Dr. Anthony Petraglia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

November 12th, 2016
Dr. Petraglia: My return to the land of the living. Dr. Petraglia saved my life and returned me to the joy, freedom and the independence of living with his unparalleled care, concern, compassion and exceptional surgical skills. I would describe myself fist as an athlete. In fact, when I first met Dr. Petraglia I called myself a jock just to grab his attention and emphasize my identity was largely expressed through my very active lifestyle and avid participation in exercise of many types. I am a retired American History teacher with thirty nine years teaching on my feet in a very lively Eighth Grade classroom. I think of myself as a performer, entertainer, advocate for students and versatile classroom teacher, who through enthusiastic animation has successfully led adolescents to enjoy and participate in learning America's history. As I like to say humorously: "Ya never sit down in an eighth grade classroom"! I literally was on my feet for all of my career and always moved around as I ran my class. This was on essentially concrete floors. I was a high mileage distance runner and for many years competed with a local track club, running many 10k races each year as well as some races of further distance. I have been in love with running. To say I am an active person is to put it mildly. Having said all that, I felt my world closing in when at my age of sixty six I could no longer participate in simply walking for exercise. At this point I could only walk literally a hundred yards and then have to pause, lower myself to my haunches, and tip forward slightly. I could barely then stand up straight again to resume walking. I needed a surgeon who would address my problems and take positive action to remedy me. It is essential to say this, as a different surgeon was not enthusiastic to take my case. I learned of Dr. Petraglia through a friend and called him. I got an immediate appointment. Imagine my fear as well as the state of depression I was in by this Time. I found Dr. Petraglia welcoming, upbeat, positive and compassionate. He said that he could repair all the issues my back had and restore me to my life. Indeed, he did all of this in a setting of understanding, empathy and neurological skill unparalleled by any Dr. or surgeon I have ever experienced. He removed two destroyed discs and put shims in their place along with three rods and anchor screws (my words here). Sounds very daunting as well as a bit scary. His demeanor along with his thorough preparation of my case and exceptional staff gave me confidence and hope as well as the resolve to go through this operation. At every step of the way he was reassuring, confident and joyful about the prospects of returning me to my active self. The surgery went as planned and all his objectives were met and I felt RELIEF that day. Yes, I am a well man again. I have no limitations to my mobility. I can walk, run, move, bend all those things I was formerly able to do and with confidence in the treatment performed. Two years out from my surgery I want to speak Publicly about this wonderful physician with all his skills who returned me to what I call the land of the living. If you identify with any part of this story. Please have faith and please take action. You have much to gain and a Doctor that is an exceptional human being.

October 7th, 2016
Great Dr. and staff
When I first met Dr.Petraglia I was not overjoyed about having back surgery, heard too many bad comments from people who had this kind of surgery done by other doctors. I explained this to Dr.P and he immediately put me at ease by explaining that he treats each of his patients as family and that he studies each case to determine the proper solution to the problem. The surgery that he performed on me was a huge success,have not felt this good since before my accident. Dr P.and his assistant Anthony truly care about their patients well being and it shows ,before ,during and after the procedure!!!! I did feel that I was a family member the way I was treated by both.I was especially appreciative of the follow up after the operation,I mean how many Doctors call their patients @ 5:30 on a Saturday nite to see how they are doing ??

June 10th, 2016
Very Caring and Knowledgeable Surgeon
I have had 2 lumbar spinal surgerys with Dr Patraglia and I can say through both experiences that Dr Patraglia is a very caring and knowledgeable surgeon who really cares about his patients not only as a patient but as a person. Always available for questions or concerns at anytime and takes a very conservative approach with his diagnosis and recommendations. After both of my surgerys I had immediate pain relief and a quick recovery. I would very much recommend him to anyone looking for a great surgeon and a wonderful caring individual.

March 24th, 2016
Dr. Petraglia is open, honest and realistic about the surgical options he presents
I saw Dr Lepaglia for a consult apt initially and to discuss options for my severe back and leg pain. He spent at least an hour or more reviewing my MRI and explaining my medical issues that were present .He answered all of the questions that I and my sister presented to him and discussed in medical terminology that we were able to understand. I was then referred for a test that would help him explore my medical issues further (myelogram),before he would even recommend a surgical procedure. I really respected that about him, that he wasn't just anxious to rush in to perform surgery until all info was gathered. Dr Petraglia is open and honest, discusses what can and can't be achieved and is very realistic. I liked and respected those qualities immediately, and when it came time to make a decision about surgery I was more than comfortable in having Dr. Petraglia perform my spinal fusion and other procedures.

March 21st, 2016
Remarkable Team
I had surgery several months back with Dr. Petraglia. I was referred to Dr. Petraglia by my primary care doctor. From the outset, I felt comfortable with the visit. Dr. Petraglia took the time to listen. He spent a great deal of time reviewing everything in a way that I was comfortable with. I felt totally informed. He expressed that he would take care of me in the best way he could. From the first visit, I was impressed. I met his assistant, Anthony at the first visit. Dr. Petraglia ensured me that it was "team" approach - he was not lying. I was totally impressed. Within a few days before my surgery I received a call from Dr. Petraglia's PA, Anthony. He was extremely thorough, just as Dr. Petraglia suggested. He had a question about one of my medications. He was extremely detail oriented. He even took the time to answer all of my questions. I felt so comfortable and was ready for the surgery. My mind was totally at ease. My hospital stay was remarkable. The hospital was clean and the staff was great. I received the best care from Dr. Petraglia, Anthony, and the nurses. Dr. Petraglia was an amazing surgeon and made me feel at ease from the point I saw him right before surgery to waking up after surgery and even seeing me the night of the surgery. I had great care through the night. The next morning -I felt so much better. My nerve pain was so much better. I was so impressed with the skill of Dr. Petraglia. I was so happy. The morning prior to discharge, I met Anthony again. He answered all of my questions before I could even ask. Every last question was answered. I felt totally educated and informed. Anthony was totally impressive in both his exuberance and knowledge. I truly was amazed at the team effort of both "Anthony and Anthony". Dr. Petraglia even saw me the morning before going home. Again, he took his time to put my mind at ease and go over the surgery. It truly is a team and a GREAT team at that. I finally decided to write a review because after several months following my surgery -I continue to be impressed. My nerve pain was so much better after the surgery, but I did have some symptoms of which did not totally go away. Both Dr. Petraglia and Anthony spoke to me in an honest manner. They educated me throughout the several weeks following the surgery. They always promised honesty. They promised that I would be treated "like family" --- that could not be more true. For the several weeks following the surgery --- I called the office and spoke with Anthony on multiple occasions. He always got back to me in such a timely manner. He spent time on the phone and in the office. I was not always the easiest person to deal with, but no matter what he took his time to address any and all issues. I always appreciated his approach to things. He and Dr. Petraglia are like one and the same. No matter who I dealt with i felt safe and well taken care of. I am almost due to see Dr. Petraglia for my second visit soon. I cannot wait to see him and express my gratitude. It has been a long journey. I am so lucky to have met this young and dedicated and skilled doctor. I recommend this team (and that it truly is) to anyone. You will be impressed with the skill, the knowledge, the youth and exuberance of Dr. Petraglia and Anthony.

January 13th, 2016
care giver for C. Onorato
My experience with my father in law was absolutely outstanding Dr Petraglia took time and care in every visit before, during, and after surgery. Response time when calling the office was immediate with PA Anthony Dambra, again outstanding care. Experience was so outstanding that my husband is now seeing him for his spinal difficulty in looking at surgery with Dr. Petraglia as well experience that unity with the nursing staff was outstanding as well. I highly rerecommend Dr. Petraglia.

January 7th, 2016
Great doctor and surgeon. Trust him with my life.

September 24th, 2015
Dr. Petraglia is amazing! !
I recently had back surgery performed by Dr Petraglia. When I arrived at his office for my first visit, I couldn't walk or sit at all due to excruciating pain. Even as a mother of three young children, who was totally debilitated, I was adamant that I did not want surgery. Dr Petraglia was extremely patient, and took the time to listen to all my fears, and then in a very detailed, and easy to understand way, explained exactly what was happening with my body. He was able to convince me that surgery was my best option. Despite my hesitance, I agreed, and I'm so glad I did! As soon as I awoke from surgery, I knew he had fixed me. After not being able to walk for weeks, I spent the entire night in the hospital walking the halls out of sheer joy to be able to. Dr Petraglia performed beautifully with my surgery. He and all his staff were incredibly supportive, and kind throughout the whole process. I have since referred many people to him. One has had surgery, and all the rest have left feeling much more educated and confident about what is happening with their bodies. He is not knife happy, and will only recommend surgery when totally necessary. He will however, always educate you on what is going on, and what your options are. I highly recommend him!

September 22nd, 2015
Most compassionate doctor. Excellent at what he does!! Spends a lot of time with you and makes you feel confident and comfortable in his care. If you need a neurosurgeon I would highly recommend him!!!

September 5th, 2015
Exceptional Surgeon!
Dr Petraglia saw me, without an appointment, based on an initial assessment from a colleague the same day! My issues were progressing at an alarming rate and he never for a moment hesitated to meet with me to put a well definded plan in place, quickly, to prevent further damage. He is by far the most compassionate, professional and engaging doctor I have ever encountered. He went to great lengths to insure I understood my situation, my options and my expectations. He meant what he said when he told me on that first appointment that he treats his patients like family and he loves his family. It was clear that Dr Petraglia genuinely cares about his patients, enjoys his profession and is a highly intelligent and skilled neurosurgeon. I could see from not only his staff but the hospital staff as well that he is highly respected. I will recommend him to everyone I know. It is rare to have such a highly trained specialist not only excel at his profession but be able to bring compassion & honesty into the mix. His skill as a surgeon is just part of what he offershis patients insuring optimum recovery both physically and emotionally.

August 21st, 2015
An amazing doctor
Dr. Petraglia was very thorough. He correctly diagnosed my neck problem and repaired it with a surgical procedure. He explains everything in detail and takes his time at each appointment. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. I would highly recommend him.

July 27th, 2015
Best doc around
Dr. Petraglia is nothing short of an amazing human being. He has been so helpful to me during a very difficult time. He lays it all out on the line and I feel fully confident in him and his abilities as a surgeon. He has made himself available to me and my family for questions even after hours. I have never felt like a number while in his care. I genuinely believe he cares about my wellbeing. Doctors like him see like an anomaly. His PA, Anthony Dambra, is equally wonderful. I can't not thank them enough for all they have done for me.