Dr. Anthony Hood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 28th, 2016
0 result ..
I am a patient for about 7 years, with the same issues over and over and not result. I can believe it !!!

June 21st, 2016
Will not go to anyone else
I have been going to Dr. Hood for a little over ten years now. I will NOT go to anyone else. He has always taken the time to speak with me if I have questions, he is very caring & honest person. I have full trust in him. After ten years he is yet to let me down. I have seen reviews that claim his staff is rude, again all my years I am yet to experience that. I have made calls asking for the nurse to call, if she doesn't get back to me same day, she calls me the following. They are very quick to provide me with my results, again I truly have no complaints about him, the staff, scheduling or wait time. When it comes to my lady parts Dr. Hood is my ONLY to go guy. I will continue using his services as long as he is still practicing. I would highly recommend him. My daughters do not go him only because their insurance isn't accepted if it was, that's where they would be going as well.

January 6th, 2015
Completely Unsatisfied!
The ladies who answer the phones are rude and unhelpful when it comes to scheduling. I received an attitude from them each time I called WHEN they answered. The hours are not regular and they take too long to call back. For my first appointment with this clinic, Dec. 2013, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Grenitz. It wasn't until I arrived for my appointment that I found out I was seeing someone else, Dr. Hood. I was so upset about this. They didn't bother to mention it on the phone and were unapologetic in person. I needed a birth control prescription and a pap smear so I went through with it anyway. My NEW DOCTOR asked me if it was ok to have a student in there with us. Umm, no. This is our time to get to know each other. One bad surprise after another. Horrible, unprofessional bedside manner. Same occasion: Turns out, I also had a yeast infection. Dr. Hood prescribed to me the MOST EXPENSIVE medication possible. The tests that were run were not covered by my insurance and frankly were not relevant. When I called from Target pharmacy, they only then recommended a more cost effective solution. After almost $1,000 my yeast infection was gone. What a waste of money. Separate occasion: I needed an emergency prescription Dec. of 2014 so I called first thing in the morning. I waited all day at Target pharmacy waiting for them to call it in. I checked back with this office every few hours with my mother who was sick with cancer. I was out of town and with no car. I explained this to them and received no sympathy...and no prescription. I had to go off of my birth control for a month because of them. This doctor is only out to take your money. I received very bad care from this facility and I DO NOT RECOMMEND you spend your time and money here. They are not looking out for the patient. A gynecologist is a very personal doctor and there should be trust between the patient and doctor. I don't trust these people with anything.

July 11th, 2012
Dr Hood is the best!
I think Dr Hood is one of the best Drs I have had the pleasure to meet. He treats me with respect and he really cares about my health. I will recommend Dr Hood to anybody who is looking for a caring, patient and nice ObGyn.

March 20th, 2012
Dr. Hood delivered my baby boy three years ago and was excellent.I can't say enough about him.My husband is bad around needles and I had to have a c-section, Dr. Hood made sure that my husband would be okay in the delivery room and would not see anything.He is the most caring doctor and I would highly recommend him to everyone. Dr. Hood is the best!

August 15th, 2011
This was my first time going to see an OBGYN doctor, and the office made the experience as confortable as possible. The staff was amazingly friendly and nice. Dr. Hood was warm and kind, listened to everything that I said, asked me appropriate and pertinent questions- and gave me vital information needed during the time of the visit. I received information from the office within the week. I was extremely happy with my decision to see Dr. Hood.

July 1st, 2011
A great doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Hood for years and since my 26 yr.old daughter moved back here she has been seeing him. He is the most compasionate dr. I have ever known. He always spends time explaining things to you. I know he is a very busy dr., yet he always gives you the feeling that he is just focused on your health. I resently had a hysterectomy and I was so confident that I was in the hands of a great dr. plus someone who really cares. I am so happy he is now my daughter's dr. since she just got married and will be having children someday. It is great to know he will be there at that important time. I can't say enough.

April 20th, 2011
Dr. Hood is very calming and always helpful. The girls that work there are the BEST!

August 31st, 2009
The Best of the Best
I have been a patient of Dr. Hood for many years. Now pregnant with my second baby he has been giving me the best care and attention. His staff is also excellent. I love them all. Those girls really have the heart to be in that line of work. Dr. Hood will always extend his time to make sure you are clear about your situation. He's got that old school Island bedside manners. Love you Dr. Hood and staff.