A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anthony Poindexter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anthony Poindexter, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including High Blood Pressure Hypertension.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Poindexter graduated from Tufts University, Boston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Poindexter has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Wing Memorial Hospital & Medical Centers
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Poindexter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Health New England - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Anthony E. Poindexter practice?
Dr. Anthony Poindexter practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, and Neurology near Springfield, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Palmer, MA.
See Springfield Internists, Springfield Nephrologists, and Springfield Neurologists.