Pulmonologists
SMGS Medical Group
4106 S Water Tower Pl
Mount Vernon, IL 62864
618-242-8900
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Jul 8th, 2014

Gave me a pill that i KNEW would cause candida-he promised it wouldnt-IT DID!He refused to see me and treat the candida-REAL JERK

|  I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone.  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2014

This Doctor told me I had Pulmonary Fibrosis and had five to ten years to live and when my Rheumatologist tried to get in touch with him and talk with him about me having lung biopsy's done to find out for sure what I had he would not speak with him. I finally decided to find a different Doctor and when they did lung biopsy's I had Sarcoidosis instead of Fibrosis. I also witnessed him being very hateful to his office help and half the people that I know who have gone to this man feel the same way about him. I am very disappointed in Good Sam for putting him over anything at the hospital. He has run off several good Doctor's from there already. There are Doctor's out there who care about their patient more than their ego.

Oct 22nd, 2012

I am 20 and have breathing problems. A lot of times when i go to the DR. i find it very frustrating because think because im so young i dont care about my health, so they talk over my head and when i ask questions they dont answer the question. But this is not the case with Dr.Vacca, he talked on my level exp what is causing the asthma and how in the long run he will help correct it. And he has, i always find it relieving when i leave that office.

|  DR IS VERY ARROGANT  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

NO BEDSIDE MANNER. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR. VERY RUDE!

May 12th, 2012

This doc is topnotchHe is only concerned about his patientsHe answers all questions at my level -

|  Dr. tells it straight and has the best interest of his pt's at heart.  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2011

I have breathing problems. Dr. Vacca talks to me directly and clearly. He wants me to be better and knows how to get me there. He motivates me to take care of my health. I have full confindence in him.

by one of his pt. on Mar 2nd, 2011

He made seem a little rough around the edges put he has a soft side to him people just need to look deep down inside

Mar 1st, 2011

I would reccomend this doctor to anyone. He is very knowledgeable and very caring to his patients. The wait time in the office is very minimal and he has a caring and polite office staff. I think in any situation I would want Dr. Vacca to take care of me!

Mar 1st, 2011

I am a nurse and have worked with this doctor. He is the only physician I will allow to provide healthcare to myelf or my family. He is one of the very few compasionate physicians in the medical field. Every decision that he makes is based solely on the patient's best interest.

|  NEVER GO TO THIS DR !!!!  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

I would not refer ANYONE to this Dr. He does not treat patients or family in a decent manner, He is always short tempered, annoyed if you have questions, degrades other Drs in the same hospital and clearly does not have any morals or ethics. I would rather go to a veteranarian than this man that calls himself a professional!!!