Dr. Anthony Scillia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 1st, 2015
would not recommend
To be honest I never saw this dr. but a close family member did. The dr was short, reactions were quick, and created more problems then helped. he is hurting the credetials of Morristown medical center. He too disappeared but come to find out he was ill. I spoke to his wife on a few occasion. I don't know what her experience or expertise is but she is worst to deal with then Dr. Scilia.

March 10th, 2015
Dr. Scillia is an extraordinary doctor
Dr. Scillia goes above and beyond to help. I saw immediate improvement and you can tell he genuinely cares.

March 10th, 2015
The doctor is extremely intelligent doctor. His treatment plan was excellent

November 12th, 2014
Unprofessional Doctor
Dr. Scilla behaved unprofessionally towards my husband, who was his patient. Earlier this year, my husband became very ill and started to see Dr. Scillia, who prescribed three different drugs for my husband that he had never tried before. The doctor was monitoring my husband closely for a few weeks when suddenly, he just "disappeared". My husband received a return phone call once when a "staff" member advised that the doctor was away on a conference for a specified period of time. Upon the doctor's supposed return, my husband called repeatedly, and none of his calls were returned. When I say "staff member" it was because we think it was his wife that called my husband, since my husband believes the doctor did not employ any staff in his Denville office. My husband did not know what to do at first; we couldn't believe what was happening, especially from from someone who had plaques all over his walls proclaiming his "top doctor" status. There was never any back-up doctor/plan of action suggested in this doctor's absence. I called his office out of curiosity today and find that he is now back in circulation, accepting new patients. What about all his old patients that he just abandoned? (assuming there were others besides my husband). Additionally, I wanted to add that my husband is very polite and a decent person, who always paid the full amount, $250 at each ~1/2 hour visit. What are adjectives that come to mind, to describe this doctor? Unprofessional, discourteous, unethical, even reckless?

November 7th, 2014
Dr. Scillia is the most skilled psychiatrist. His clinical expertise is excellent.

October 11th, 2014
Unethical
Dr. Scillia suddenly disappeared for about 2 mos. without notifying any of his patients of his whereabouts or what happened. We called numerous phone numbers we had including paging him with no response. NO ONE contacted his patients to notify them that he was unavailable (still don't know what happened) or to contact a covering dr. Then after 2 mos. or so he called to see if we wanted to schedule a new appt. How a dr. with the most vulnerable patients can treat them so irresponsibly is beyond reason. Needless to say we found a new dr. Supposedly he is the head of psychiatry at Morristown Memorial!! Would not recommend him if he has so little regard for his patients.

January 6th, 2014
Worst Hospital Doctor I Have Ever Experienced
I went to Morristown Memorial Hospital to get back on my medication and Dr. Scillia refused to put me on the tired and true combination that I used for years with success because I was pregnant (Prozac and Abilify which was cleared by my OBgyn and regular psychiatrist). Instead, he insisted I take Latuda. I have had severe complications from other medications so I refused the medication and filled out a 48 hour notice. Dr. Scillia had me committed based on my refusal to take HIS medication and other nonsense. He refused to contact my doctors or husband, and maybe met with me a total of 5 minutes before making this decision. So, after having me committed and transferred to St. Clare's in restraints, he was done with me. THANKFULLY, the doctor at St. Clare's was able to actually HEAR me and discharged me from the ER in a matter of hours. This doctor was unable to get his opinions out of my Uterus and treat ME as the patient- capable of informed consent and capable of making decisions about my treatment. When I met with my outside psychiatrist, she was relieved that I had trusted my instincts because this new medication is a relabeled medication that I already tried- and had a bad reaction to. Which Dr. Scillia would have KNOWN if he took the time to get a medical history from me instead of ignoring me and my needs.