Anthony D Martin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

August 16th, 2015
Fantastic Physician
Most comprehensive diagnosis and explanation of those diagnosis that I've ever had.

May 29th, 2014
I had two extremely bad appointments with Dr. Martin. It was necessary for me to transfer to him from within the Central Ohio Counseling practice. My meds were due to run out and it is extremely difficult to find an in-network psychiatrist that is accepting new patients. His wait times are outrageous - he actually said that he runs late all the time - so I should plan for it. The way in which he treats his patients is rude and completely unprofessional (swearing during appointments). He added ADHD to my diagnosis of Bi-Polar II. Which made some sense based on my history and family history. However, he treated me like a child and talked down to me - I ended up crying at both appointments (which I have not done in years). At one point, he told me he did not have time to deal with my crying. He said that people with depression like to be in their heads - that we like to have a pity-party with ourselves. He told me that he would not treat me if I could not take his directions - this was said when I questioned why he wanted to add Prozac to meds. I was already on mood stabilizers, the new ADHD meds he prescribed and sleeping pills. I told him I did not want to add another med - he was adamant that I do what he said and that I could leave if I did not like what he was saying. I felt bullied and belittled. I finally closed my mouth, took the prescriptions and left - knowing that I would not fill the additional prescription and that I would not be back in that office. His profile indicates that he specializes in child and adolescent psychiatry. My son was supposed to go to him as well for continued treatment - we cancelled his appointments immediately. I did not want my child to go though what I did at my appointments - life is hard enough as it is, especially when you feel different or atypical. No ones needs to feel like they have gone through the wringer when leaving the doctor's office.

May 7th, 2014
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!
This is by far the worst doctor I've ever been to. He frequently needs to reschedule appointments after I arrive rather calling to reschedule. I have never had a wait time shorter than 45 mins. His demeanor even says I'm better than you. Generally, he talks the whole appointment and writes the prescriptions...he doesn't even ask how you are but he will for sure tell you about his motorcycle! Only go see him if you have money and time to waste!! WORST DOCTOR EVER. I plan to report him to the medical board.

July 16th, 2013
Disappointed
I had my first appointment with Dr. Martin, however when i came to the appointment he immediately came out into the hallway and told me that I had to reschedule and the only excuse he gave me was that it would take an hour to an hour half. I was surprised that he wanted to reschedule since the day before the front office staff had called to remind me of my appointment. I was disappointed, but I went ahead and rescheduled. When i came back the following week he immediately came out and said that we had to reschedule and he did not give any excuse, but said that the appointment would take an hour to hour half and we didn't have enough time. The office staff had even called the day before to remind me once again of my appointment! I asked to speak to him privately and when I went into his office I attempted to speak to him about my personal concerns and my frustrations with the reschedules, however he did not even look at me and instead looked at his computer and attempted to find another time for me to come in. I rescheduled, however I was very distraught when i left and near tears because of my ongoing mental health concerns that have been dealing with. I think it is wrong that he does not respect other people's time and if I cannot trust him to even keep to an appointment then how can I trust him with my mental health concerns. My only hope was that I may have been just the one patient he had done this too, however after reading all these other reviews it made me sad to see that this is not the case. I work in the mental health myself and this is not even remotely the kind of service that I provide to those that I serve in my profession. I am sorry for those who have seen Dr. Martin for the first time and this was your first experience. Trust me this is not how most mental health professionals operate. Please seek another psychiatrist.

June 26th, 2013
I waited three months to see this md. After going to his office , within 3 questions he suddenly had to leave To move his car so it wouldnt get towed . I was told to come back that night at 7 pm . I arrived and was told by the front desk he had moved the apt to 8pm then 45 mins later was told he wasn't coming that I was to come back the next day. In that 3question interview he was rude ,never looked me in the eye and never once apologized to me. Being a medical profession myself I was struck by how unprofessional he was . I read this long review that was supposedly written by a pt , you must go read it , it talked about how we should shut up and absorb his brilliance I would bet my life he wrote that review and shows what a total self absorbed grandiose delusional "god complex" He has .He treats his pts so poorly and I will never come back and if you value your time and mental health AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

April 4th, 2013
Unprofessional, Crude, Unreliable
All of the negative things I've read here I strongly believe based on my experience. I've been seeing him for 4-5 years. Every time I visited him he seemed to not remember who I am. He had to look at his notes to remember anything. He would ask how I am doing and be completely uninterested in my response. He talked inappropriately about sexual things, including once telling me to fix my wife's disinterest in sex by going down on her.... He even made a lick between his fingers gesture. Every single visit the past year I have had to wait for 1 hour plus after the appointment time. Many of these times I heard him pull up on his motorcycle about 45 minutes in. The lady who works at the desk paged and called him many times during the time I was waiting as well, so its not that he didn't know I was waiting. The only positive thing I can say about my experience with him is that he was quick to write the prescription as I already was diagnosed with ADHD previously so getting the right meds was the easy part.

February 5th, 2013
Quickly and accurately diagnosed me and with Doctor Martin's help, I have confidence and happiness with who I am as a person-For the first time ever!! Highly Recommended!

October 8th, 2012
nothing but a pill pushing fool
Dr. Martin is at best a pill pushing incompetent boob.He does not listen to anything you have to say..the Doctor is rude...uncaring.....appears to be disengegaed with the patient....If you have an appointment be prepared to wait at least 1/2 hour...If you want to check on an upcomming appt. you must leave a message,,,,,,keep in mind no one is going to call you back......I highly recommed not to visit this clinic

July 2nd, 2012
Dr. Anthony Martin is brilliant and caring. He has taught me ways to control panic attacks and PTSD flashbacks.

May 30th, 2012
I dont care for talking with a machine in trying to schedule an appointment as a regular client. It doesnt seem to be enough Promts to answer my question. Its discouraging. I wish the Dr had a 2nd location closer to the city or bus line as I am having transportation issues and at times I have been late or may miss my appointment altogether. I dont mean to. It has on occasion resulted in financial penalities which makes it even more difficult to to be seen and treated as I can hardly afford to pay. The medication is expensive enough. Other than those small issues; I find Dr. Martin to be a good, kind, understanding Doctor.

January 30th, 2012
A one note Dr. - everyone has ADHD
Dr. Martin is everything that everyone else here, save for the one positive review that was probably written by Dr. Martin, says he is. He is crude, uncaring, obnoxious, self-absorbed, and unorganized. You wait forever for your appointment. I have never had to wait less than a 1/2 hour past my appointment time to see him. Once you do see him he is very uninterested in what you have to say even threatening to stop seeing you all together if you dare challenge him or ask too many questions. I have suffered from anxiety for about 15 years. During this time I have also suffered boughts of depression. My regular doctor has helped me tremendously in dealing with these problems but he has never been able to cure me. He has suggested I see a psychiatrist for a long time and I finally relented. Unfortunately all of the psychiatrists that he recommended either weren't taking new patients or didn't take my insurance. That's how I ended up with Dr. Martin. Long story short, Martin diagnosed me not with anxiety/depression but with ADHD!. I didn't know it at the time but this seems to be the only diagnosis that he knows. He prescribed Vyvance. I took vyvance for 3 months and felt worse than ever. Not only was my anxiety worse but I couldn't sleep, I had almost no appetite and I sweated profusely even when I was just sitting down watching tv. Couple this with a severe case of dry mouth and I was miserable. I told this to Martin and his response was to increase the vyvance. When he suggested this I KNEW he was wrong in his diagnosis and that he did not care at all about how I was doing. I am now off of the vyvance and have gone back to some old medications from my family Dr. while I search for a new, COMPETANT, psychiatrist. I feel much better off of the vyvance than I did on it. I would suggest avoiding Dr. Martin at all costs.

November 10th, 2011
Fine
My experience with psychiatrists is that they are there to determine if medication can help. Dr. Martin was competent to do this.