Dr. Anthony Virella MD Patient Reviews

October 9th, 2016
ILIF
Great experience. Quick service as far as wait time. Friendly staff and more importantly Dr Virella did an unbelievable job on my back.

September 29th, 2016
Rt L4-S1 Microdiscectomy
He was caring and confident - informative and sensitive to my condition.

September 29th, 2016
L5S1 Microdiscectomy
Since the day i met Dr Virella and his staff my experience has been great. He was very thorough in explaining my MRI and the surgical options and procedure. Even the surgery center was awesome. Overall I am very happy that I chose dr Virella and his staff to care for me, they are the absolute best!

September 14th, 2016
Life saver!
Dr Virella literally saved my life. I was living in intense pain daily due to a herniation in my neck. I tried therapy, massage and epidurals and nothing fixed the issue. Dr Virella identified the issue, had me in for surgery and now I have been living pain free without issue. I am able to enjoy my old life again all because of Dr Virella!

September 3rd, 2016
Lumbar herniation success
Dr. Virella quickly and professionally diagnosed my lower lumbar herniation. After therapy did nothing for my nerve impingement, I knew the only path to healing was surgery. My expectations were not only met, they were exceeded. Dr. Virella's bedside manner is second to none and my surgery was less stressful than I thought. It was fast and easy and I am in 100% relief only a week after surgery.

September 3rd, 2016
Neck pain and symptoms GONE
Completely lost all sensation in my arm and hand due to severely pinched nerve in my cervical spine. Dr Virella conducted a removal of my disc and replacement and the nerve impingement was gone and my sensations returned. The surgery was without complication and I am able to use my arm and hand again as I could before my disc herniation. Dr Virella was caring and compassionate and got me in and out in only a few days from my first appointment. I would recommend him to anyone in need of spine consultation.

August 14th, 2016
Fusion
Dr Virella and his staff were comforting, knowledgeable and professional during the entire process. From the day I walked into his office to now one month removed from surgery, I have been treated like a queen. My surgery was nothing short of a success. I now am able to do the hobbies I once couldn't because of the pain and discomfort. I can play with my children and live life to the fullest. I can't possibly recommend Dr Virella more.

June 30th, 2016
Post Surgery ACDF
I saw Dr. Virella after seeing two other spine surgeons who were unable to accurately diagnose my condition. Dr. Virella was able to see exactly what I was dealing with and scheduled me for surgery within a couple days. Surgery was a perfect success and I now have feeling back in my arm and am beginning to reverse the muscle atrophy I was experiencing. Dr. Virella is very caring and took all the time with me I needed.

April 20th, 2016
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Virella to anyone who is experiencing back pain or any other type of pain. Great job! Dr. Virella's staff was caring and professional.

April 13th, 2016
L5-S1 Fusion Revision
Dr Virella has a great bedside manner. He answers your questions with patience and explains things well.

March 29th, 2016
Outstanding Spine Surgeon
Many other spine surgeons tried to fix the problem of severe neck pain due to cervical instability. Dr V took a look at the films, did a history and examination of my reflexes and told me I needed surgery, the orthopedic spine doc I saw in the same town told me nothing was wrong and sent me to a pain doctor. Dr V performed my fusion and I was home that afternoon with some surgical pain but the deep neck pain and headaches was GONE!!! Thank you Dr Virella, I have never met a doctor who knows his spine like Dr V, he listened to the patient, identified the problem and fixed it!! He's a really nice guy too, spent a lot of time with me going over the spine models before surgery and putting me at ease. I am now mountain biking and surfing again!!

March 11th, 2016
Remove cyst from spine
Personable and Knowledgeable, made the diagnosis and surgical procedure easy to understand. The staff is also very attentive and personable as well. Thorough in surgery follow up.