Dr. Anthony Wheeler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 17 reviews

April 18th, 2016
I went through physical therapy. Could barely walk without shuffling. I have been able to control my aging problems with exercise.

December 16th, 2015
Dr.Where was the WORST experience of my life. He insulted me and wasn't a person I would ever want to be as my Doctor. Something bad is wrong with the entire facility. The ladies at the front desk were Super nice and compassionate. But Dr Wheeler and his black nurse UNPROFESSIONAL. Disgusting appointment, I felt so hurt when I left.

July 17th, 2015
One of Charlotte's finest Physicians
I think Dr. Wheeler is one of the BEST MDs we have in Charlotte. He is very up to date on Pain Management treatment. Better yet, he has had bad back injuries in the past and understands chronic pain. He spends more than enough time with his patients. The woman who runs things in his office is kind and professional and gets back to you in a short time, never left me 'hanging' without help. I wish Dr Wheeler would return to Charlotte and keep his practice open here.

May 2nd, 2014
Long time patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Wheeler for the past 11 years. I first met him two years before that on the professional level when I was a pharmaceutical sales representative calling on his office. After a traumatic accident, I ended up one of his patients (severe back injury) and on full disability. As a Pharma rep., I visited a lot of Doctors in my territory, I had the opportunity to learn about their credentials and success. Out of all of those doctors, I picked Dr. Wheeler. Through the guidance and care of Dr. Wheeler (and his staff), and his recommendation to try alternative measures for physical therapy (pilates for spinal trauma patients, through 8th Street Pilates studio), I was eventually able to get my life back on track. It was a slow, long and challenging process, took a few years; but with the encouragement of Dr. Wheeler, I stuck to it and was able to recover, get back to work and resume all physical activities. Also, for the first time in my life, suffering from severe chronic migraines is a thing of the past. Dr. wheeler was able to find the perfect medication. With this medication, I have not experienced any severe migraines in 2 years with no side effects. Although Dr. Wheeler's physical office has gone through a few changes, I am still his loyal patient. I know how good Dr. Wheeler is. Because of him, I got my life back. Yes, at times there is still pain, but we manage it. In Charlotte, he sees patients at his home office. It's very professional and I like it even better than going to Latrobe.

April 30th, 2013
left out in the cold
When I arrived for my last appointment his office door was locked and no note to tell you where to go. Received a letter stating his office is closed and a more detailed letter will follow. Never received it. He is (was) a great physician and helped me tremendously. But I am shocked at his lack of communication regarding his leaving. I have had to find a new physician and start all over again. What happened? His office staff was cold and had a non caring attitude. I wish him success wherever he is. Thank you

January 17th, 2013
20 year patient
no one better ,he is great pain doctor

November 27th, 2012
Out of Touch
I have to agree with several of the recent negative ratings. When I first researched a neurologist a year and a half ago, Dr. Wheeler had very good ratings so I decided to see him. He seemed very caring and attentive during my first visit. He prescribed a course of treatment, which I followed. However, after a year and a half, I am not feeling better and as of lately I'm actually worse. When I told this to Dr. Wheeler, it's like the lights went off and he just shut me out. I'm still in state of shock from his reaction and lack of care. I'm currently researching another DR.

November 12th, 2012
The Best!!!
My first appointment I did have to wait almost 2 hours but after I met with him this first visit and those thereafter I don't mind the wait. He takes his time with you and you never feel rushed. I've also found that he isn't done with you once the folder is closed and you check out. He researches and networks with other physicians about your paticular case. I've never felt so much compassion and sincerity out of another human being let alone a doctor. My situation is quite unique and has required a lot of testing and research...he has my complete trust that if anyone can help me, he will be the one. His NP, (I call her Ms. Tina) is also an awesome person on his staff. She also takes her time and shows a lot of sincerity when talking. I can't say enough about either of them. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone!

May 4th, 2012
Office staff is terrible, billing office is terrible!
Dr. Wheeler is a wonderful doctor, but his office staff of late is the worse I have seen in over 25 years of knowing him. He needs some better people working behind him or he is going to lose patients that need his expertise. I love the man but his front office staff is horrible!

April 2nd, 2012
Not listening or lack of care
When you first go see the Dr. he asks about your pain then he gives you your pain medicine that he decides to give you. After that he willnot adjust your medicine or give you enough or anything. You are stuck with what he wants to give you. In my case the meds are not working, also no break through medicine. When you try to talk to them they dont listen. So Im going to have to go to another pain specialist. As a Dr. you should listen to your patients and help make them as comfortable as you can. Not in this case.

March 21st, 2012
Best Neurologist in the Area
Dr Wheeler is the best Neurologist in our area. 20 yrs ago he was able to dx me when other Neurologists and Neurosurgeons couldn't. He really cares about his patients and is a great Dr and a great man.

February 22nd, 2012
Dr Wheeler needs a "secret patient" to call and try and make an appointment...good luck
Getting an appointment with Dr Wheeler with his new staff is like pulling teeth. The staff is rude, ignorant of proper codes, performs incorrect billing services. If Dr Wheeler is aware of the service and attitude of his staff he should reconsider why he is a doctor. Not able to get an appointment when suffering chronic pain is inhumane, not giving a patient their proper meds when they are suffering is inhumane. I am looking for a caring doctor and will leave this practice ASAP.