Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  The Best  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Dr. Carter is a very caring empathetic physician with the best interest of his patients in mind. Skilled surgeon and Virginia is blessed to have him. If you have a bad hip or knee he is the one to see even if you have to travel some.

|  Bilateral knee Replacement  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

I have had 5 seperate knee surgeries over the past 30 years and was dreading have both knees replaced and the long recovery.This turned out to be the best operation and fast recovery of any previous surgeries. I have had staff infections on 2 of my previous operations and "knock on wood" this time I came home healthy.Thanks Dr Carter

Jun 22nd, 2012

VERY HAPPY WITH SERVICE.

|  The only doctor I'd recommend for a hip replacement!  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

Within minutes of meeting Dr. Carter I was ready to sign up for my hip replacement surgery. Not based on the meeting alone but all the recommendations I'd heard from friends prior to meeting him. Having experienced both the traditional approach and the anterior approach performed by Dr. Carter, I can honestly say the recovery period is 1/3rd the time and much less involved.Thank you Dr. Carter for performing and perfecting this anterior approach hip replaceent!

|  ANTERIOR HIP REPLACEMENT  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

MY HUSBAND HAD AN ANTERIOR HIP REPLACEMENT LAST WEEK AND IS DOING REMARKABLE. HE IS UP WALKING AND DOING FANTASTIC. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR, ANTHONY CARTER AND HIS TEAM. IT TOOK OTHER DOCTORS ALMOST 3 YEARS TO TRY AND FIND OUT HIS PROBLEM. DR CARTER FOUND IT IMMEDIATELY. WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR HIM AND HIS TEAM

|  great bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

Dr. Carter focuses on you and listens! He makes you feel important as the patient. He gave me a varity of options and thoroughly went over each option.

|  I'm new again  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

Dr. Carter replaced both my hips at once (bilateral). I am AMAZED by my recovery. After 2 weeks, I could go up and down stairs. By 3 weeks I could walk a mile with a cane. By one month I would walk 1 1/2 miles without a cane. At 2 months, I could walk 4-5 miles and felt better than I had in years. Jiffy hip is an extraordinary surgery and Dr. Carter is simply the BEST!

Apr 26th, 2011

Superbly competent. Excellent outcome. Kind. Visited patient in the hospital Saturday before Easter and on Easter.

|  nurse  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

Dr. Carter is an outstanding physician. I had a total hip replacement, anterior and did so well. He was there for me when I needed him and showed much caring and concern. I would and have recommended him to many people. I am in the medical field, RN, in Richmond and, whenever appropriate, I share my story and recommend that patients see him. They will never be sorry!!! Wonderful person and physician!!! Was back to work in 2 weeks on my feel all day without walker or cane! Can't beat that!!

|  Great Bilateral Knee Replacement  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Dr Carter performed a bilateral knee replacement for me on 9-16-2010. I could fully extend my knees at 10 days, with full flexability. He has his patients well being at heart. I was told by the nurses that he always checked on his patients, even on the weekends he was not on call.I would recommend him to anyone needinga great surgeon.

|  hip replacement  |  show details
by the barter lady on May 3rd, 2010

dr carter replaced my hip with his the anterior approach [he does not cut the muscle] nov.2009,my recovery was awesome i was back to work in 2 weeks,YES i said 2 wks,and i am a barber so i am on my feet all day i did have some muscle pain for a few wks as they healed from the stretching to do the replacement,it was like a miracle,i have recommended dr carter to numereous clients that has had dr carter and all have been elated with his procedure[anterior approach to total hip replacement]i would highly recommend this new way to hip replacement and i would only trust dr carter to do it

|  DOC IS GREAT-OFFICE IS AVERAGE  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2010

DR CARTER CAME HIGHLY RATED BY A NEIGHBOR AND I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. MY OPERATION(HIP) WENT GREAT AND RECOVERY WAS RELATIVELY FAST. I PLAN TO HAVE DR CARTER REPLACE MY OTHER HIP ASAP.

|  he delivers on his promises  |  show details
by dawnsirish on Sep 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Carter did a revision on my knee to correct the mess another dr. had done. I could not straighten my leg nor bend it, my knee was stuck in a 45 degree angle. He promised me he'd give me 100% of my extension back and he delivered.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Patient Relationship  |  show details
by Karen Trevett on Sep 24th, 2009

This surgeon did a hip replacement on me that failed. He did not spend 10 minutes with me prior to the surgery. I felt as if I was his #4 surgery of 5 that day. It also took 6 months to discover that the prosthesis had failed and was creating major pain even tho the xrays clearly showed the problem at 2 months. He just kept saying it would get better. I required a revision which I had another surgeon do with much greater success. I would not recommend Dr Carter.

Jul 9th, 2009

I liked that once a dx was made, Dr. Carter listed all options/possible outcomes, but i made the decision on which option i wanted. I was also impressed that if he did not know something i asked, he said he didn't know, but that he would find out, and he did.

|  Excellent physician!  |  show details
by Valkyrie on Aug 30th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Carter is not only an excellent physician, he is an excellent listener, and you can tell he wants only the best for YOU. He makes you feel like you are the only patient he has. Dr. Carter performed a partial knee replacement for me, and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. In only 2 months, I could walk the dog, go for long walks, and and don't even notice that I have replacement parts in my knee. Again, Dr. Carter is the best! If you need a knee, you owe it to yourself to see him.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com