Dermatologists

1 Centre Street Theatre Ctr
Sparta, NJ 07871
973-729-3945
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

• Currently 3.3137254901961 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wait, Wait, Wait......and then kicked out  |  show details
by Family in Sparta on Apr 30th, 2014

We started with Dr. P (as he calls himself) for my son, and then my husband, and finally my daughter. We should've known that things would not turn out right when the first time we visited the office the staff was curt, and we waited almost 45 minutes. My husband's visits were okay, but my daughter and I waited on the average of at least 20-25 min a visit, with some waits up to 45. I never got the feeling of being truly comfortable, but I persevered because the office was in a convenient location. The real kicker was when one of the nurses told me not to hook up my daughter with Dr. P, but with the other doctor because he wasn't good with kids!!!! This last time was bad - we called ahead of time requesting our appt be moved due to an emergency situation and the response was okay, but you'll still be responsible for $25 cancellation fee. We kept the appt, and when they kept my husband waiting (again), he questioned why he was waiting when the waiting room was empty! They asked him to leave. Would NOT recommend this office unless you enjoy long waits and rude staff. Also, don't ask too many questions during your visit - they rush you, and make you feel as if you are bothering them. At first I felt bad, then I realized - hey, do they remember that we're doing them a favor by patronizing their business???? I think when medical offices get phat, they forget why they hung out their shingle.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Sarah on Oct 17th, 2013

Great appointment. Agree with previous poster that the doctor didn't dance on the table. But I was not looking for that. My appointment was a few weeks back and I wanted to make sure my issue was taken care of before I posted. And it was. I had an ongoing skin condition that many could not treat. So as the previous poster said job done. But in my case this was a big deal because it had not been previously done. So if you want razzel dazzel I wouldn't go but if you want a true visit I would recommend. I felt compelled to post because it real was a compassionate, thorough, and accurate visit.

|  1/2hr wait...lackluster demeaner...job done  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2013

True to previous posts it was at least a half hour wait (beyond appt time) even though we arrived 20mins before our appt. Front desk staff was pleasant. Dr. P (as he addressed himself) was cordial upon meeting and went to assess my 13-yr old promptly. Having been in the medical field previously, I did not feel he did as thorough of job checking my son's body and missed a major mole under my son's shorts (even though the nurse/assistant did ask and mark it on chart). Nonethless, he was cautious enough to order a biopsy of my son's questionable mole. Overall satisfied with Dr.'s visit but it was truly lackluster. Actual time spent with Dr. P was 10mins.

Jun 12th, 2013

Saved my life. Found a skin cancer and removed it. I am so grateful.

by Golfers on May 27th, 2013

Our whole family has been going to Dr. P for the last six years, since he moved to Sparta. We followed him from his first officers his second. He has treated numerous skin conditions. The most seriously being my wife's cancer. He found the cancer and was able to do the surgery to remove it right in his office. We are big golfers- always in the sun. And thanks to Dr. p we can continue this lifestyle. Is there a wait as previous poster have said- yes. However, this is a small trade off for the quality care that our famiy has received. We have many friends and neighbors that also go to him(fellow golfers) All have been clinicaly impressed with Dr.P and thankful he is in town.

May 21st, 2013

The wait time is unreal, and I travel almost an hour to get there, then you get thrown into another room for another wait. Dr. wanted my most recent blood work, called my Primary Dr. they faxed it over within 5 minutes. Was told by office staff they would call in my prescription, they never did. So I had to wait from Friday to Monday. Then the Nurse tried telling me a lie that she just received fax of blood work. I told her to check the date and time, that it got there when I was there on Friday. She claims she called in script before calling me back. I go to pick up script and find out they canceled it. I call and the Office Manager tells me she canceled it because I was rude to her staff, which she had no right to do!! This was no controlled substance either. Who do they think they are?? They had no right to do that. Very unprofessional staff!! I also reported the Dr.and his entire staff to the AMA!!

May 16th, 2013

One hour wait in waiting room. Another 25 min. In room .dr acted annoyed at my skin care questions

May 5th, 2013

The office is beautiful. I was greeted immediately as I walked in. The doctor was thorough with my exam and was able to get my treatments started right away. I'm looking forward to going back for my next visit. While I was there I asked to get Botox and Dr. P was great. At my previous office, I had gotten a limp eye with my Botox treatment. It has been 3 weeks since my treatment and so far no limp eye! I will be referring family and friends to Dr. P.

|  Baby with eczema  |  show details
by Jamie on Apr 30th, 2013

Thank you Dr. P for treating my baby's eczema. I was so scared and frustrated with her ongoing eczema. He not only reassured me but treated her quickly. On my follow up visit, I was so happy to show him how she cleared up in 5 days. I have been struggling for months! Yes, I had to wait but it was a beautiful day and I just went over to Panera for coffee and came back. I also was able to pick up my meds from cvs right after my visit. The Pharmacist laughed that I was the 100th Dr. P patient today.

|  Bring a snack and reading material because you're going to wait awhile  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2013

I went here for treatment on my 6 year old son's foot. Dr. P and his assistants were great. I have nothing but nice things to say about them. However my son required 3 appointments, and we waited at least 30 minutes past the appointment time on each visit; today's wait was 45 minutes. Today they were so far behind it was standing room only in the waiting room for a period of time. As happy as I was with the treatment for my son, I can't see returning for any future issues knowing that I will be waiting so long.

|  Healthcare Professional  |  show details
by Lauren on Mar 11th, 2013

Came highly recommended and I can see why. My primary recommend I get some moles check he said go to Dr. P, he is the best. I worked for a dermatology practice a long time ago and know how short dermatologist can be. I was not looking forward to a derm visit. However, Dr. P was really great. Also went back for a chemical peel and my skin feels amazing.

by Sammy on Feb 22nd, 2013

Came a distance to this appointment and so glad I did! Dr. P is great. He was crazy busy but still took his time with me.

Sep 12th, 2012

I was very impressed with the time the dr. spent with me and his treatment recommendation. The office had me on a cancellation list and they got me in the day after I had called. The staff is knowledgeable and kind. I would definitely recommend Dr. P.. I have brought my entire family to his practice and am extremely satisfied. Worth the wait to see him!!!

Aug 31st, 2012

Best doctor ever and worth the wait. Treated my condition quickly but well. I had to wait to get an appoitnment and then wait again to see the doctor but I would have rather waiterd longer in the waiting room then have waited another four months to see Dr.Papadopoulos. I wouldn't trust anyone else adn I will wait to see him.

Jun 18th, 2012

this doctor had the worst bedside manner, he was very rude and was not able to answer any of my questions...he should not even be a doctor! He is very unorganized and the wait time is atleast 2hrs...he has a attitude and it seems like all he wants is your money$$$$$

May 25th, 2012

I come a long way but worth it. I have a bad family history of skin cancers. And trust no one but Dr.P to screen and treat. Have referred many to him. And all have been equally impressed.

May 17th, 2012

he stinks, period. does nothing during my appt. but insists i come in for my perscriptions, just so he can bang my insurance company. spends 3 minutes tops.

|  Great Experience -- Minimal Wait  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I thought Dr. P (long last name) was a great, respectful and very articulate doctor. He explained the problem and root cause of my acne. He prescribed some excellent topical creams and one antibiotic,, which cleared matters up in under a week. Things went smoothly and the wait was very minimal encouraged by a very helpful and patient office staff. Thanks, Dr. P.-Joseph L

Feb 26th, 2012

Saw this physician multiple times to treat terrible acne. While other dermatologists over the years treated with various topical treatment, Dr. P treated the root of the problem. Completely clear, with no scars, after taking Accutane. Excellent physician, and simply got the job done.

Jan 9th, 2012

Came highly recommended, however, through personal experience found him to be incredibly rude and spent zero time with me. He wanted to quickly inject something(?) into my temple without asking if I wanted this or telling me what it was he was injecting. Did not give me a full screening and told me not to worry about skin cancer screening until after age of 50.

|  Best Dermatology Visit  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2011

I have had some bad experience in the past with my chronic acne. I have to say, my appoitment yesterday was great. The office was very nice, the staff helpful and the doctor was so professional. He actually gave me hope that I may someday have clear skin.

Sep 21st, 2011

Great overall experience. Extremely professional staff and office.I was seen promptly. Irritating growth removed on same visit. Other doctors told me to leave it alone.Will definitely recommend doctor to others.

|  If you're going, take the whole day off!  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

I was very disappointed. I waited over an hour to see the doctor and then, of course, another 20 minutes in the little room before I even saw him. When he finally did come in, he was in with me for 4-1/2 minutes. Yes, I timed it. then the NURSE came back in to explain everything to me. Thank God for them. The doctor seemed to be in a bad mood (not to mention I could hear him through the door...saying some not so very nice things...) He wasn't very pleasant, a little rude,rushed through my appointment, and really didn't seem to care. The ladies at the reception area were very nice and my NURSE was FANTASTIC!!! I did get my problem helped (not cured) Thanks to the nurses.And, for the person who posted before this one, he's been in Sparta for a few years....

Sep 15th, 2011

This doctor did not even sit down, did not consider necessary to check any of my numerous moles and spots (even when that was the purpose of the visit) saying that you can only develop cancer in the face(did not check the face either). When I went back the following day to say I was not satisfied with the check up, they told me to make another appointment , and of course pay the copayment again and bill insurance again. When asked to talk with manager they kept saying she would call me when she came back from sick absence, in the meantime, they sent me a letter stating that he did not want to be my docotr anymore, and they would not talk to me either (?). What is going on with this practice? It does not look kosher. Just opened in Sparta, wonder what happened before...Watch it! if you want to be sure you don't have anything growing on you that should not be there, go somewhere else. There is something really off about this guy.

Aug 15th, 2011

Dr Papadopoulos was Great. His staff was very sweet and caring. I have a sick mother who I took there to help with a rash she had over a year. Other Doc. did nothing for her but Dr. P took care of her and she doing great now. Thank You Dr P

Aug 9th, 2011

the only good thing about this office is the front desk staff and the medical assistant. the dr is very rude, unprofessional and very judgemental. i guess this is why he became a dermatologist. DO NOT recommend this doctor.

Jul 22nd, 2011

Great visit. Doctor has a great bedside manner, and extremely knowledgeable.Addressed all of my concerns. Very happy with visit, and will be going again.

|  Great!  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

My son has severe acne, which was simply treated with creams by other doctors. We saw several dermatologist, all of whom did not take much time with us.Dr. Papadopoulos assessed my son, prescribed great treatment, and within two months my son is almost completely clear of acne. Excellent overall office experience and extremely knowledgeable doc. Excellent bedside manner, too.

Apr 2nd, 2011

I normally do not comment for or against any physicians I happen to have an appointment with, but I just wanted to let the patients who needs a dermatologist to know that "yes there are still a few doctors that still care"My mothers visit was very helpful and we would return again if needed.The medical staff was very helpful and calming.Thanks Dr.PAPADOPOULOS!

|  good Doctor Overbooked  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

I have taken myself and my family to Dr Pop. for three years. Office wait was always long as usualformost Dr's in our area. booking appts 2 plus months out now though and called others and its the same. Clearly we need more doctors for better service and might even drive prices down. If our gov.is gonna give $ away give it to qualified students who want to be doctors and cant afford it.

Feb 1st, 2011

A great overall experience. Courteous staff, polite nurses. Doctor answered all my questions and took the time to really listen. Will recommend to family and friends.

Jan 10th, 2011

I found the Doctor to be great. He took his time and was very nice to me. yes his waiting room was full but that just tells me he is in demand. I also found his staff to be wonderful very sweet and helpful. I will be going back and telling everyone to see him.

|  A former patient  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

I was a patient of DR. Anthony J. Papadopoulos for less than one year until my most recent appointment 11/16/10 when after making an appointment two months in advance was made to wit in the waiting romm for over an hour and fifteen minutes. Then once in the Doctor's office was told by DR. Anthony J Papadopoulos that he was unable to treat my skin condition because the injections would take ten minutes and "he did not have that kind of time today due to the fact that he may have overbooked". I was mortified that Dr. Papadopoulos would not treat me and asked that I return on another day for the treatment that I desperately needed. I have to be honest, my time is just as valuable as his and I have removed myself from being a patient of his. I would caution anyone who considers becoming a patient of DR. Papadoulos to reconsider for your own good.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

The office staff was friendly and helpful. The wait time was a bit much...a little over 30 minutes. A good selection of magazines did help with the wait time. He answered all of my questions, I felt comfortable, he seemed quite competent and had a nice bedside manner. It took approximately 3 weeks to get an appointment. The office was busy but did seem to move along. I would definitely see this doctor again and I would recommend him to family and friends.

Aug 2nd, 2010

Excellent overall experience. Courteous staff. Prescriptions worked perfectly.Will definitely go again.

May 19th, 2010

Always late and always in a bad mood. You can hear him swear at the nurses outside the door and yell at the staff which makes it very uncomfortable as a patient. Once my treatments are done, I'll be finding another doctor.

|  Great visits  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2010

Great results. My son had terrible acne which was treated for years. Dr. P addressed our concerns, and my son now looks great. Would highly recommend Dr. P.

Mar 20th, 2010

Excellent, young professional. Took his time to answer my questions. Meticulous with his examination. Will definitely be going back and recommending to family and friends.

Nov 10th, 2009

Overall, an excellent office visit.Staff was polite, Dr. was courteous and professional. He addressed all of my concerns and problems.The prior negative reviews must have been extremely frustrated people.His waiting room is full of patients with glowing comments.Overall, I would visit again, and have recommended him to family members.

|  Will Not Be Going Back  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2009

I definitely feel he did not spend enough time with me - not much more than 5 minutes - and this was my first office visit. I was supposed to be getting a "full body exam" and did not. He only checked out several areas I pointed out to him and nothing else, even though I have a family history of skin cancer. To make matters worse, when I went to get the prescriptions he gave me filled, the pharmacist(s) could not read them and had to call the office, which was closed at the time, so I had to wait over the weekend before getting my prescriptions filled correctly.

|  staff is horrible  |  show details
by elena on Mar 12th, 2009

I got there late because was my first appointment and got the wrong address..( Sparta road instead of Sparta ave). I called from my car and the receptionist didn't say not to go but said to go. When I got there she told me that I was late so I had to reschedule again. I explained why I was late, I don't do that, it was my firs appointment, I do live far, I am not confident with the area and I am really busy to lose another day, but she said I had to reschedule because the doctor will go to lunch. Then I thought..I am not begging anybody..people do understand,doctors are in every corner..I am not coming back to a doctor that I don't know anyway..I picked him only because of nationality an he lost me as a patient and other 5 people from my family as future patients..