Dr. Anthony Machi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anthony Machi?

May 28th, 2016

Met with us over the weekend

December 7th, 2015

I will say that Dr. Machi would call me often and gave me personal attention. That was wonderful! However, his diagnosis and the medication that was prescribed to me was way off. He did not listen to me and had only one idea in his head for treatment. It was a horrible experience.

March 20th, 2015

Best psychiatrist

My entire family was falling apart and he fixed everything. Love Dr. Machi! So intelligent.

August 31st, 2014

horrible

outrageously expensive extremely rude

March 13th, 2013

ED no more!

Dr. Machi helped in my recovery of a 23 yr long eating disorder. I worked with a a team of 3, counselor, psychiatrist and nutritionist. Those that are looking for a miracle and have scored Dr Machi low are searching for a lost cause. He diagnoses individuals based on testing, referrals and individual psychological counseling. FYI, he is a professional so need not try and diagnose yourself, he's an expert for a reason. Listen, observe, learn and apply Dr.Machi's expertise to your lifestyle and you will persevere! He is an exellent, brilliant and dedicated Doctor.

November 2nd, 2012

Caring but Inept

I saw Dr Machi for an eating disorder and depression in Milwaukee. Not only was his treatment not helpful, his diagnosis was inaccurate and he was dismissive to my concerns and issues. He seemed to stick to a rigid plan that he had for all eating disorders even when it didn't apply to my situation and the whole treatment revolved around how much I ate and weighed with no discussion or treatment for the real issues. I was in an inpatient program for almost three months with more than 100K spent by my insurance co and never had an individual therapist. Dr Machi's belief systems regarding eating disorders was that is was all biochemical and only offered drug therapy. When I suggested that my depression and ED were the results of signifigant trauma and neglect as a child he told me that was irrelevant and talked about how children from WWII had no more incidence of depression than any other and referred to my molestation from a brother who was 12 years my senior as and I'm quoting here "playing doctor" The truly tragic part about all this is not that it didn't help but that I was so demoralized from the experience that I didn't try to get help for this until 20 years later and all the years of suffering following that. Dr. Machi is a kind and caring man but his arrogance and over confidence in his method kept him from listing to his patients and recognizing when treatment wasn't effective.

May 11th, 2011

Exceptional doctor

I saw Dr. Machi for a dehabilitating eating disorder in Wisconsin. I knew he was exceptional at the time, but now know he is remarkably dedicated and just how exceptional a man and doctor he is. At the time I saw him he literally saved my life. There are few doctors like him today.|Unlike many doctors that are interested in making money, he is genuinely interested in his patient's welfare and full recovery, the patient's education about her/his problems and upholds the Hippocratic oath in ways few physicans do today.I would reccomend him to anyone, unless I thought they would HURT HIM. His patieints are blessed to have such a bright and caring man treating them.

November 1st, 2010

This doctor was, all-in-all, dismissive and condescending. Perhaps for parents who are only concerned with obtaining an amphetamine/psychostimulant prescription for their overactive child, this doctor would be ideal, however for grown men or women struggling with alcoholism he is entirely inept, not to mention blind to the fundamentals of alcoholism as a chronic condition. Blatant disregard for my feelings and concerns; obviously no real personal experience with mental health issues and/or addiction, in it for the buck.

December 4th, 2009

The Best Dr. Machi ever Words would never tell how Great he is

Dr. Machi does not only diagnose he thoroughly informs you of your illness and the medications as well as how they work in your body. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very personal with you as well as caring and attentive.I love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 17th, 2008

He is very busy but is really outstanding. He is the first psychiatrist of many I have seen who properly diagnosed and treated me.

August 18th, 2016