A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anthony Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Anthony Shields is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shields
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shields Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anthony Shields, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 29 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bell's Palsy
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Cleft Lip
- Cleft Palate
- Clinical Research
- Colorectal Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Shields has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Karmanos Cancer Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Anthony F Shields MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Anthony F. Shields practice?
- Dr. Anthony Shields has 1 office location.
Dr. Anthony Shields practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Detroit, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Hematologists, and Detroit Oncologists.