Dr. Anthony Melillo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anthony Melillo?

December 30th, 2015

Dr. Melillo is very accurate with his diagnosis. I've had several limb surgeries done by him and I recovered very well with all of the them. I would recommend him to anyone.

September 6th, 2015

Offered several alternative treatments explaining the benefits of each one. He took time to make sure that I understood the procedure. Dr Melillo and his staff are very professional yet very caring and compassionate.

May 5th, 2014

I had a similar experience as another poster regarding TKR. I had the replacement done in 12-13 an was sent to Advantage Physical Therapy, which is owned by a member of his family. I was injured at PT which required a visit to the ER and extreme pain. Upon returning to his office I was told, "it's all in your head" by Dr M. I have witness to this statement. I had ROM to 50%, horrid swelling and pain. Dr M kept teling me to push throughit. I teturned the next week to be told I needed a manipulation. The manipulation was performed without great success. The knee kept swelling and was so very painful. I returned to his office multiple times to be brushed off by Dr M n told I was just pain sensative. This statement is so incorrect. I kept calling and expressing my concern over pain, lack of use and swelling 1/2 size of volley ball. I finally became disgusted and seeked a 2nd opinion and notified his office. Low and behold Dr M started calling me non stop to find out what new Dr said was going on. Two days after meeting new Dr I was in surgery for a scope, clean out and manipulation. Dr M should have done the scope when he did the first manipulation 5 weeks after original surgery, but he didn't. New surgeons in Med Center advised me he failed to treat me appropriately. I am now 5 months post op original TKR and I will requiring a total revision. Dr M should not be allowed to mistreat his patients in such a manner. In addition, when Dr M did original TKR, I was released from hospital with the CPM only bending to 70° and Dr adjusted my records to say my flexion was 90° which is false. Please be aware of Dr M and his rush to move patients like a farmer herds cattle.

May 12th, 2013

Knee Replacement

Dr. Melillo did a total knee replacement on me in 2011. I had to use a walker of 2 weeks, crutches 2 weeks and cane for 2 weeks. I had a lot of swelling and pain with the knee. After surgery he sent me to physical therapy. After several sessions of therapy, I told him that my range of motion was not getting any better. He did a manipulation, and at that time I could not tell that he had done anything. The therapist couldn't tell either, the range of motion was the same as before the manipulation. He should have known at that time there was a problem. He required more therapy that I had to pay out of pocket because I had used all allowed by my insurance. He then had me fitted with a dynamic splint. Since I was back at work, I had to wear the splint whenever possible and every night. My insurance wouldn't pay for the splint saying that it was not an approved procedure. I had to pay that expense out of pocket for 3 months. My range of motion didn't improve. I kept telling him I wasn't satisfied with my range of motion and he kept tellng me it was ok. My knee was big and looked like a foreign object, not a knee. I finally went to another doctor at the Medical Center for a second opinion, 2012. DIAGNOSIS - failed left total knee arthroplasty. He found posterior cruciate sparing knee design (wrong type of replacement) and the knee had some instability, causing a large buildup of scar tissue. PROCEDURE - complex revision total knee arthroplasty. I had the revision done in Jan 2013 and was up walking the night of surgery. I only used a cane. After more therapy I was walking at 3 weeks, my range of motion was 25 degrees and straightness at 0. Also, my knee looks like a normal knee I feel that Dr. Melillo put me through a lot of pain, mental, physical stress and expense that wasn't necessary. I hope he doesn't handle other patient the way he did me.

August 28th, 2011

Company doctor, does what the company tells him to do, not what is best for the patient!

I had an on the job injury to my shoulder. He saw me and immediately told me I had a tear. He suggested an MRI be done to see the extent of the tear and discuss surgery. But the employee health clinic at Clear Lake Regional Hospital did not approve the MRI and ordered physical therapy only. Dr. Melillo did what the employee health clinic requested, regardless of my injury. 8 weeks later, Dr. Melillo released me to full duty without ever insisting on an MRI. When I questioned his judgement and asked him how he can prove that I do not have a tear without him ever ordering an MRI to prove or disprove a tear, he got very angry and told me that I would not be seen in his office again. Dr. Melillo is a "Company doctor" and does not care what the patient needs! He even allows his office staff to provide Clear Lake Regional Hospital with 2 weeks of additional physical therapy without his knowledge or approval, just to appease the employee health clinic, which was run by an LVN at the time. Go figure! Dr. Melillo's bedside manners lacked in caring and professionalism and I will never see him again, nor will I ever recommend him to anyone in any way. I am a healthcare professional who has been in healthcare for 32 years. Dr. Melillo lacks in empathy and concern for my wellbeing as his patient.A second opinion doctor at Orthopedic Hospital of Houston saw me weeks after Dr. Melillo released me back to full duty. I was then told, after having an MRI, that the tendon tear is almost a complete tear. Once it tears completely, I will not have use of that muscle anymore.So Dr. Melillo, you are a poor example of a Physician, you need to re read your oath! And don't let the "company" dictate how to practice medicine. If you can't honestly do what is best for the patient, don't agree to see them in the first place. So sad, so so sad!!!!

June 14th, 2011

Dr. Melillo is an excellent Orthopaedic surgeon. And most importantly he is not "knife happy" He'll do all he can to treat the problem, leaving the surgery as a last resort or unless it is a serious injury and surgery is unavoidable. He explains everything completely and understandably. If you have questions for him he will answer all of them as long as it takes.

July 25th, 2017