Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Infertility  |  show details
by Debra Nafziger on Nov 18th, 2014

My daughter Krystal is no 28 years old and I am very blessed having Dr. Wakim as my doctor!!! Many thanks!!!!

|  show details
by Susan on Jul 23rd, 2013

I have really liked Dr. Wakim. He is down to Earth and he listens to his patients. He is friendly and he knows what he is doing. He staff is wonderful. Both times I have seen him he has been on time and he spends as much time listening to my concerns as he does talking. It is clear that he has spent time reviewing my chart and looking at the results of my testing before he speaks to me and my husband. He is honest and has a wonderful bedside manner. I have seen other fertility specialist and I was just a bank account to them, they did unneeded testing. Dr. Wakim orders only minimal tests and his office calls with results the same day even if it is just to say everything looked good.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I have really liked going to Dr. Wakim. He is really great. He took his time in explaining the source of the problem and clearly helped me understand the solution to my problem. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

The only reason that I am going to this practice is because it's the only one where my insurance is accepted. Needless to say, I will be changing insurances soon. Dr. Wakim shuffled me through his office. He didn't even know my AGE during one appt. Every visit he told me, let's see what happens in 4 months. Several months ago, after an early miscarriage, he had the nerve to tell me he didn't believe I was pregnant because I did not have a test done in his office. He never once told me I should be tracking my BBT or cervical fluid. Never once mentioned stress relief or yoga or acupuncture. He even told me Astroglide was an ok lube to use -- never even mentioned Pre-Seed. I agree with the person who said she learned more from the internet. I really have nothing positive to say about the treatment, care or attention this practice provided. Magee Hospital should be ashamed.

|  success  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

My husband and I turned to dr. Wakim for invitro. I had my tubes tied 15 years earlier and they couldn't be reversed...he was very pleasant and he was optimistic the whole time. He told us "don't worry we ll get you pregnant" and he did. The staff was terrific and professional. Dr. Wakim was able to harvest 3 eggs which all 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to transfer...all the while he was so excited for us. Two weeks later..the hardest 2 weeks of my life...we got the call from dr wakims office saying "congratulations your pregnant!" Thankfully we got pregnant on the very 1st attempt. At 6 weeks We found out 1 embryo had attached and I'm now 19 weeks and were going to the dr next week to find out the sex. We cannot ever thank God and Dr. Wakim and his staff enough for the blessings that they have given us. I highly recommend dr. Wakim. Don't ever give up..I never thought in a million years I would be pregnant again.