he lets them sit on his desk and does nothing with them. I felt really sorry for them.

February 17th, 2011
Dr. Anthony Hicks
After spending almost two years with Dr. Hicks, when came to the show down of my Worker's Comp Case, he ignored my requests for involvement. His staff becameBelligerent and the office manger misinterpreted data to the insurance carrier,Causing me more pain and suffering.If youre looking for a caring Worker Comp Doctor, stay far away from Dr. Hicks. After my BCR, the insurance companys lawyer ok'd my MMI with Dr. Hicks.His staff was Belligerent and the office manager stone walled me. Her communicationsWith the insurance adjuster was wrong and caused me to expose Dr. Hicks and his staffTo be non-caring. He's only interested in one thing MONEY, as Reiterated by him and his staff.

January 18th, 2011
He's My Doctor Now
I was injured on the job and was forced by my employer to go to Concentra then ProMed("MD's hired by the employer"). The Concentra/ProMed office visits were worse than veterinary care. I found Dr. Hicks really by accident. Am I glad I did. Not only does he act with the highest professional demeanor, he's exceptionally knowledgeable and caring. He's always gone out of his way to help me when I've had an administrative hassle with the mangled care aspect of medical care received these days. He got my case accepted even with the hatchet jobs done by the "MD's hired by the employer." I recommend Dr. Hicks without reservation. If you go, you'll be glad you did.

December 15th, 2010
Not recommended
I do not recommend this doctor. The wait time is excessive - 1-2 hours each time, and not because the doctor is busy with patients, but because he is not in the office at all. If you need a letter for workers comp or to receive your meds, you are lucky if you receive it on time, or at all.

November 15th, 2010
Don't go!
Dr. Hicks routinely does things like go out to lunch while he has patients waiting (his staff admitted it to me). He will keep you in care as long as your work comp. insurance is still paying him, even if you are well enough to be released to full duty. I would have switched to a diff doc long before I did, but I didn't know I had the option under work comp. He does know his stuff, but he is terribly arrogant and cares more about getting paid then he does his patients.

November 1st, 2010
He diagnosed me properly and is an excellent doctor, just the wait time is very long.

July 21st, 2010
Excellent. Knows His Specialty
I attended an evaluation for a DISABILITY examination. I'd gone to MULTIPLE physicians who didn't know the details of such examinations. Dr. Hicks was EXCELLENT. Not only did he fully evaluate me & my conditions, he wrote an accurate report by which I achieved the benefits coming to me. I've read other reviews about this doctor: they just don't fit with my experience. He was EXCELLENT. I'd HIGHLY recommend him withOUT reservation of any kind

June 11th, 2010
expect a lenghty wait and very short office visit!
he does workers comp--one of the few in town who does; manner is abrupt--he will cut you off when you are trying to describe symptoms. earlier this year he advised a wc patient to ignore a 2d opinion exam and her workers comp benefits were suspended, so buyer beware!

September 17th, 2009
My overall experience is moderate. After understanding what to expect, the visit was not unpleasant.*The doctor was predictably 50 minutes behind the scheduled time, and was not present in his office until 50 minutes after the first appointment of the day or after lunch. After a few visits, I brought a good book and enjoyed the lengthy wait in the patient room.*The doctor was rushed during his visit with me. He talked very quickly and used medical terms liberally. A knowledge of common medical terms that applied to my condition helped a great deal during the visit (for example, if you have back problems, then be familiar with back anatomy and medical terms for your back problem)*The docor was very good about referring me to additional care (for example, physical therapy) when necessary.

February 5th, 2016