inactive

Anthony D McBride MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 22nd, 2015
I dont like writing reveiws however I have a obligation--Patients Be-Warned
After MRI's of both legs ordered by my Rheumatologist showed multiple bi lateral infarcts (holes in bone basically) it was strongly suggested that I see an Ortho ASAP. I chose McBride as he was and his partner wwre right a ross the hall from Rheumatologist and to McBrides credit, he did a hip replacemwnt on a family friend that she has had little issue, if any, with. That said, from the minute I walked in and he asked "What are You Here For" to which I nervously/jokingly replied "Inwas hoping you could tell me" He pulled up my MRI's and after a glance said "These have been here a while, they will be fine, let me know if it gets worse" I was shocked in that 2 Specialists (rheum and Radiologist) had both been adament about the possibility of collapse in the bones. I left the office feeling like a Hypochondriac, then again I felt that the 2 specialists and extreme pain tht I had been in for months WITH pain meds from my Primary, let me know that McBride just did not care..or saw a liability. ..or disnt like my Insurance. Regardless, my Rheumatologist who is conservative in treatment by his nature, wrote me on my electronic record after I voiced McBridea treatment plan of my calling if it gets worse (because we all have Xray machines in our basements of course) humbily Told me this... "I am not an Ortho, and this is not my speciality but I DO know that a 40 year old with this condition is NOT normal, we will find you an Ortho In Nashvillr Or Louisville." Two weeks and a day later, I was seen by Dr. @@@@@ at Vanderbilt. Diagnosis? "Death of bone tissue due to loss of blood supply" his recommendation? "First available appointment with his colleague Dr. @@@@@ who specializes in knee replacements for those with Osteonecrosis" So, as Dr. McBride explained to me thay pain is "just an experience" and I told him "I have pain meds, I need answers" it became apparent he had no answers for me-only a lie. He has since changed his diagnosis on my legal chart and it reflects what Vanderbilt says, which is admitting he lied. Im grateful he could at least do that. I understand medicine is a practice, and if this procedure was above his abilities then he should have said so but to lie to a patient and tell them this was normal, when it is far from it especially as I was 39 years old (now 40) it is incorrigible. I have felt strongly in the past that lawsuits against Dr.'s are often misplaced anger and even at times an abuse of the legal system-I may have been wrong. Regardless, my focus is getting well. Here I warn the public by sharing my experience, your experience may be different. I have told the truth, and if I wanted to "ruin him" I would have already used every legal means available to do so..I am even giving him credit for the hip replacement that seemingly went well for the family friend, I leave my anger and disappointment in the past and forgive him for blatantly lying to me-I will not forget and I will always ask for a second opinion. McBride, if you find any mistruth in this review, Ive left name. Call me and I will retract, good luck with that.

March 25th, 2015
Unprofessional
Dr Mcbride did surgery on my husband's knee. He acted like my husband was some kind of drug seeker, the only thing my husband wanted was out of pain and his life back. After several months of treatment we went for our check up in which he told us everything was comming together good. 6 months later we have had 4 doctors ask how my husband is even able to walk. Our new othro doctor did not want to take our case because of the treatment he had received from Mcbride.

September 8th, 2013
Dr. McBride did my shoulder surgery and I can't talk good enough about him. He was attentive to me and I felt like he really cared about me and my problem. I've had so many doctors that want to get in and out of the office and aren't really concerned about the pain or what their patients are going through. I didn't feel like this was the case with Dr. McBride.

February 21st, 2010
Dr. McBride replaced my hip and I was able to walk without a cane in 2 weeks, and only needed advil for pain. Still a little bit weak but getting stronger. He is an excellent surgeon with an attentive attitude. He really seemed to care about my problem.

September 30th, 2009
total knee replacement
Can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't seen Dr. McBride. He changed the way I live. I was pretty fed up until he replaced my right knee. I feel whole again. great feeling.