A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anthony Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Anthony Shields is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anthony Shields, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 28 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bell's Palsy
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cleft Lip
- Cleft Palate
- Clinical Research
- Colorectal Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Hodgkin Disease
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Shields has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Karmanos Cancer Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Anthony Frank Shields MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Anthony F. Shields practice?
- Dr. Anthony Shields has 1 office location.
Dr. Anthony Shields practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Detroit, MI.
See Detroit Internists, Detroit Hematologists, and Detroit Oncologists.