Dr. Anthony Vine MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 15th, 2017
FEEL SWINDLED
At my consultation before my routine hernia repair, I was told that my surgery would cost either $8000 or $17,000, but since I had "very good insurance", Aetna would "almost certainly" pay the majority of the fee. Then, at my first post op visit, I was told my surgery had been more complicated than originally thought, and I was going to be charged $21,000 instead. Dr. Vine requires half the surgery fee while waiting for the insurance to process the claim, and so my credit card was charged $10,000 at the post op visit. Then Aetna paid Dr Vine $6400 and his office had the audacity to tell me they were being "courteous" by not requiring the remaining $4,600 (21,000 -16,400=4,600). When I complained to Aetna, they said this was really reprehensible behavior on the part of Dr. Vine and to ask his billing person to resubmit a portion of the claim with a different billing code, so I could hopefully recoup some of the $10,000. I called the office multiple times asking them to do this, but nothing ever happened, no one once returned my calls. I never would have agreed to surgery had I known my out of pocket costs would be $10,000 for a hernia repair. I've never left a review of a physician on the internet, but it is a testament to how poorly I was treated that I am doing so now. Buyer beware.

February 6th, 2015
A model practitioner
I have been a patient of Dr. Vine's for the past four months. From the very first visit, I was impressed with the thorough and detailed manner in which he approached my illness - reviewing and collaborating with colleagues absent prompting. I was pleasantly surprised by his willingness to answer questions, even if matters had been previously explained. While his technical expertise is outstanding, I remain most impressed by his continued ability to be present, and to care about all aspects of life, and strive to enhance the quality of life of his patients. His excellence as a doctor, example of professional responsibility, and standards of treating others are the highest I have experienced. As a health care professional, I strive to emulate this level of care. A wonderful model for all of us.

January 14th, 2015
An extraordinary surgeon and a remarkable human being, Dr. Vine is what every patient hopes for. He is an expert diagnostician who has successfully seen me through two very serious surgeries. He treats patients with great care, compassion and professionalism. I feel very fortunate to know him and, obviously, recommend him without reservation.

February 24th, 2014
Great results!
Dr. Vine took out my appendix on an emergency basis at Mt Sinai over the Christmas holiday a few years ago. I'm a surgeon myself so I recognize good work. And his was outstanding -- I can't find my scars anymore. Thankfully we caught it early and I've been trouble free since! His bedside manner was also exemplary. But most important is that he got the job done, and done well.

January 18th, 2014
Wonderful
Along with being an excellent surgeon I found Dr. Vine to be kind, caring and compassionate. Dr. Vine was extremely patient with me and made sure that I was completely understanding of my upcoming surgery. during my hospital stay Dr. Vine saw me everyday his positive approach and warmth brought much comfort to this patient. I am very lucky to be in such capable hands. Thank you Dr. Vine.

March 3rd, 2017