Dr. Antoinette Gomes Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Antoinette Gomes?

Terrible Malpractice

Posted on April 30th, 2017

Dr Antionette Gomes performed medical malpractice on my mother by leaving her on the radiation table accidentally for 8 hours leaving her with a terrible radiation burn in which has caused her horrible pain and suffering for years. She has reached out to Dr Gomes several times and Dr Gomes has refused to assist in her care of her wound. She has had to undergo wound care management and burn care management for years and this will be a problem that progresses over time.

Caregiver of a patient treated by Dr. Gomes

Posted on September 17th, 2013

Dr. Gomes is quietly remarkable. She treats individuals with disease states that could likely lead to premature death. She treated someone very close to me and added over a year to his life. She did it with precision, skill and sensitivity. She is a serious individual and can be found at the medical center at 7am and still there at 7pm. Her life is clearly devoted to her profession, and if one is blessed enough to have her as their treating physician, I hope they're grateful.

Try anyone else

Posted on April 30th, 2013

DR. Gomes has ZERO bedside manner. While in her office for my consultation I began to cry as she was telling me that I should do something about the size of my fibroids, twice she told me to stop crying before I hit the waiting room and that I should focus on things that actually could happen like getting in an accident on the 405 freeway. When I left her office I thought, perhaps she is just all business and therefore is the right choice for me. Surgery day came and as I had explained to the nurses, I do not like needles. as they were putting the IV in my arm, Dr. Gomes appeared and asked if I had ever sought psychiartric help for this before? The "this" she was referring to was I suppose my fear of needles? She said at 43, I should not have this issue. Unfortunately, this was not my last experience with her because after Iwas told that I would not get a period for 3 months, I got one and all the nurse could say was "Dr. Gomes says everyone is different." Ok fine, however, I was asked to call back after the weekend and let them know if I still had pain. I had excruiating pain with my period and called Monday to ask for another idbuprophen prescription. No call back, so finally when i called again Tuesday to ask about my prescription, i was put through to Dr. Gomes, who could not remember who I was. Ok fine, sees alot of patients, but she proceeded to say that if the surgery didn't work there is always the other option, a hysterectomy. However, she never mentioned during the consultation or the embolization surgery that it may not work. She said she needed my file and would call me back. she didn't have the correct number for me, but fine I thought find my chart and call me back. She did call back and the first thing she said was I now have a face with the chart and I remember that you were anxoius before surgery, so don't worry. I said that I wasn't worried. I did not want to mention again that the reason I called was to refill a prescription because I already knew the canned answer would be "everyone's different". She finally said well you said you were worried that it didn't work and that you may have to have a hysterectomy. But I never said that, I just wanted to be prepared since they don't know how long post embolization syndrome lasts, for my next period that could be equally as painful as the one I have now. Bottomline if you are not "tough as nails", pick someone else.

Posted on October 2nd, 2015