Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by Dawn Smith on Oct 29th, 2014

Oh gosh where to begin. Many times a person's apt is not good, however, when I have this it is always a pleasure. Friendly staff, incredible nurses and very knowledgeable physician. Thanks to all of you for taking such good care of me. I feel very blessed to have A. J. O'Connell as my doctor.

|  He met all my expectations  |  show details
by CB on Jul 13th, 2013

Dr. O'Connell has been my OB for years. He has the greatest bedside manner and is very thorough. After being sick for two years and going to a gastro doctor, I finally scheduled my hysterectomy. Dr. O'Connell checked my bladder and rectum and found problems with both! He was able to fix them during my hysterectomy and I have felt amazing. He was honest with me about my issues and my expectations. He is by far one of the best doctors I have met.

|  Compassionate caregiver!  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

Dr. O'Connell takes the time to make sure his patients are comfortable and understand exactly what needs to be done and how it will be done. Every doctor should try to be more like Dr. O'Connell!

|  BEST OBGYN EVER!!!!  |  show details
by Rachel R. on Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. O'Connell goes above and beyond his obligations for patient care. After learning that i had a genetic mutation that gives me a predisposition of getting ovarian cancer, he called me at 7:00 P.M. to get me in to see him. That shows EXTREME caring, to call a patient after hours, on his own accord. I love Dr. O'Connell, and i will be his patient until he retires for sure!!

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

I saw Dr. O'Connell for second opinion after my gyno told me I needed a hysterectomy. I found him through my insurance (Blue Cross) and when I called they gave me an appointment quickly. When I got to the office they didn't make me wait and they had me bring my records with me. My husband and I met Dr. O'Connell and he's very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. After he looked at my records and examined me, he told us about all of my options and I was glad that I had options because I didn't want a hysterectomy. My original doctor told me I'd need surgery through my old c-section incision but Dr. O'Connell told me about the Davinci robot and how he could just remove my tumors through small incisions or through a vaginal incision and that I'd be recovering much faster. We decided to stay with Dr. O'Connell and he removed my fibroids in the beginning of the summer. I was only in the hospital 1 day and barely needed pain medicine. I was afraid the surgery would ruin my summer but I was basically fully recovered in just a couple weeks. Now my husband is also seeing Dr. O'Connell. Dr. O'Connell has lost a lot of weight and is also trained in weight management and my husband has now lost about 25 pounds. We're glad we found Dr. O'Connell and his staff.

|  Excellent care and very Professional  |  show details
by Amie Cherry on Dec 16th, 2009

Dr. O'Connell without exception takes care of your needs from beginning to end. His staff is excellent in each of his offices. It is a team effort. They are outstanding.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words. I'm truly flattered. If I'm a good physician and my staff excels, it's because our wonderful patients make it far easier to do so. Again, thanks!