Neurosurgeon
2801 Randolph Rd
Ste 100
Charlotte, NC 28211
704-367-4800
Locations and availability (6)

|  honest review here  |  show details
by johhnyk on Feb 18th, 2014

Ok so I am a yelp junkie so I want to give an honest opinion of my experience. The bad. I had to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment as a new patient to see him. I then had to wait 30 minutes after my appointment time before he even saw me. The good...everything else that followed! I was very nervous and heard such bad things about spine surgery that there was no way I was going to let anyone cut on me. But the first visit he sat me down, talked in normal language about what I had and what my options were. He said we would try PT first and maybe injections, but only if all else failed would we consider surgery. A surgeon suggesting avoiding surgery! Impossible!!! anyway, I unfortunately did not get better and after 3 months, I chose to undergo surgery with the fullest confidence in Dr. Kwon. He was there every step of the way and even held my hand in the pre op area because I was so nervous. The surgery went GREAT! Pain free in the recovery room. Now I am mad at myself that I had waited to long for surgery! Anyway, I have met a friend as well as health advocate and for that I am so thankful. He is one in a million. I do not exaggerate when I say that I have sent at least 10 co-workers and friends to him and all have said the same glowing things. I think my wife even has a crush on him lol!

|  Best Surgeon in Charlotte  |  show details
by Denise E on Jun 3rd, 2013

Dr. Kwon is an excelent surgeon all round super person and has THE best bedside manner of any MD I have ever worked with! He is smart, articulate, always takes time to answer your questions, follows up on his patients (which is rare). All that being said, he is the best surgeon around. Spinal fusion and I was up and about the very next day. Home in 2 days and still doing great 3 years later. He is truly a life saver.

|  Best Doctor I've ever had  |  show details
by M Bradley on Feb 18th, 2013

Dr. Kwon is hands down the best doctor I have ever had. I wish he could be my primary care physician as well. After more than 10 years of back/leg pain, failed procedures, pain medication, and everything else you can do he was the first of a dozen doctors to spend time and actually listen. I had a fusion of my L4/L5 discs and when I woke up the leg pain was gone! And after recovery the back pain was gone as well. Too bad I didn't meet him 10 years ago!

|  show details
by Cheryl C on Jan 23rd, 2013

Dr Kwon was very honest and up front about my condition. Told me the chances of my surgery being a success. He did my surgery on Nov. 5, 2012 and my recovery has been very good. I have no pain and I am very thankful to Dr. Kwon and his staff! I would highly recommend him!!

|  Bionic man here  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

Dr. Kwon had watch over my back issues for many years. First performing a surgery removing a spur from L4 - L5 and indicating that he would be watching as I had degenerative arthritis is my spine. He was hoping that we could wait many years before taking extreme measures but 3 years after that surgery titanium rods were needed to get my spine straightened out and get me out of unbelievable pain. Without his expertise in this field I would surely be crippled today. Now here I am 20 months later and I am getting another operation performed by Dr. Pai in Gastonia, to implant a neuro stimulator. After I did the trial I was amazed at the relief I finally was able to obtain with this device. I cannot wait (3 days), until this is permanently in place.

|  Wish Everyone was Dr Kwon!  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

Dr. Kwon is "heaven sent" as well as Cynthia! Dr. Kwon tried everything before he decided that there was no wa around it, I needed surgery or be paralized. He did surgery for me in 2006 while I was expecting my precious little boy! Between God & Dr. Kwon I was up and walking 4 days after my surgery! I am now having issues again, but I have a totally different injury to my back! I know that He will take care of me and I recommend him to all of my friends!

|  told me NOT to have surgery  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

I went to him as a third opinion after going to Duke and another neurosurgeon in town and both other surgeons tried to rush me to surgery. I spent over 30 minutes with Dr. Kwon going over my medical history and he set me up with an intensive program of physical therapy and injections and now I am all better! I can't believe how good I feel and how I almost had totally unnecessary surgery. Thank god I went to see him before agreeing to be cut on. Definitely see him if you are considering surgery on your back!

|  Accurate diagnosis, successful surgery, I would highly recommend!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

His office staff are very professional, efficient and helpful. I was able to get several appointments before my surgery because I had additional questions. Dr. Kwon is a very easy to understand and very willing to spend time and explain the diagnosis and procedures. He and his staff followed me closely in and out of the hospital. He is an excellent surgeon who is very well educated and trained and obviously stellar in the O.R.!

|  show details
by M Scott on Jul 8th, 2010

If you are looking for a doctor who will spend time explaing the situation and the treatments, Dr. Kwon is your man. I had 2 pages of written questions when I went for my appointment. After the consultation, I realized he and his staff had answered every question without my asking.I am sure that with Dr Kwon I am the road to recover.

|  The best surgeon in charlotte!!  |  show details
by kellyS on May 5th, 2010

Not only did he fix my back, but he called me at home 3 times to see how I was doing. I am now back to work full time and taking no pain medications. He is a wonderful surgeon as well as person and human being. It took me 3 weeks to get an appointment, but it was well worth it!

|  Gift from God  |  show details
by josht on Oct 6th, 2009

I ended up having an XLIF procedure and the very next day I was without pain. My prayers have been answered in Dr.Kwon!

|  Great visit  |  show details
by JRastin on Sep 1st, 2009

The Best neurosurgeon in charlotte. I have had 10 years of pain and he was the only person to fix me after 3 failed other surgeries!

|  Best spine surgeon in Charlotte!  |  show details
by Rmcdowell on Dec 19th, 2008

I have been to many neurosurgeons in charlotte and he was the only one that understood me and took care of the problem. I owe my life to him!