March 2nd, 2015
Excellent neurologist, very knowledgeable and took time to listen to my concerns

September 15th, 2014
Pompous, and not forthcoming
I did have to wait a few weeks, but he is the only neuro in the area, so I understood that. Everyone in the office was nice enough, and professional. Dr. Lotman was not rude to me, nor did he say anything out of the way or untoward. I rather liked his manner, to be honest. However, when it came to discussing my actual condition, Dr. Lotman did not listen to me, did not take into serious consideration my symptoms, and already had his mind made up about my condition before he ever even ordered the brain MRI. He refused to look at my research, and perhaps most distressingly, he was not honest with me about his diagnosis of my condition, which I was shocked to have learned of through the Patient Portal. On his records of my office visits, there are several inaccurate statements about my medical history and recent treatments, which I have pointed out and yet were never corrected. I cannot even get him to respond to a simple question about my brain scan- a question the radiation department tells me only the neurologist is allowed to answer. I have called and asked, yet have never got a return call back. I am left to order a CD of my MRI images, and compare them to a reference book at the library, in order to get the answer to my question, which is simply "Exactly what areas in my brain are the lesions located?" Though one would think this is the kind of info a neurologist would happily provide. Due to insurance changes, I had to change PCP's and needed another referral from my new PCP to see him again, which I do not want. I am instead working toward a referral for a second opinion from another neurologist. Sadly, Lotman is the only neurologist in this area, but I'd rather go out of my way to see another neuro than to see Dr. Lotman again.

May 27th, 2014
Self Righteous
The first thing he said was "I didn't read that thing you brought in, or I wouldn't have time to see you". That "thing" was a 1-page synopsis of medical history & current symptoms! Does not listen, or care. Rude and inconsiderate, not the least bit empathetic. Wrong diagnosis. Did not offer the tests I wanted, then says in his report that I refused them! Total waste of my time & energy! I will not go back. Will go out of town instead.

April 26th, 2014
He was fast at getting my spinal and Mri Ordered and done.Everything I needed done was always taking care of,Even to letting me know when support group meetings for my illness was in the area.I miss living in another state not having him as me nero,

October 9th, 2013
Never see
Poor diagnosis, poor listening skills, keeps vague inaccurate records, does not read other doctors evaluations and suggestions, and poor bedside manner. I take the bus to Eugene and Portland rather than subjecting myself to this guy. He talked down to me, made me feel stupid. I have a similar educational background to this guy. He must need to feel superior for some reason. Anyway, for quality care I go elsewhere.

August 15th, 2013
I wish I could give him less than a one star rating. He did not listen to me, did not help me. In his report about me he simply made up things he says I said about my condition, in other words he lied. I felt very put down by this guy. He just made me feel bad and in the end did not help me.

July 5th, 2013
Worst Doctor Ever!
I went to see this guy. I hesitate to call him Doctor. He minimized my situation and treated me like an idiot. He made me feel stupid. When I said there were certain things I could not do he said, " oh yes you can". I should know what I can and cannot do. I'm the expert on me. I broke down and started crying in front of him and he said I suffered from no depression, which made me cry harder because I know I do. He made me feel horrible. I will never go back to him. He asked me three times why I was not married, "oh such a pretty girl, why aren't you married?" He asked me three times why I did not have children. What does my marital status and whether I have children or not have to do with my medical condition? Then he told me after never having read my file that I did not have a particular condition, which was diagnosed and being treated for by a well-known Rhuemotologist. What does Lotman, a supposed neurologist have to do with that diagnosis? He never read my file from my previous doctor so I could not get refills on medication. The med"s weren't barbituates either, they actually make my hair fall out, but save my life. He was a complete jerk and he lied to me. He also asked me to make a detailed list why I thought I was depressed, as if to imply he did not believe I was or could be depressed. It is not his place to ask me why I was depressed, but I started telling him and he minimized that too! I thought doctors were supposed to help people. Not here in Coos Bay, Oregon. TOTAL JERK!

July 12th, 2012
extremely rushed like a race horse ran thru the office
I have been subjected to poor medical care because I do not have good insurance. If I complain about it I am accused of "hating doctors". Lotman thought I was there to be screened for sleep apnea when I already had been diagnosed. He spent almost no time with me and then wrote a report making it sound like he spent hours. When I complained about this or rather pointed it out I was accused of "hating doctors"

December 23rd, 2011
callous....
I didn't feel that Dr. Lotman listened to us when we tried to explain my concerns regarding my mother. Without any knowledge of our family situation, he proceeded to chastise me for not doing enough to help my mom's current husband with the care of my mom. When I tried to explain our situation, he just left the room and said how sad the situation was. Also, he simply referred us back to our old doctor with whom we had trouble seeing because of distance and infrequent appointments.

January 28th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
Dr Lotman is extremely knowledgeable, a true expert, and can always explain complicated concepts in easy to grasp terms. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him at any moment.

December 28th, 2010
Horrible
Said that US Schools don't teach very well and that my lack of knowledge is making me stress about my job, which was causing my chronic migraine. I've been in my field for 15 years I know what I'm doing.

December 1st, 2010
Highly recommend Dr Lotman
Dr Lotman helped me tremendously with my neurologic disorders. So be prepared to be amazed with the results of his treatment. He is also very caring person who has desire to listen and address your concerns.