Dr. Anton Fry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Anton Fry?

March 19th, 2017

Misdiagnosis and wrong prescriptions are common here

Dr. fry has been in business a long time. that does not make him a good or even competent psychiatrist. He is in it for the money--periiod. Do not be fooled by the "awards" or hype on his website. Stay far away from this entire office for your health's sake.

February 5th, 2016

AVOID Dr. Fry

I was misdiagnosed and prescribed the wrong medication. He simply is not trustworthy and has a huge ego. He has people on his staff who have no business treating vulnerable people. Dangerous office.

January 22nd, 2015

all he does is write prescriptions for whatever he thinks you need in 5min.

February 14th, 2014

Go elsewhere please

Dr. Fry is often recommended because he has been in Danbury for decades. This does not mean that he is a good doctor. I found him to be curt, insensitive and not particularly competent. Money and growing a business seems more important than providing good care to patients. I would not recommend anyone in this office. I was severely misdiagnosed by Fry and completely disgusted by two of his associates. I have found competent help elsewhere and it has made all the difference.

November 15th, 2013

Exceptional Dr.

Dr. Fry is an exceptional Doctor who has always shown me compassion. He has followed up when he felt is necessary, which luckily is not often. I can only sing his praises.

April 17th, 2013

Do not recommend Dr. Fry or this business

When I saw Dr. Fry I found him arrogant, rude and insensitive. His ego is so big that there is little room for you as the patient. He misdiagnosed me and in turn prescribed the wrong medication for me. Side effects caused by the wrong medication he prescribed caused serious changes to my body that I live with as a result. Stay away from this doctor and the office in general. He is running a business. Money and his business and office development are his "signs of success". not his track record as a competent and helpful doctor. You will, however, not find this information on his website, This is a business...not a place for competent help. I have taken the time to write this because I have experienced "help" in this office and have talked to other patients and competent professionals about this. Do not be fooled by the website or his "recognitions" by magazines. It's a shame that he is still in business frankly.

March 11th, 2013

Awesome Doctor

Dr. Fry has been very helpful not only to me but others I have referred. He takes his time, is professional and asks pertinent questions. I feel very comfortable every time I see him. He usually gives you about 20-30 minutes on each appointment after the initial one which is good b/c it feels like brief therapy. He gets right to the point and doesn't coddle you. The medication he has prescribed has truly helped manage my anxiety. I will continue to recommend him.

March 9th, 2012

Refused to see a patient who was referred to him

My husband was referred to Dr. Fry for anxiety and depression by his Neurologist. An appointment was scheduled and his records were sent and received. My husband showed up unannounced two weeks prior to his appointment to just meet Dr. Fry. It wasn't a good time for the Dr. which I understand. My husband who is experiencing a mental disorder did not think this was unreasonable. My husband cancelled his appointment with Dr. Fry. When I found out about the cancellation, I called and rescheduled his appointment. Several hours after I rescheduled my husband's appointment, I received a voicemail from Dr. Fry's office cancelling the appointment stating that Dr. Fry does not want to see my husband because he needs a higher level of care. Dr. Fry never met my husband. With his 43 years of experience and time at Fairfield Hills, Dr. Fry can't recognize a cry for HELP and know how to deal with it? What a shame!

December 5th, 2011

Disrespectful to Adolescents

My experience seeing Dr. Fry for two years was the worst healthcare experience of my life, including being institutionalized (which may not have happened if he had paid any attention to my deteriorating mental health). I was incredibly depressed and consistently suicidal, but he was cold and brisk, didn't ask me questions or really communicate anything about my treatment. I felt no respect from him towards myself or my family, and he refused to change my medication after months with no effect. I would recommend Dr. John Gelinas, who helped me to obtain effective medication and to turn my life around. I still hold a huge grudge against Dr. Fry-- obviously-- because in my experience he does not treat young people as human beings, but rather as objects to be ignored. Unacceptable in this profession.

June 4th, 2011

Misdiagnosis, Unprofessional Colleague

When I saw Dr. Fry I was horribly misdiagnosed and, thus, prescribed the wrong medication. The therapist, Wendell MacNeal, was working with him at that time. Wendell MacNeal made sexual advances toward me and was quite inappropriate in general. The "help" I received at this office was very expensive. The damage the experience did to me was much more costly.

February 6th, 2011

Great Doctors/ Belittling Receptionists

My Doctors Have always been great, but most of my of anxiety comes from the having to go through the receptionists. You may want to rethink it if your NOT willing to put up with the rudeness, condescending, belittling receptionists on a power trip, who want to know more about your medical history than your doctor does, and who have nothing better to do than harass you with a million phone calls demanding to know more....Want to TALK to your Doctor? "Oh That's not how it works around here", and they will say that in the rudest of ways to make you feel like because you on medication your not worthy of anything!It's my suggestion that they replace all of the receptionists in that office with new ones that actually CARE to work in the Medical Field, and who also have a good bedside manner.

July 27th, 2009

Lifesaver

I have been seeing Dr. Fry for almost 10 years now. He has been my lifesaver. For most of my life I had no idea what was wrong with me. Since I only went to the doctor during depressed times no one realized I was Bi-Polar, until Dr. Fry. My second appointment he picked it right up. Every three months my meds stopped working. He asked me a barrage of questions and started me on medication geared towards controling the Bi-Polar disorder. He has saved my life, marriage and career. I don't know what I would do without him.