Dr. Anthony Quartell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 9th, 2015
Would recommend
I've been going to Dr. Quartell for 12 years now and refuse to go to anyone else. Yes, the appointments are never scheduled according to arrival time and it can be frustrating but when you are a good doctor you are going to have a busy practice. I don't think I have been to many doctors where I haven't waited at least 45 minutes to be seen. I feel safe going to him and he's always been reassuring and optimistic. If you want to be taken care of by a reputable doctor then expect them to be busy

June 17th, 2014
STAFF IS AWEFUL. I WAITED 1HR AND 20 MINS FOR DR TO SEE ME.

February 24th, 2014
Dr. Quartell is a blunt, extremely over busy clinician. If you are looking for a doctor that calls you and spends lots of time with you, he's the wrong doctor. Often it takes days upwards of a week to get anyone to call you back with test results. This is not how a woman should feel when working with a specialist especially about women's issues. I have never waited under 1 hour for him except if I was his first appointment of the day. I have seen countless people in every chair in the waiting room and was particularly annoyed seeing pregnant women standing or sitting in the entrance of the building. This is just not good practice. He is a pretty conservative clinician and blunt which I liked; but the reality of him delivering any children of mine is far from likely. The way his business is run was enough for me to leave His front desk staff is awful. The business acumen of his office is the main problem. The lack of communication with patients directly is secondary. Thirdly, he loves to let you know how many awards he has won. He told me once to name my child after him and start trying to get pregnant right away without explaining why. Great way to end an appointment.

January 13th, 2014
Excellent pre and post op
I was referred to Dr Quartell when I went to IRMS after two years of trying to convince Dr Elaine Melamud that something was amiss that switching my BC was not solving. He assessed my fibroid and recommended surgery. He spent lots of time explaining what would be done and all of the alternatives/outcomes. 10 days before surgery, he met with me again to reiterate what would take place and get all of my blood tests, etc handled. I never felt rushed or uninformed. It was the best experience I have had with a doctor. My surgery was textbook, fortunately, with very little pain and short recovery. I saw his assistant in recovery, as he was on a case at another hospital. I saw him again a week post-op, and he was so thrilled about how well my surgery went. He explained how little blood loss I had and answered my few remaining recovery questions. If you are suffering from a gynecological problem and you aren't getting care or answers, see Dr. Quartell. If only I had seen him sooner!

December 4th, 2013
Steer clear if you're expecting a baby
I'm sorry but there is no way the reviews on this site are legit. I'm a pretty down to earth, easy to please person and my experience with Dr. Quartell was the worst I've ever had with a healthcare provider. I have a hard time believing I'm the only unsatisfied patient he's had. Dr. Quartell was rude, unhelpful, impatient and totally unprofessional. His staff (sans two girls) is an embarrassment (sooo unfriendly and uneducated). Maybe he specializes in older patients or something...but If you are young & pregnant take my advice and run for the hills.

August 21st, 2013
If only there were more doctors like DR Q
DR Quartell is what medicine SHOUDL be about - he is ALL about CARING for his patients well being and wellness -- physically AND emotionally. Women's reproductive issues, childbirth, menstrual and menopausal issues are stresful enough and yet he digs into the person and the problem and handles both with grace and with amazing medical genius ... He is TOPS in his field and an amazing person that I amproud to be a patient of for at least 30 years now ....

August 20th, 2012
the best!
Dr. Quartell is the best! I travel over an hour to see him because of his level of expertise..one of the best in his field. Take my advice: don't go to anyone else!

August 2nd, 2012
Awful experience TWICE
First appointment Dr. Q called out sick and we were never called and informed because "computers were down". Went back for second appointment and waited 1 hr 15 minutes before going back to exam room and waiting another 10. 10 minute interview and then another 15 minute wait for a 5 minute ultrasound. Never even met with this "amazing doctor". Never going back. So unprofessional.

July 19th, 2011
Staff needs to be friendlier
From the front desk person to nurses and associates they're kind of rude. During pregnancy, such as special time, you would think the staff would treat you with kindness, but now, they're all business and not nice. The doctors barely spend any time with you and you feel you're in a race to ask questions before they leave the room. The waiting time for a doctor is ridiculous, and at the time of giving birth you don't know who will you get because most of the on call doctors don't even work out of that office. Yes, he has been in business for a while, but this doesn't mean is a great business. I will say, they have a lab on site, so you don't have to go far to do your blood work, and the nurse practioner is very nice, but that's as far as positives go.

May 5th, 2011
GREAT OBGYN EXPERIENCE - Dotti G
Dr. Quartell performed a Super Cervical Hysterectomy on me using the DaVinci Robotic Surgery method. I was quite impressed with his thoroughness in pre-op testing. He left no stone unturned. He does not like surprises and wanted to be fully prepared for whatever challenges my surgery presented to him. My hysterectomy was not going to be the standard routine. Im 56 years old and my uterus was enlarged to a 6th month pregnancy, I had a 7.0 cm fibroid cyst that was calcified (this was the major challenge) and 2 smaller 4.0 cm fibroid cysts. My ovaries were in perfect condition so I opted to keep them so I could go thru a natural menopause rather than being thrown into a surgical menopause and needing HRT. Dr. Quartell told me he would do the surgery robotically but if the calcified cyst was too hard and could not be removed robotically he would have to cut me. I was confident I had the most skilled surgeon in robotic surgery and that if he couldnt do it then nobody could. The day of my surgery I was again quite impressed with the precautions Dr. Quartell was taking to make sure my surgery was a success. They put a 2nd IV line in just in case they they needed it for emergency purposes and I was also told that the DaVinci repair team was going to be in the operating room with me so should there be an equipment failure during my surgery they were right there to fix it and would hopefully be able to continue with the surgery rather than having to abort and cut me. It was quite comforting to know this.After the surgery when I was in recovery a doctor came up to me and said he was going to give me a shot of pain medication in each side of my abdomen. I was still partially under anesthesia and did not feel anything. I was then taken to my room for my overnight stay. I rested comfortably till early the next morning when I started getting mild to moderate gas pains. Once they got me up and around the gas pains slowly started to subside. They came less frequently and were less painful as I walked around. Walking around frequently helped me get past the rough spots faster. I had to take one percocet the day after surgery for moderate pain and one the second day after surgery for moderate pain and by then I was feeling pretty good. Bowel movements were painful for a couple of days. By the 5th day I was walking around like nothing ever happened. I feel great and cannot believe how quickly I got back on my feet. Even though I still cannot do much I have a desk job and was able to return to work the 5th day after my surgery. If you are looking for an alternative to regular hysterectomy the DaVinci is great choice.Dr. Quartell is a very professional, caring, compassionate doctor. He is highly skilled in his profession, very knowledgeable and up to date on all the latest technology and has the best surgical team he could possibly have behind him.He has a wonderful office staff who is also very caring and compassionate. RN Marion is the best. She was wonderful in helping me get thru all the obstacles I had just to get the surgery done. I dont know what I would have done without her. She was very professional and personable and handled every detail for me and kept me well informed. Even after the surgery when I had questions she was there to support me.I cant thank Dr. Quartell, his surgical staff, RN Marion and the office staff enough for making this a positive experience for me. I am recommending this great team to all my friends, co-workers and family.

February 15th, 2011
I was recomended by my gyn to Dr Quartell as my gyn did not perform the surgery needed. I felt very comfortable with Dr Quartell from the first visit. He was patient and kind and an excellent surgeon. I would recomend him. I had a laproscopic surgery and could not believe how quickly I recovered.

October 20th, 2010
dr quartell is a great doctor who cares about the people sees.