Dr. Anthony Williamson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

November 27th, 2016
I didn't think I'd find myself writing a review, but here I am. Dr. Jefferson Starship... ‘White Rabbit.’ Haven't seen doctors who spend time eye contacting w/their laptop rather than the patient. Always some strange comment or story... He once said, "Someone said this about me, from there, someone else said something about me, and then someone else said something, you know how that works, right?" (Silently in my mind, “Word of mouth and if you act with others, in the ways I’ve dealt with you”…) The last visit was the usual ‘strange’ conversation he had with his laptop and telling me of a seminar for neurologists that had taken place... And, those neurologists who have the patients, yet not anything can be found ‘wrong for the pain they endure’…. Almost fell off the chair, as his eyeballs peered from his laptop over the rim of his reading glasses and asked, “Would you like me to make you an appointment with a psychologist?” Unbelievable! I answered, “No, I’m certain I don’t need a psychologist. ‘You say you’re in pain, yet you smile and laugh.’ I told you I lived in pain for years, apparently smiling and laughing became my coping mechanisms. What do you think I should do, get out of bed every morning be a Butthead?! That’s not who I am.” We basically collided into one another as I was leaving the room. I was DONE with this ‘doctor?’ and he was shoving a piece of paper at me, “What is this?” I asked. He answered a prescription for pain medication, medication I told him not 10 minutes earlier I could not take as I had a reaction to it and “I told you from the first visit I was not here for pain medicine, I needed someone to look at the MRI’s of before and after surgeries in Aug of 2015, due to no relief of pain. ‘Well, do what you want with it, sell it, give it away, I don’t care what you do with it.’” (Oh yes, definitely shredded!) I wouldn’t trust this person to take care of my fur kids, he truly is an arrogant, egotistical, stranger than anyone I've ever met! Too bad no hammer and spike on hand when he asked if an appointment with a psychologist was needed. I would have loved to ask him the same question. And as I knew, there was NO ‘psychologist needed’ as the surgeon who is taking care of me now, 'He knew you were in pain.' The surgeon now, “Excellent Doctor, Person, and Very Nice Human as is his entire staff.”

March 2nd, 2016
massage therapist
Wouldn't recommend this Dr. To anyone. Most arrogant. He isn't interested in helping treat my disease, just because it doesn't meet all his symptoms. And is to full of himself to research what may be wrong. He acts disinterested in trying to treat patients with compassion. He would rather go fishing than practice medicine.

November 9th, 2015
Worst Experience
This doctor was the most arrogant ignorant person I have ever met. He told me my pain was all in my head and that I wasn't helping myself and I was lazy. I am documenting everything and reporting it to his supervisor what a jerk.

October 2nd, 2015
most rude dr i have ever seen will not recomend him to any one very aragont

December 8th, 2014
He really was the RUDEST, WEIRD, UNETHICAL DR.
He was making me feel as if I had some mental diability. In which I'm Sure he does. Hateful person. Cancelled on him. Never want to see his face again!!!

February 1st, 2014
Thoroughly unimpressed/Worst experience ever
I have never written a review before, but this was, by far, the worst experience with a doctor I have ever encountered. We were referred by our GP when my teenaged-daughter was experiencing frequent and severe migraine headaches. The day before our visit, I called my daughter’s gynecologist who confirmed that the birth control she was using could most definitely spur migraines in patients who were susceptible (something we hadn’t considered). Dr. Williamson was condescending, egotistical, and outright rude, blatantly interrupting me a couple of times. He refuted the idea of birth control causing the migraines, even though I told him what the gynecologist had stated. He also quickly debunked the idea that the cause could be diet related. (My hope was he would promote a healthy diet for my daughter; however, he told her she must eat breakfast … which gave her the ticket to promptly buy ½ dozen donuts.) He told us it was genetic and stress related and placed her on a regimen of daily medication, suggesting she would likely be taking them the rest of her life. I was beside myself when we left the office. We stopped the birth control immediately, cancelled our followup appointment, and recently threw away his prescribed unopened meds. Four and a half months later, my daughter has not had a single migraine. I feel he may be committing a similar disservice to other patients, and I would never recommend this doctor.

January 17th, 2014
After adjusting to his ego we still left his office wondering. Looking for another doctor. He never did anything except ask some questions.

December 23rd, 2013
As long as you agree with him and never question your treatment, things go so so. If you ask questions or ask about treatment options that are available that he's not familiar with his ego rages. States "please call and update me with how you are doing with treatment/drugs so we can stay on top of this." Just know that there will be no call back 9 out 10 times. You must call, call, call, then the receptionist will look at your chart and say oh he changed this and that ? Beware

February 10th, 2013
Anonymous Review
I do not normally write reviews however, on the third visit with this doctor we where not impressed with his ego. We where told that the tests showed some things but nothing really stood out to him. We got the feeling that he did not consider our case important enough and we should feel lucky to have been 'squeezed' into his really tight schedule. Ultimately, none of our questions where answered.

October 5th, 2010
Does not give a professional aire.
I visited this doctor twice, so do not chisle this opinion in stone. I was never told what were the results of several tests I did take. I canceled the third appointment due to other medical issues that took place at that time. I just feel like I could do better as I was not impressed.