Internists, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites), Urologist

239 Washington St
Jersey City, NJ 07302
201-521-1100
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  horrible office  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2014

This is a lazy office.....been trying to get my records transmitted to my new doctor for three weeks. They told me it would be done last week, but just called and found they had not done it. You could drop dead waiting for these incompetents.

|  Need a primary care doc? Forget this guy.  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

I attempted to use Dr. Mangia as my HMO primary physician. He may be a good doctor, but that's irrelevant due to the fact that you can't an appointment until 6 weeks after you call.After I scheduled my first appt. I had a bike accident. At NYU Hosp. in NYC where the ambulance took me I was examined (cat scan etc.) and told I had a concussion and received 8 stitches above my left eye. I still had bad headaches 10 days later, called Dr. Mangia's office and asked to be seen. They said no, he was too busy, I had to wait until my scheduled appty. weeks away. I ended up having to go to the emergency room at Jersey Med. Center.After seeing Dr. Mangia at my scheduled appt. 2 weeks later, I got sick - a fairly bad digestive problem. Again I called Dr. Mangia's office and asked to be seen and again they said no, he's too busy and offered me an appt. 6 weeks later. I went to my old doc in Manhattan, was diagnosed with a bacterial infection in my colon and was prescribed an antibiotic which eventually cleared up the problem. Had to pay him full fee because he's out of my Jersey insurance network.Mangia is worthless as a primary doctor. Why he is accepting new primary care patients when he refuses to see them when they get sick is beyond me.

Nov 3rd, 2011

Unfortunately, the Dr.'s office staff is completely inept. The office is run by the Dr's wife, who is not up to the job at all. You cannot get an appointment for at least 6 weeks to 2 months and when you do show up for a scheduled appt, you are guaranteed to wait at least an hour before they take your vitals, and then at least another half hour in the exam room waiting to see the Dr. The staff are not very helpful or caring in my opinion. I've been a patient for several years, and invariably when I call, after being put on hold, they come back to ask me if I'm a patient. Then they say they have no record of me and put me on hold again for a few more minutes. Arrggghhh. The only reason I've stayed is because Dr. Mangia is wonderful, and I usually see him only for a check up or an emergency, and once you do see him, he listens and takes all the time you need. Unfortunately, that is a problem since he gets backed up, and no one seems to care that he's managing his time with each patient properly. I have to change Dr's since it's just become so stressful.

Jun 10th, 2011

he is a wonderful doctor and a great person. very caring and understanding. i have been with him for 15 years and trust him with my health and well being

Jan 9th, 2009

HE'S A GREAT DOCTOR WITH VERY PROFESSIONAL BEDSIDE MANNERS. HE IS EXTREMELY PATIENT, UNDERSTANDING AND EXPLAINS THROUGHLY AND NEVER GETS UPSET. I WOULDN'T TRADE HIM FOR ANYTHING. I'VE BEEN WITH HIM 12YEARS