Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Doctor.com. DrScore.
Recommend unreservedly! show details Recommend unreservedly!
by HD2010 at Citysearch on Feb 1st, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have recently finished treatment with Dr. Kassir and would recommend him unreservedly. He is an extremely gifted physician and a compassionate human being.I have battled with clinical depression, and struggled with other self-defeating behaviors for most of my life. Over the last 25 years, I have been treated by a number of different physicians and been on several different medications with no lasting or significant improvement. I was beginning to think that this was the best I could hope for when I was referred to Dr. Kassir by someone whose opinion I trusted.Dr. Kassirs approach was different from what I had previously experienced. My treatment consisted mainly of ISTDP, an innovative type of psychotherapy, combined with medication management and traditional Cognitive-Behavioral therapy. ISTDP or Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, is a technique in which Dr. Kassir has had extensive training.. Unlike prior treatments which tended to deal only with the symptoms of the underlying problem and offering only temporary relief, Dr. Kassirs use of ISTDP addressed the root cause of my problems and depression.I have to say that the work was at times difficult and very painful. It required maximum effort on my part and I was not always willing. However, Dr. Kassir was always patient and focused. Therapy was not a magic cure-all my life is not perfect, but I feel that now I can deal with whatever comes up in a positive, healthy way.I found Dr. Kassir to be intelligent, professional, caring, encouraging and non-judgmental. He is also an excellent diagnostician. After seeing me for only a few weeks, he suggested I be tested for sleep apnea, something no other doctor had even considered. I was tested and found to have significant sleep apnea and am now being treated for it. Additionally, Dr. Kassir was always available if I had a question, and accommodating if I needed to reschedule an appointment. I trust his judgment and value his medical opinion. I recommend him wholeheartedly!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Caring, capable, and conscientious show details Caring, capable, and conscientious
by Jack F at Insider Pages on Oct 6th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

It`s great to find a psychiatrist who can help with talk therapy as well as medication, especially one like Dr. Kassir who is an expert in b...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Oct 5th, 2010

It's great to find a psychiatrist who can help with talk therapy as well as medication, especially one like Dr. Kassir who is an expert in both. He takes the time to listen and really changed my life. A caring, capable, and conscientious physician. I recommend him highly and without reservation.

by Anonymous on Oct 5th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
No regrets. Recommend him wholeheartedly! show details No regrets. Recommend him wholeheartedly!
by Satisfied customer on Apr 29th, 2010

I have recently finished treatment with Dr. Kassir and would recommend him unreservedly. He is an extremely gifted physician and a compassionate human being.I have battled with clinical depression, and struggled with other self-defeating behaviors for most of my life. Over the last 25 years, I have been treated by a number of different physicians and been on several different medications with no lasting or significant improvement. I was beginning to think that this was the best I could hope for when I was referred to Dr. Kassir by someone whose opinion I trusted.Dr. Kassirs approach was different from what I had previously experienced. My treatment consisted mainly of ISTDP, an innovative type of psychotherapy, combined with medication management and traditional Cognitive-Behavioral therapy. (ISTDP or Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, is a technique in which Dr. Kassir has had extensive training.). Unlike prior treatments which tended to deal only with the symptoms of the underlying problem (and offering only temporary relief), Dr. Kassirs use of ISTDP addressed the root cause of my problems and depression.I have to say that the work was at times difficult and very painful. It required maximum effort on my part and I was not always willing. However, Dr. Kassir was always patient and focused. Therapy was not a magic cure-all; my life is not perfect, but I feel that now I can deal with whatever comes up in a positive, healthy way.I found Dr. Kassir to be intelligent, professional, caring, encouraging and non-judgmental. (He is also an excellent diagnostician. After seeing me for only a few weeks, he suggested I be tested for sleep apnea, something no other doctor had even considered. I was tested and found to have significant sleep apnea and am now being treated for it.)Additionally, Dr. Kassir was always available if I had a question, and accommodating if I needed to reschedule an appointment.I trust his judgment and value his medical opinion. I recommend him wholeheartedly!

No Regrets! show details No Regrets!
by Anonymous on Feb 15th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

by Anonymous on Feb 13th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Feb 12th, 2010

He has a very mechanical approach to therapy. He states that I was paying for his time, when I intended to pay for his expertise. He was consistently late and yawned during sessions! I felt like I was being strung along with promises of profound change which indicates to me greed and questionable ethics. If you have time to waste and money to burn, you can give him a try. Don't expect guidance from him, though, if the therapy or the therapist is not a good match for you. Save some extra money and time to undo any harm he might do.

A compassionate, dedicated professional that changed my life show details A compassionate, dedicated professional that changed my life
by An academic professional on Feb 12th, 2010

A compassionate, dedicated professional that changed my lifeIve been extremely fortunate to have had Dr. Kassir as my therapist since 2007 to the present (early 2010). He has treated me for a combination of adjustment disorder and adult attention deficit, both of which he diagnosed incisively. This was despite my many years of previous treatment for depression, and despite my own skepticism. I was convinced simply by the effectiveness of his treatment. I can think of no better assessment of a psychiatrist than seeing results where there were none before, and in finally being equipped to manage life with power and hope. I have worked with him using three approaches: a cognitive-behavioral, workbook-guided therapy (with medication) for ADHD, couples therapy, and intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy (ISTDP). In each modality he was professionally versed, exacting in practice, compassionately driven, and extremely effective. To my mind, this excellence is a measure of his commitment to the discipline of psychiatry and to his clients. We uncovered motivations and limitations in me that were completely unavailable to me in previous treatments. None of it was easy, nor was it always pleasant. Most important to me is that he conveys a trust in the relationship to carry you through difficult steps. The trust is not based on him personally, and is not based on blind faith in a mystical method; rather, it is a trust in a process that is open, discussed, and practiced objectively throughout the profession. Even in the face of such commitment he was flexible, and adapted treatment to my needs and to the results we uncovered. For example, when we felt that the consequences of my ADHD were affecting my progress in a different modality, we switched gears to focus on tools to keep it in check. He never lost sight of the ultimate goal of empowering me with insight and the tools to do something about it. He never hesitated to address any concern I had, be it technical or emotional; to look up information for me; or to accommodate me in any way with appointments and advice for managing payment. He was consistent in this even during periods when he had many life demands outside the office. He has demonstrated to me in the most professional of ways that he sincerely cares about how I am doing. I look forward to continuing my work with him, particularly with ISTDP. I would recommend him to anyone who has what seems like an insurmountable problem, but who has the will to tackle it anyway. I believe that work with Dr. Kassir is one of the best ways to see your will become action.

Effective, compassionate psychotherapy show details Effective, compassionate psychotherapy
by Anonymous on Feb 12th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Ive been extremely fortunate to have had Dr. Kassir as my therapist since 2007 to the present (early 2010). He has treated me for a combination of adj ...

by MJWilson on Feb 12th, 2010 on citysearch.com

He has a very mechanical approach to therapy. He states that I was paying for his time, when I intended to pay for his expertise. He was consistently late and yawned during sessions! I felt like I was being strung along with promises of profound change which indicates to me greed and questionable ethics. If you have time to waste and money to burn, you can give him a try. Don`t expect guidance from him, though, if the therapy or the therapist is not a good match for you. Save some extra money and time to undo any harm he might do.

by No Regrets on Jan 8th, 2010

I have recently finished treatment with Dr. Kassir and would recommend him unreservedly. He is an extremely gifted physician and a compassionate human being. I have battled with clinical depression, and struggled with other self-defeating behaviors for most of my life. Over the last 25 years, I have been treated by a number of different physicians and been on several different medications with no lasting or significant improvement. I was beginning to think that this was the best I could hope for when I was referred to Dr. Kassir by someone whose opinion I trusted.Dr. Kassirs approach was different from what I had ever experienced. My treatment consisted mainly of ISTDP, an innovative type of psychotherapy, combined with medication management and traditional Cognitive-Behavioral therapy. (ISTDP or Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, is a technique in which Dr. Kassir has had extensive training.). Unlike prior treatments which tended to deal only with the symptoms of the underlying problem (and offering only temporary relief), Dr. Kassirs use of ISTDP addressed the root cause of my problems and depression. I have to say that the work was at times difficult and very painful. It required maximum effort on my part and I was not always willing. However, Dr. Kassir was always patient and focused Therapy was not a magic cure-all; my life is not perfect, but I feel that now I can deal with whatever comes up in a positive, healthy way. I am not hindered by my past and those old self-defeating behaviors and associated depression, because the causative mechanism has been dealt with.I found Dr. Kassir to be intelligent, professional, caring, encouraging and non-judgmental. (He is also an excellent diagnostician. After seeing me for only a few weeks, he suggested I be tested for sleep apnea, something no other doctor had even considered. I was tested and found to have significant sleep apnea and am now being treated for it.) Additionally, Dr. Kassir was always available if I had a question, and accommodating if I needed to reschedule an appointment. I trust his judgment and value his medical opinion. I recommend him whole-heartedly to anyone who is ready to leave their baggage behind and start living a life full of possibilities.

Nov 24th, 2009

Dr. Kassir really helped me during a difficult time in my life. As a result of our therapy, I was able to make some much-needed changes. I had such a good experience that I felt comfortable referring my friend.

He's the best! show details He's the best!
Nov 24th, 2009

Dr. Kassir was fantastic. I am so glad my family doctor referred me to him. He was more attentive and helpful than my previous therapist and I wish I knew about him sooner. Sometimes the therapy was hard, and I had to do my part, but he didn't waste my time and helped me face things I needed to face to get well. His approach really made a difference in my life and I feel like I can finally reach my full potential. He deserves his reputation for being a smart, caring, capable, and conscientious doctor.

He`s the best! show details He`s the best!
by BetterThanEver on Nov 24th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Kassir was fantastic. I am so glad my family doctor referred me to him. He was more attentive and helpful than my previous therapist and I wish I knew about him sooner. Sometimes the therapy was hard, and I had to do my part, but he didn`t waste my time and helped me face things I needed to face to get well. His approach really made a difference in my life and I feel like I can finally reach my full potential. He deserves his reputation for being a smart, caring, capable, and conscientious doctor.

Nov 13th, 2009

Mar 26th, 2009

It worked and changed my life