Dr. Anthony Kilbane MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 18th, 2016
Horrible
This man cares nothing about people. Should NOT be a doctor, I don't care what his credentials are. Went in twice to give him a chance and instead of adjusting medications and seeing what works (diabetic struggling with high blood sugar) he told me I was fat and sent me on my way. If you're obese, don't bother. He will make you feel worse than you already do.

February 13th, 2013
Horrible Experience
He double booked our appointment, seemed very rushed and not willing to consider our concerns. Didn't go over all options carefully. Later on when patient experienced side effects, he dismissed them. Patient ended up in ER for several days for severe liver damage as side effect to methimazole, a hyperthyroidism drug.

March 24th, 2011
Great doctor
Dr. Kilbane is not one to waste time on idle chat, but I actually look forward to my once-a-year visit with him because I feel he is very knowledgeable and effective. He is very businesslike but also has a very cerebral sense of humor and makes me feel very welcome, as does his very nice staff.

July 7th, 2010
When I first went to Dr. Kilbane, I was very bothered by his gruffness and the fact that he didn't seem to believe what I was telling him. However, after my husband and I had a long talk with Marie, his wife and office manager (in Ypsilanti, at least), suddenly the relationship completely changed. He is the only doctor who has called me personally several times and even gave me a hug when we ran into him at a restaurant. He is very concerned about my total condition (I have adrenal problems)and reviews all my medications and has made some very useful suggestions that my other doctors have followed up on. The Ypsilanti office is very prompt and the staff there are great. I am very glad that I persevered and we got to the point that we understand each other because, under the gruffness, there is a very caring, good doctor.