1.5

Patient show details Patient
by Tammy on Jun 9th, 2015

So far Dr. Gonzales has been a good Doctor for me. I think he really cares about doing what is best for my health and isn't just going to come up with a temporary solution to a persisting health issue I have and is going to spend more than one appointment talking with me about my health to get a feel for if it's something that can be remedied with good lifestyle choices or is something that needs more critical attention. Also to get to know my health background and what are key concerns for me. It all depends on what Doctor is right for a person and he works for me and I don't spend a long time in the waiting room. People are nice to me when I come in for my appointment. And he follows up.

by john w on Mar 26th, 2014

my last two drs with essisca have left the clinic. they sent me to gonzales, what an as s. i went in for my yearly colesteral checkup. he spend 45 of the 50 min. visit railing about smoking. when i asked about my blood test, he said come back in 3 months. i said "NO". he gave me the blood test, but not the prescriptions. dr #4, this time st. lukes.

new client show details new client
by melissa on Aug 26th, 2013

well i suffer from arthritis....i have had both knees replaced since his visit...i have my hips and spine that need work....so i am on pain meds...well i was looking for a new doctor...at essential health...my first visit he gave me a drug test...i thought...wow that is different... but i did it...i dont use drugs...he calls me back...telling me that i showed morphine in my test...i am thinking what is going on ...here...when i was in canada i picked up these pills for pain...over the counter...and did research...found out they had morphine in them...i was couldnt believe it...i called him back....told him what happened...and he said at this time he will not take me...cause of my drug problem...was thinking...wow...i work for a company that drug tests....why would i put my job at jeopardy.......i went to fairview....and i have the best doctor in the world...he is local...grown up in this area....

Arrogant show details Arrogant
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Gonzales comes across as caring more about pushing you out the door as quickly as possible than helping with whatever may be ailing you. He is quite arrogant. I've noticed though he is the on-call doctor quite a bit of the time, probably to do with his lack of experience and time at the Essentia Clinic-Hibbing. If he is not your regular doctor, good luck with getting any help from him. Since he doesn't know your case, he won't prescribe for you. Avoid him.

Feb 21st, 2012

i do not think he has experience in diagnosing well. as for meds he has been known to start a person out on a higher dosage of a new med instead of the lowest dosage. he seems to not spend time with each patient that much. there are some diagnosis he forgets he tells his patience and nothing is done about it. does not seem to be the encouraging type as far as deciding the right thing for a patient to do for a problem that patient may have.he may have suggestions, but most of the time they are not that good.

a poor excuse of a doctor show details a poor excuse of a doctor
by travis on May 20th, 2008

he is more worried about his license, more then giving proper treatment. he brought up the D.E.A., and then tried to tell me the "socrates oath, but he did not even know that. first, heal yourself. he repeated it, first do no harm. i would avoid him, he only has 1 yr. experience, and is inmature. research all medications he may prescribe for you. his knowledge of medications is limited. he does not listen to you. his ego gets in the way.