Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very caring  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2013

I can't say that my wife had much experience with Dr. Shaya in an office environment as her usual OB/GYN is Dr. Litt. However, when my daughter was born slightly premature and with a heart defect, Dr. Shaya was on call. He was tremendous. He served as a patient advocate for us with some of the less-than-stellar NICU staff and gave us his cell phone number in case there were any issues. We can't say much about the in-office experience, but when the "chips were down" and my wife was in the hospital with a baby in the NICU, we couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

|  Nice enough...  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

Good Dr. I guess I expect to pay before leaving..so don't have issues with that (as other poster did). He does share information, which I appreciate.

|  Maybe I'm spoiled...  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

I made my first appt with this doctor after not being able to schedule with Dr. Kaufman for more than 3 weeks. So, I accepted an annual exam w/Shaya. I'm new to PB County, so I had no idea how this practice was. The staff was rude and MADE me PAY before leaving and before even submitting to my insurance! It's now 8 months later, and I just got a bill for another $60 for an appt that I paid $120 out of pocket for and my insurance covered $50 (maybe even $75). So now they want MORE money? Clearly, they don't honor contractual/allowable charges with GoBlue (Blue Cross) and I am afraid that now I have to file a complaint with both my insurance and the practice administrator. The exam was the fastest ever - 1 min & 30 seconds beginning to end and not very thorough; not that I enjoy getting a P.E., but come on, please check for skin cancer like any competent doc does. He was also very rough with the swab and I had cramping and spotting for 2 days afterwards - I've had 22 of these things done in my life and THAT never happened before. Bottom line is this: based on what they want me to pay, Dr. Shaya makes $25 a minute...more than I make in an hour. I've got to be honest, don't waste your time there if you would like to be treated like a woman and not an ATM...Oh, and fill up your wallet with cash, you're gonna need it. Apparently NONE of the doctors here will agree to bill you after your insurance responds, and these docs are no exception. It wouldn't be so bad if he was exceptional and the staff cordial, but it was painful from all angles...literally.I thought that it was bad enough as it was, but getting that bill in the mail today just confirms what a shake down the whole med system in Florida is. Anyone who has lived anywhere else can tell you that.

|  Dr Shaya a class act and willing to share details to educate patients  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

We moved & I needed to transfer my care in the middle of my high risk pregnancy to a new group. I was very impressed with Dr Shaya. He has a gentle bedside manner, knows "his stuff", and just as important, is willing to share detailed information with a his patient (educating patient). I was also surprised with the amount of time he spent with me. Without hesitation, highly recommend him.However, I would not say the same for one of his partners, Dr. Kaufman. Be sure to schedule with Dr. Shaya, or if he is unavailable, Dr. Litt.