Dr. Anthony Kwon MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Charlotte, NC

February 14th, 2017
LEAVING A MESSAGE
I STAY ON HOLD FOR 10 MINUTES AND THEN THEY HANG UP WITHOUT ANSWERING. CARE IS HORRIBLE.

February 10th, 2017
Shocked
I had neck injection that didn't work and needed either more injections or another treatment or medication because I was still in discomfort. They did nothing, instead they sent me to some other doctor who does the same thing. I was lost, didn't understand what was going on, they said we don't do long term, bye. That was it, one treatment. Go somewhere else is all I can say, I was highly disappointed.

July 27th, 2016
Great doctor!
Two thumbs up for Dr. Kwon! After being diagnosed with a degenerative disc between my L4 and L5 which prevented me from walking being my Sciatic nerve other various nerves and muscles were affected in my lower back region the doc recommended surgery by putting in a new replacement disc with a fusion. The operation was a total success and I am so appreciative of Doctor Kwon`s skills. I`m writing this review 2 months after my surgery and though the healing takes some time which is expected having the ability to walk again is well worth the procedure. Walking is part of my recovery and look foward to my walking exercises every day.

July 19th, 2016
Dr Kwon is so thorough and competent! He genuinely cares for his patients. Would highly recommend Dr. Kwon for anyone needing back surgery.

July 14th, 2016
You can't do better!
Was amazing! I can't believe anyone that would say anything bad about Dr. Kwon. My neighbor has has surgery by him, our pastor at our church as well as me and everyone loves him! I am 68 years old and just came back from a week at Disney with my grandchildren. We walked everywhere and I didn't have to stop! I have a little bit of numbness in my toes still but none of the pain I had before. He did warn me that with my diabetes that may happen, but I can live with numb toes. Thank you for my life back Dr Kwon! PS- I had surgery over a year ago but felt compelled to write a review after recommending him to yet another friend.

July 12th, 2016
janeM
I am a mother of a daughter who has scoliosis and underwent successful surgery by Dr. Kwon. I couldn't have been happier with the result or Dr. Kwon. I had been to 2 other surgeons and already knew that she needed surgery, but was so nervous. Dr. Kwon was the only doctor to really explain anything and take the time to actually talk to my daughter. Can you imagine that of all the surgeons, they spoke just to me and not my Sophia who was the patient (she was 15 by the way, so not a baby)?! well that convinced me that he was the one. After seeing how straight her spine was, she actually cried she was so happy. the xrays are amazing. I can't believe the difference. DR. Kwon will always have a special place in the hearts of our whole family

December 2nd, 2015
Dr. Kwon review
I enjoyed meeting Dr. Kwon. Diagnosis was dead on, the only thing I didn't like was is nurse diagnosed me and suggested my plan of correction before I was ever seen by the actual Dr. I didn't like that at all!

November 13th, 2015
Excellent experience
Dr. Kwon was referred to me by a friend who had the same back issue as mine. He had very successful surgery earlier this year. I found Dr Kwon to be very patient, thorough in answering all questions, and clear about what my surgery would entail. I had the spinal fusion surgery on Oct 26. The surgery was very successful, I could feel the pain relief immediately after the surgery. I am recovering quickly and look forward to returning to all activity (tennis, racquetball, etc) in the very near future. Highly recommend Dr Kwon.

October 31st, 2015
Pain and suffering
I had a life changing experience because of this doctor. He took out a perfectly good disc. In our consultation we discussed that only one disc needed to be removed, but he removed another disc that nothing was wrong with. Once he puts you to sleep he does what he wants to do to your back. Do not let this man fill his pockets up by taking out your perfectly good disc.This doctor gave me a back problem worse than what I had before I had the surgery. Don't let his smile fool you. He needs to be stopped!!

August 26th, 2015
Great doctor!

March 12th, 2015
awesome experience!!! Professional and compassionate

February 18th, 2014
honest review here
Ok so I am a yelp junkie so I want to give an honest opinion of my experience. The bad. I had to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment as a new patient to see him. I then had to wait 30 minutes after my appointment time before he even saw me. The good...everything else that followed! I was very nervous and heard such bad things about spine surgery that there was no way I was going to let anyone cut on me. But the first visit he sat me down, talked in normal language about what I had and what my options were. He said we would try PT first and maybe injections, but only if all else failed would we consider surgery. A surgeon suggesting avoiding surgery! Impossible!!! anyway, I unfortunately did not get better and after 3 months, I chose to undergo surgery with the fullest confidence in Dr. Kwon. He was there every step of the way and even held my hand in the pre op area because I was so nervous. The surgery went GREAT! Pain free in the recovery room. Now I am mad at myself that I had waited to long for surgery! Anyway, I have met a friend as well as health advocate and for that I am so thankful. He is one in a million. I do not exaggerate when I say that I have sent at least 10 co-workers and friends to him and all have said the same glowing things. I think my wife even has a crush on him lol!