Internist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  show details
Jul 17th, 2013

We got referred to Dr Mauro by default because we needed a neurologist asap. The other ones recommended were all booked for months but Dr Mauro had an opening right away. No surprise why after we met him. His ego was larger than the entire building we were in. There was hardly any room in the office for anyone else besides him and his ego. He was rude, had NO bedside manner, and insulted our family. He even told my mother at what age she will die! We will never go to him again and do tell everyone about our bad experience. There are so many negative comments and bad experiences listed here about Dr Mauro. The board should reprimand him for having such poor bedside manner and an unprofessional attitude toward medicine. He is a disgrace to Queen's.

|  show details
May 14th, 2013

Most memorable was Sherise(?) Made you feel comfortable and showed compassion. On the other hand Dr Mauro is terrible and will not be recommended. Waited in 50 minutes to see the doc.

|  Horrifying  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

As another physician, I have been appalled by his manners when I have spoken to him on the phone on several different occasions. He blamed me for calling him after hours, even when I needed to speak with him about critical test results on patients. I would never go to this physician given his clear lack of concern for his patients and his lack of respect for his colleagues. He gives Queens a bad reputation.

|  Extremely inappropriate ! Stay away!  |  show details
by Pam on Feb 14th, 2013

Awful, rude, unprofessional bedside manner. Dr. Mauro was very aggressive and seemed to enjoy seeing me in pain. Staff was very rude, nurse Monitia yelled at me while I was in the waiting room and then she lost my information and then called me and yelled at me again saying I did not provide my information -when indeed I had but she entered it incorrectly. Extremely unprofessional and inappropriate behavior from both the doctor and staff. Never go here! They should not be allowed to practice medicine.

|  Take a number  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

This man has aparently lost all ability to listen and or have any compasion. He related to me as though I was not worthy of his presence.Your health is your responsibility so choose wiselyI wish I had read the reviews.

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Would not see him again.

|  Very happy  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2010

Very happy with the doctor and staff

|  Horrible  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2010

His staff literally lied to me and completely wasted my time, this doctor is a scammer.

|  Not the friendliest  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2009

The first time I saw him i wanted to cry. I blamed it on my pregnancy, even though I never really felt much better after other appointments. It really irks me that he has to look up the answer to most questions I have and doesn't seem to remember that there is a person with a life and feelings on the other side of the diagnosis.

|  The Worst Bedside Manner of Any MD I've Encountered  |  show details
by helping you be Forewarned on Aug 29th, 2009

He sat with his hand in front.tapping his fingertips, with the"Hurry up with your questions and get out of here". I have never met such an unhappy looking MD who gave me as much advice as any nurse. I highly respect my internist and my only complaint is in his referring me to this person; I should have gone elsewhere instead of having seen him four times...thought he'd be more helpful as he got to know my case but no. Never met any like him and know better if I do hereon.