Dr. Anthony Merrill DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 2 reviews

no change

September 1st, 2015
RUSHED
At the initial consultation I felt that I was not listened to, furthermore when describing my symptoms to Dr. Merrill I was looked at like I was lying and I got the feeling I was being judged as well... Against my better judgement I scheduled an EGD for the following week. Upon arrival for the procedure I was informed there had been two other cancellations, so they were going to "rush me through" as told by the nurse. It should have been a sign when the woman before me left in tears, but I continued anyways. The anesthesiologist voiced his concerns about being hurried but was trumped by Merrill, I was told this procedure would be around two hours, 20 minutes later I was done, still under the effects of the anesthesia with Merrill standing at the end of the hospital bed, the only thing he stated was "My results would be in the mail" Upon discharge I was not given any specific instruction for taking my daily medications. The next morning it took me over two hours to reach anyone who could answer my simple question of whether or not it was ok to take my daily meds. I would never recommend this Doctor to anyone, it was a horrible experience and I was treated with no respect or even a sliver of common courtesy. It seemed to me that my medical issues were more than Dr. Merrill wanted to deal with, and now it it clear to me why there were two Cancellations that day and another grown woman before me that left in tears saying " I thought Dr. Merrill was a good doctor" The reason I write this review is to help others that may be going through similar situations. Its hard enough to find help when facing these medical issues, even harder to find a doctor who truly cares...

July 23rd, 2014
Excellent Doctor for Colonoscopy
Had a colonoscopy done by Dr. Anthony P. Merrill at Arrowhead Gastroenterology Associates. He was very professional and caring. Also, was able to give me a complete colonoscopy where another Dr. could not. His office staff is great to deal with too. Barb scheduled the procedure, completed all of the paperwork for me and explained it in detail. Becca confirmed by appointment and got messages to Barb when I had additional questions. Dr. Anthony P. Merrill and his staff are wonderful!