A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anthony Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Anthony Carter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anthony Carter, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Boston University . He has 6 awards.
Dr. Carter has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 34 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Anthony T. Carter practice?
Dr. Anthony Carter practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Newport News, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Atlanta, GA.
See Newport News Orthopedic Surgeons.